: Replacing A-arms

TRD Taco
07-16-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm new to the 4x4 world and am looking for a 3" lift. One of the questions that I have is what is the advantage of replacing the a-arms and is it worth it? I mostly drive my taco on the street but do take it off road whenever I have the chance. Nothing too severe but I have scraped the stock truck already so I want something to get it off the trail a little more. It looks like replacing the a-arms would cost me about $800 to $1,000 extra on the lift which is about as much as the lift by itself. Any help would be great. Thanks.

AJ

rojodiablo
07-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Not really necessary. But, something is. Look UP, right HERE! At the top of the screen. It says "Search". Try it, you might like it! The arms have a better roll center, and only give more travel IF you use extended coilovers.

TRD Taco
07-16-2005, 10:55 AM
I should have said I tried the search feature, with no success, which is why I posted a new thread. I could have missed something but oh well. Thanks for the response though. Sounds like replacing the a-arms isn't something necessary for a noob. Anybody else have an opinion on this?

AJ

Mike
07-16-2005, 10:58 AM
I should have said I tried the search feature, with no success, which is why I posted a new thread. I could have missed something but oh well. Thanks for the response though. Sounds like replacing the a-arms isn't something necessary for a noob. Anybody else have an opinion on this?

AJ

Take your truck out and wheel it. Then figure out what needs to be done to make it better for what you want to do.

There are lots of NorCal people to hang out with who go wheeling all the time.

Later,
....Mike

CYi5
07-16-2005, 03:16 PM
the most expensive upper control arms are Total Chaos i believe, around 650. Camburgs are around 439 and allpros 300something. As rojodiablo said, they will allow more travel when combined with an extended version of coilovers such as donahoes and now camburgs.
http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/7530/dsc006468pn.jpg
notice how far the front tire tucks into the wheelwell. Camburg UCA's and Donahoe extended coilovers

04RedLobster
07-16-2005, 06:30 PM
nice....it gives me chills just looking at it..:D

TacoDell
07-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Not really necessary. But, something is. Look UP, right HERE! At the top of the screen. It says "Search". Try it, you might like it! The arms have a better roll center, and only give more travel IF you use extended coilovers.

He posted in the :newbie: section why do you have to be sarcastic. It's fine to tell him about the search function. No reason to be an ass about it though... :rolleyes: If being helpful and positive is too much work... why bother to even reply... :confused:

TacoFriendly
07-17-2005, 12:37 AM
He posted in the :newbie: section why do you have to be sarcastic. It's fine to tell him about the search function. No reason to be an ass about it though... :rolleyes: If being helpful and positive is too much work... why bother to even reply... :confused:

No shit, its like peeps just lurk and wait to say: "Try using the search function"

Reminds me of the hall monitors back in grade school, "Do you have a hall pass?"

If I had a pass I'd show it to you.

I also wouldn't post a question even its in the noob section because of the high chance of some hall monitor blowing there whistle.

:soapbox:

rojodiablo
07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
When his post first came up, it was in 4x4 tech, not the newbie section. It was evidently moved.

atwinda
07-17-2005, 07:35 PM

AJ

No offense, but a search for "upper control arms" turned up MANY results, which almost all had the information you are looking for. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/search.php?searchid=203921 I have no idea what you searched for not to get any answers.

cedarbarn
07-17-2005, 08:11 PM
No shit, its like peeps just lurk and wait to say: "Try using the search function"

Reminds me of the hall monitors back in grade school, "Do you have a hall pass?"

If I had a pass I'd show it to you.

I also wouldn't post a question even its in the noob section because of the high chance of some hall monitor blowing there whistle.

:soapbox:

Dont get all butt hurt over it. Be a n00b, and take your lumps like a man.

From a fellow n00b!!