TTORA Forum banner

Spark Plugs

10K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Klierslc 
#1 ·
Hi Yawl,
I 'm about due for a change to the Plugs of the 1FZ-FE, 100 series and was wondering what you guys use.
I have found a couple of sets that have raised an eyebrow,

Bosch Spark Plug - Direct FIT OE Replacement
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Platinum 2
Fits: Denso # SK20R11/3297.
W0133-1638144 $4.95

Bosch Spark Plug - Direct FIT OE Replacement
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser Platinum+4
Fits: Denso # SK20R11/3297.
Type: Direct Fit Oe Replacement
W0133-1636054 $5.95

E3 Spark Plug
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser E3 DIAMONDFIRE SPARK PLUG, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- 14 mm thread; 19 mm reach, 5/8 in. hex size, resistor type, gasket seat, copper core, projected tip; Guaranteed to provide more power while using less fuel, quicker starts and less fouling than competitive standard spark plugs; With E3's limited 5-year or 10,000-mile warranty.
1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser PYRE364 $5.95

Or there is always whats listed below. All I need to do is win the lotto

Pulstar Spark Plug
1991-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser PULSTAR PULSE SPARK PLUG SET, 2 PIECES -- 14 mm thread size, 19.0 mm reach, flat seat; Comes with an internal pulse circuit that increases peak spark current by up to 20,000 times as compared to a traditional spark plug; The latest in performance ignition technology; Delivers up to 1,000,000 watts of peak power; Allows more efficient burning of fuel and generates a much larger spark at twice the speed than ordinary spark plugs; Provides more power and a livelier throttle response; Promotes an increased gas mileage and greater horsepower to the wheels; With Pulstar's limited 1-year warranty.
1991-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser BE1 $49.90

Whats your thought?

See less See more
#2 ·
umm.... I go with "D" non of the above... the bosch series suck ass... go with NGK!!!!

#4 ·
go with ngk or denso. if you want to fail smog or run bad go with the others.
every time one of these trucks fails a smog it is due to those plugs. besides the factory ones are cheaper save you money you will need it for gas..

#5 ·
I would buy the OEM one's from Toyota. They're made for eachother :) When it comes to the engine I like to keep it as close to stock as possible. It will leave you with less problems in the long run. The only aftermarket things I use with my motor would be synthetic motor oil and mobil 1 dte 24 hydraulic fluid for the power steering system. I even stick with the factory coolant and tranny fluid.

#12 ·
BKR5EKB-11 # that plug is perfect.. for future refrence dont bother with the platinum or iridium plugs. they are a good plug, just not needed.

#17 ·
re: Land Cruiser

Yes. If you go to IH8MUD.com and register first, then do a search for CDan, or Cruiser Dan. This guy will give you a great deal on Toyota parts. You really belong over there at IH8MUD. If you are dealing with LC stuff MUD is the place to be, it is a wealth of information specific to LCs. :flipoff4: You will see what I mean by that..

OOps I just noticed that you are in AUS, probably don't want to order parts from USA. Either way IH8MUD is a great place for you to ask LC questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.