TTORA Forum banner

Wheeee!!!!!!!!!

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Dick Foster 
#1 ·
Wheee!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#5 ·
I don't have them yet but it's not as much as one might think. Depending on do dads a regular axle set (steering front/straight rear) rings the register at about 7.5K. And, IMHO that is a hell of a lot more bang for the buck than the typical D60 shit. D60's are way oversold. That is totally custom mind you with 9" centers, disk brakes and all. I'll probably drop 10 into the axles but when you set down and take a good hard look at it, it's not too shabby of a deal.

#12 ·
Dick Foster said:
I don't have them yet but it's not as much as one might think. Depending on do dads a regular axle set (steering front/straight rear) rings the register at about 7.5K. And, IMHO that is a hell of a lot more bang for the buck than the typical D60 shit. D60's are way oversold. That is totally custom mind you with 9" centers, disk brakes and all. I'll probably drop 10 into the axles but when you set down and take a good hard look at it, it's not too shabby of a deal.
can I have it?

#17 ·
Dick Foster said:
Wheee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm, would one of those work in a Taco? :D

#22 ·
good thing they're bolt on too....so he can unbolt them and weld some real sliders on there that wont bend.... :D

well i dont think gold would bend???

jrizman said:
dunno dick, i have to live on less money now :( but it should pay off later!

for sure, ill be in the bay area for a few days!

saw the vid from the ruby, truck looks great as ever with that nice bow in the sliders :D

#25 ·
Shows what you know, dummy. The outer tube is bent so it wouldn't matter if it were bolt on or weld on it would still be bent. I guess I didn't put enough spacers in the design. If I ever make up another set I'll add two spacers. Gold is soft and bends like crazy, if you had any, you'd know that. On the other hand, nickle plate on stainless then gold plating over that could be a solution. Hummmm, LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.