: Where's The Love, 05 Taco???

kapelusprime
07-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Okay I know it's a new model, but damb! Some of the posts out there are negitive on the 05. Like This is the worst truck Toyota ever put out!
Yes it's got it's flaws, but all of them do! All trucks and cars have flaws,
hell you drive down dirt roads you get nicked up paint! You test the limits of your tail gate and you'll find them! If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!! :) :)

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neIGborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

WhinE, whinE, whinE, It's not like mY 90's/00's Taco!!
Right it's an 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!
get over it they changed!!!! :p :clap:

Now are you happy!

absolut taco
07-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Whin, whin, whin, It's not like me 80's/ 90's/00's Taco!!
get over it they changed!!!! :p
Is this English?!?

alabamatacomaguy
07-14-2005, 04:10 PM
2001's rock :D

you got the six speed trans. ive wanted to test drive one of those

scottnmos
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Okay I know it's a new model, but damb! Some of the posts out there are negitive on the 05. Like This is the worst truck Toyota ever put out!
hell you drive down dirt roads you get nicked up paint! You test the limits of your tail gate and you'll find them! If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!! :) :)

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neaborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

Do some research. Then you'll know why. Its not hated, just disliked. If you want to lend credit to your cause, at least take the time to use spell check.

Paul
07-14-2005, 04:39 PM

I've had my 05 Taco black reg cab 4 x 4 and it's got 5,000 on it, no problems yet; only paint chiping it has is where a brat neaborhood kid egg it. Got out the touch up paint; then polishing compound to buff it , no more chip!!!!

Learn to spell. Also, Tacoma's have only been around since 1995.5. Before that was the pickup.

Paul
07-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I still don't see why everyone gets so butt hurt about the '05's being worse anyways.

04RedLobster
07-14-2005, 04:59 PM
well the 05..is way too big...the design is pretty much every other truck that's out now..from colorado, cannon and such.....

it ain't a mid-size truck no more...IMO...

Paul
07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
well the 05..is way too big...the design is pretty much every other truck that's out now..from colorado, cannon and such.....

I couldn't agree more.

Oppositeboy
07-14-2005, 05:36 PM

1. WTF are you?

2. Search n00b. Add to one of the other posts exactly like this, there is no need to create another one.

3. If you don't like other people's opinions about your truck, find another messageboard. It's your truck, who cares what other people think about it.

elgecko
07-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I for one would love to have sexual relations with your truck.

05 Indigo Blue
07-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one. A truck is a machine and like women no machine is perfect. I personally wanted a Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Mercedes, BMW Range rover, McClaeran, 4X4 but I could not find one for under $500,000. Since my budget was $25,000 I had to settle for a V6 pre runner with LSD Package 8 with a Leather interior. I love the power, the engine, the transmission, the interior room, the seats. The dash is like that wort on you ladies but. You have to take the good with the bad. The interior room and doors storage. I don't care about a perfect bed. If I am hauling something big I hook on a trailer, 6500lb towing. I can remember dinging the heck out of metal beds and their side walls. Can you push it off a cliff and expect no dings, get real only in commercials. I get the same mph as on my 2001 and I travel in more style and comfort. You guys can whine and cry but the consumer says this is one darn good truck and they are voting with their dollars.

Tacoma Jake
07-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Those are all personal opinions, and heres mine, I think your the only one around here making a big deal out of it.

Uwisuwerme7
07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
I have an 05 and I love it, but I havent noticed anybody complaining about them.

04RedLobster
07-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I travel in more style and comfort.
people here can care less about that...
they are more worried about how it performs off-road than the comfort and the style they are presenting...

EndersTaco
07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
people here can care less about that...
they are more worried about how it performs off-road than the comfort and the style they are presenting...

Maybe you should check the 2005 taco SAS thread. Anything that takes to an SAS better than last years model should recieve at least a luke warm welcome. I guess it all comes down to the fact that nobody likes change. *shrug* Just one favor, could we please stop comparing it to that annemic I-5 Colorado? If you want to dis it at least compare it something similiar, and the closest thing on the market to it is the uglier than my ex-wife Frontier. But thats my 2 cents.

04RedLobster
07-14-2005, 08:20 PM
wtf..do you think i don't read any threads here?
did i say 05 is not capable of off-roading? no...
i was just replying to his comment about how he cares more about his comfort and style.

cedarbarn
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
1. WTF are you?

2. Search n00b. Add to one of the other posts exactly like this, there is no need to create another one.

3. If you don't like other people's opinions about your truck, find another messageboard. It's your truck, who cares what other people think about it.

I dont give a damn if people dont like my truck. They dont give a damn if I like my truck. Its a win-win situation.

atwinda
07-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Get over it. Look, the 05 is great and all, but how many 05 owners out there are actually here because they want to wheel their truck? Cars and trucks today are rarely sold based upon how the truck performs, instead it's all about it's looks/presence/attitude. I'm sure most Moms will feel great while they are cruising in their 4x4 to drop their kids off at school, but lets face it, the only dirt they'll ever see is possibly a gravel driveway. So Toyota has designed a truck to keep up with that market. However they also know that some people look for authenticity in their car/truck. I mean, how many people buy a Ferrari to go race around a track? I'd bet very few, but it's nice to know they can, right? Same thing with the new 05... You probably won't wheel it, but the locker is still there to provide that authentic image.

So 05 owners take note: if you wheel your truck, awesome, I'll see you out on the trail, and I'd love to see it perform. If you're into malls, and you like to whine and moan, this is not the place for you.

cedarbarn
07-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Get over it. Look, the 05 is great and all, but how many 05 owners out there are actually here because they want to wheel their truck? Cars and trucks today are rarely sold based upon how the truck performs, instead it's all about it's looks/presence/attitude. I'm sure most Moms will feel great while they are cruising in their 4x4 to drop their kids off at school, but lets face it, the only dirt they'll ever see is possibly a gravel driveway. So Toyota has designed a truck to keep up with that market. However they also know that some people look for authenticity in their car/truck. I mean, how many people buy a Ferrari to go race around a track? I'd bet very few, but it's nice to know they can, right? Same thing with the new 05... You probably won't wheel it, but the locker is still there to provide that authentic image.

So 05 owners take note: if you wheel your truck, awesome, I'll see you out on the trail, and I'd love to see it perform. If you're into malls, and you like to whine and moan, this isn't not the place for you.

isn't not.

Is that some kind of So Cal slang?

atwinda
07-14-2005, 10:09 PM
lol, yeah, sorry, I'll edit it :\

cedarbarn
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
lol, yeah, sorry, I'll edit it :\

You keep taking my last word. I want the last word. LOL!!

LavosTRD
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one.
i WORK on them all day long and i hate them :D

Plasstik
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM

I second this one.

absolut taco
07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Well I love this truck. Anyone who does not has not driven one. A truck is a machine and like women no machine is perfect. I personally wanted a Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Mercedes, BMW Range rover, McClaeran, 4X4 but I could not find one for under $500,000. Since my budget was $25,000 I had to settle for a V6 pre runner with LSD Package 8 with a Leather interior.
To put it another way, you probably wanted Eva Longoria, Halle Berry or Brooke Burns, but here is what you settled for:
http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/images/POSTER_ugly_girl.jpg

Oppositeboy
07-15-2005, 09:38 AM
To put it another way, you probably wanted Eva Longoria, Halle Berry or Brooke Burns, but here is what you settled for:

Ah helll! I'm f'n rolling! I may not necessarily agree, but that's some funny stuff right there.

EndersTaco
07-15-2005, 10:36 AM
wtf..do you think i don't read any threads here?
did i say 05 is not capable of off-roading? no...
i was just replying to his comment about how he cares more about his comfort and style.

Sorry Lobster, I didnt mean to flame, but from re-reading my post, I can see how it could be taken that way rather easily :o . This kind of thread seems to get everyone all riled up, myself included :mad: . Well I gots to get going, need to get things ready for my beach trip this weekend! It may not be the foot hills they call mountains on the east coast, but at least its not paved! :D

Ted
07-15-2005, 10:39 AM

But she has a nice personality.

Intrepid
07-15-2005, 10:41 AM
If you're looking for a new truck that has not a flaw, then look in happy land where nothing is wrong ever!!!!

Clearly you have not driven a '98, they where perfection incarnate, if you had searched you would have known that. :D

get over it they changed!!!!

THEY'RE ALL AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!

04RedLobster
07-15-2005, 02:17 PM
But she has a nice personality.
personality can only take you so far...

GOT COPE?
07-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Can you push it off a cliff and expect no dings, get real only in commercials. Really? Dang fooled me!
I travel in more style.
Congratufuckinlations.
You guys can whine and cry but the consumer says this is one darn good truck and they are voting with their dollars.
Yes, but "we" are not your typical "mall-I wheel in style-wheeler". Sorry. We wheel in rocks, you just keep wheeling in style because style will probably be the biggest obstacle your truck ever sees.

05 Indigo Blue
07-15-2005, 05:04 PM
All I want is a truck that pulls my boat to the ramp and back up it. Yes most days its a daily driver. Damn right I want comfort and a little style is nice. I run my air conditioner ever moment day and night. No I don't take in on 4x4 trails. I have beaten my self all over trails in Colorado and I have seen a lot of metal turned into scrape metal. It is great that this is a 4x4 forum I learn from every post about how you guys destroyed somethiing. Then I watch that I don't do the same thing. I just don't have the money to buy new fenders ever other weekend.

atwinda
07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
so you don't wheel, and you don't care to wheel it? Where does that fit in again in "off road association"?

Oppositeboy
07-15-2005, 06:26 PM
SpikeTV. :D or lots of tech info. This is the one place where you can get an answer to virtually any question ou may have, or the people here know where to point you in the right direction.

Can I have a cookie now? :)

04RedLobster
07-15-2005, 09:27 PM
why buy fenders...just run without them...till you can afford another...
ok..if u're not gonna wheel..why did you join in the first place...
this site can't help you with anything (edit* it can but just trying to get my point across)...if you don't wheel...

you should try customtaco.com...it sounds like you fit in there..than here..

Oppositeboy
07-15-2005, 09:39 PM
this site can't help you with anything...if you don't wheel...

Tell me you don't honestly believe that.

Zackattak
07-15-2005, 10:11 PM

You need to grow thicker skin and deal with it.

its the internet, so you can take your problems and opinions and shove them up your ass. :flipoff3:

traction
07-15-2005, 10:15 PM
when i made my purchase i drove both 05's and 04's, while the 05's are very nice trucks, i feel that i made the best decision getting the 01-04 model year, especially after going on some orv trails and seeing that my truck is almost too wide enough as it is.

Mike
07-15-2005, 10:16 PM

Toyota is famous for their small 4WD truck. Many of us Toyota enthusiasts are pissed that after 25 years Toyota no longer makes a small 4WD truck. And lots of you happy 2005 owners coming to our forum are not even interested in four wheeling. What do you expect?

It's an off-road club. Please forgive us if we keep things focused on off-roading and building off-road capable trucks. Most of us don't give a crap about which wax works best, which fake beadlocks to buy, or how big of a tire can you fit before it rubs your fender driving over a parking block at the mall.

I think they are nice trucks. I just think they are too big.

Later,
....Mike

Rob
07-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I for one would love to have sexual relations with your truck.
lol... See, there is love.

ToyofMarin
07-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Prerunner.

hawaiianbro
07-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Toyota is famous for their small 4WD truck. Many of us Toyota enthusiasts are pissed that after 25 years Toyota no longer makes a small 4WD truck. And lots of you happy 2005 owners coming to our forum are not even interested in four wheeling. What do you expect?

It's an off-road club. Please forgive us if we keep things focused on off-roading and building off-road capable trucks. Most of us don't give a crap about which wax works best, which fake beadlocks to buy, or how big of a tire can you fit before it rubs your fender driving over a parking block at the mall.

Later,
....Mike

Damn.....mind if I steal this response and use it on other people?

Very crisp! lol.....sorry a little tipsy right now

Kaleo

Valkyrie
07-16-2005, 06:16 AM
No style points, but there's your comfort....

TacoFriendly
07-16-2005, 11:45 PM
No style points, but there's your comfort....

Hey, she's kinda cute!!! :saw: :welder: :saw:

GOT COPE?
07-17-2005, 06:06 AM
All I want is a truck that pulls my boat to the ramp and back up it.
Well you win, Toyota decided to accomodate you and not us who want or Toy to go a little further than the boat ramp.
I run my air conditioner ever moment day and night.
So do I. Thats the nice thing about a DD rig.
It is great that this is a 4x4 forum I learn from every post about how you guys destroyed somethiing.
:D
Then I watch that I don't do the same thing. I just don't have the money to buy new fenders ever other weekend.
Neither do I. Thats why I appreciate the lesser width of my pre-05 Taco. If I wheeled a wider '05 in the place I wheel now I would be replacing fenders frequently. I like the '05, I could make use of the 4wd hunting. I just wouldnt wheel it.

Peace :cool:

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:01 PM
1. WTF are you?

Needed the WTF am I shot to make your self feel good, right! I was throwing in my opinion. I'm not sorry it it's not the same as yours. As for the SP's didn't know I was turning in a term paper! next time I'll be more careful.

This is a newbie area, I can talk about what I like when I like so please feel free to kiss my :xmoon:

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:03 PM
2001's rock :D

you got the six speed trans. ive wanted to test drive one of those

Still a 5 speed! :rolleyes:

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Maybe you should check the 2005 taco SAS thread. Anything that takes to an SAS better than last years model should recieve at least a luke warm welcome. I guess it all comes down to the fact that nobody likes change. *shrug* Just one favor, could we please stop comparing it to that annemic I-5 Colorado? If you want to dis it at least compare it something similiar, and the closest thing on the market to it is the uglier than my ex-wife Frontier. But thats my 2 cents.

:clap: Right on!!!!!!!!

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:11 PM
1. WTF are you?

Here, somthing for the rear window of your truck :xrainbow:

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
You need to grow thicker skin and deal with it.

its the internet, so you can take your problems and opinions and shove them up your ass. :flipoff3:

You like the ass don't you!
Got a sticker for your truck too :xrainbow:

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Later,
....Mike

First off, I've "WHEELED" in northern Iraq for two years in and out of sand and mountain; with out the crop of buddies to take some time and get me unstuck after a beer!
Going off road is my job,and I'm damb good at it. When you consider the size of the millitary issue pig I drove, M-1025 or M-1114.

I read some negitive posts about the 05 Taco's, and was just posting to get more feed back from other members SP's and all. I could give a damb about who's got the newest grill insert! Yes I've used the search in this and other forums . All I read is the same BS I'm getting now. Internet tuff guys flaming posts to make them self feel better with out a a stich of good FACTS to back it up :soapbox: I'll get off mine now!

Mike
07-17-2005, 03:56 PM
First off, I've "WHEELED" in northern Iraq for two years in and out of sand and mountain; with out the crop of buddies to take some time and get me unstuck after a beer!
Going off road is my job,and I'm damb good at it. When you consider the size of the millitary issue pig I drove, M-1025 or M-1114.

Thanks for defending our country, and glad you like your BIG Toyota.

:xrocker:

Later,
....Mike

kapelusprime
07-17-2005, 04:26 PM
Thanks for defending our country, and glad you like your BIG Toyota.

:xrocker:

Later,
....Mike

I'm calm now, combat stress is at chill state :) Thank You!
I'm 6ft 2 230, so yes big is good for me.
If you got good solid compare info I'd like to read about it. Is it not as easy to mod 05 vs last years model or older? Just read the newest issue of 4 wheel mag. They have Toyota build up options. Going by what was said in the artical the new suspention is not much different, They say the stock suspetion is in fact been beefed up. If this is the case then why in one guys opinion on this post are they "unliked".

After maket stuff for 05 will happen, this is a new design, takes time to test and there must be a demand. I'm Looking for more than just random jive :welder:

cedarbarn
07-17-2005, 05:59 PM
If you got good solid compare info I'd like to read about it. As in new is not as easy to mod vs old or last years model. Just read the newest issue of 4 wheel mag. They have Toyota build up options. Going by what was said in the artical the new suspention is not different, They say the stock suspetion is in fact been beefed up. If this is the case then why in one guys opinion on this post are they "unliked"

After maket stuff for 05 will happen, this is a new design, takes time to test and there must be a demand. I'm Looking for more than just random jive :welder:

Big is good for me also, one reason I bought the 05 over an 04.

The suspension is different than 04. Look at the rear leaf springs. The rear hangers are all F'ed up, like a full size Chevy. No shackle lift for me, unless I cut and weld.

The front is also different, cannot use 04 coil overs, must use 05, or 4th generation 4Runner. The steering, and sway bar are in front of all the junk, not behind like the 04. Having read the thread on the 05 axle swap, it may make 05's easier to SAS. Will have to wait and find out. :confused:

I am a complete n00b to all of this, but fortunately have some experienced guys to help work on my junk. www.toyotatrailriders.com My 05 is the first 05 in the club, and the only lifted 05 that I have seen in person.

I take my share of hard knocks, but that is going to happen to any n00b. :p

99TanTaco
07-17-2005, 06:18 PM
If you got good solid compare info I'd like to read about it. As in new is not as easy to mod vs old or last years model. Just read the newest issue of 4 wheel mag. They have Toyota build up options. Going by what was said in the artical the new suspention is not different, They say the stock suspetion is in fact been beefed up. If this is the case then why in one guys opinion on this post are they "unliked"

the only negative criticism I've seen is about the larger size which obviously makes it a little more difficult to negotiate tight trails with, that is why they are disliked, I don't recall anyone saying anything negative about the suspension

awsumdc
07-17-2005, 07:02 PM
:p '05 :welder: SAS. :saw: Great truck! :eek:

lotust
07-17-2005, 07:18 PM
Cool friendly people here i see :xmoon:

tenntaco
07-17-2005, 10:11 PM

There are a lot of cool people here. There are also a lot of guys who are getting frustrated with all the non-wheeling talk by the people who think this is a Tacoma owners club. Don't get too worked up about it ;)

TACODOC
07-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I flog my 05 every chance I get, it is and will be a great truck, especially after a couple years of mods. I for one am here on this site b/c I like to wheel and dont give a funk what you drive as long as youre not too much of a pussy to get a scratch or mud on it!!!

99TanTaco
07-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Don't misunderstand us, we're not saying that there is anything wrong with the 05 just that most of us prefer a smaller vehicle for the types of trails we run, most of the trails around me are so tight that I'm pushing it trying to get my 99 reg cab thru them (and my truck has the custom pinstriping on it to prove it) I personally don't care what you drive as long as you wheel it.

tenntaco
07-18-2005, 03:38 PM
I flog my 05 every chance I get, it is and will be a great truck, especially after a couple years of mods. I for one am here on this site b/c I like to wheel and dont give a funk what you drive as long as youre not too much of a pussy to get a scratch or mud on it!!!

Cool. We need more folks like that around here ;)

kapelusprime
07-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Don't misunderstand us, we're not saying that there is anything wrong with the 05 just that most of us prefer a smaller vehicle for the types of trails we run, most of the trails around me are so tight that I'm pushing it trying to get my 99 reg cab thru them (and my truck has the custom pinstriping on it to prove it) I personally don't care what you drive as long as you wheel it.

Cool bro, I'm iterested in any mods for an 05! I am on Uncle sam's payroll so it's got to be reasonable. Thank you "cedarbarn" for that info. :welder: I'm looking into the parts you suggested. :saw: This is my first Toyota and I want to get into some more difficult trails! I did some mudd slinging with her and did okay; But there is need for improvement. I do most of my "wheeln"
in the southern parts of NY Wyoming County and northern PA. I have not had a problem with the size of this truck "YET", most of the Guys I go with got real full size trucks. They run over what they can't go around, but they do try and tread lightly :o

99TanTaco
07-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Cool bro, I'm iterested in any mods for an 05! I am on Uncle sam's payroll so it's got to be reasonable. Thank you "cedarbarn" for that info. :welder: I'm looking into the parts you suggested. :saw: This is my first Toyota and I want to get into some more difficult trails! I did some mudd slinging with her and did okay; But there is need for improvement. I do most of my "wheeln"
in the southern parts of NY Wyoming County and northern PA. I have not had a problem with the size of this truck "YET", most of the Guys I go with got real full size trucks. They run over what they can't go around, but they do try and tread lightly :o
My problem is I wheel with heeps so my tiny reg cab pickup is the largest thing on most of the trails they run, although it is fun proving that a larger vehicle can co everywhere that the smaller vehicles go. It's cool that you have an 05 and are not afraid to wheel it