: Big Bear Date Change: Plz Read

Karnage
07-23-2005, 07:54 PM
sorry guys, we may (pretty damn good chance) be moving the run to the following weekend, Aug 12-13.

Not only do i have a prior commitment to my wife for that saturday in San Diego that was planned long ago but forgot about.

I was just informed by Mrs. DeMello, it's their 5 year anniversary that weekend too. I am real big on keeping our ladies happy, and Im sure Kim wouldnt mind spending the weekend with a bunch of ugly guys, but im also sure she would rather be doing something special with her hubby instead. Yes, im sure we couldve planned around this in advance, but Jason was putting the club first because thats the kind of guy he is. Thank you Jason, but your family is more important.

As for me, if you know me, you know i love to spoil my wife, and this gift has been in the making for about a year now but we lost the tickets...ooops! So why should you all be punished, cause thats the kind of guy i am... muahahahaha!

This will also give me an additional week to get my truck ready for its inaugural run... 2 years without wheeling, complete new suspension front to rear, new motor, rebuilt tranny, and all the body work and protection... its been a long time but If you all would be kind enough to give me just one more week, and to give Jason a very important weekend off, I will reward you with a great wheeling trip the following weekend.

Im sure there are some that cannot attend now, and also that can attend now with a new date... I do apologize for any inconvenience and last minute changes once again, but as I taught my soldiers "adapt and overcome" = "quit yer whining!"

This new date is not set, as I am waiting on confirmation of the remaining staff. Please be patient.

Thank you.

Lyle Treend
President
SoCal TTORA

DCabTaco
07-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Oh man, I already had that weekend open for big bear. Maybe I'll end up going to the pismo trip then. So if anyone else had the itch to wheel that weekend, check out the other run a few TTORA members are going on that weekend,
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13551
Or you could join the nor cal guys if you feel like driving further.

Darwalk
07-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Alright, now I can go!! I got scheduled to work the 5-6 weekend, so it will work out great! And it will make the wife happy too. :p

K.W.
07-24-2005, 09:57 AM
hey dcabtaco if you decide to hit pismo that weekend make a reservation just in case.

kw

DCabTaco
07-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks, but if I hit pismo, I'll just saturday morning and come back at night. I think overnight camping is booked. I haven't checked, so not 100% sure, but that was my intent from the start.

Darwalk
07-26-2005, 07:35 PM
do you guys have a specific camping place that you drop all of your stuff in, I want to make a reservation.

jhauffen
07-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Any location on the camp site?? I'm gonna try to make it out for your first off-road trip in a long while. I hope you remember how to drive..lol

-john

calamaridog
07-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Location is still TBA as they are looking for a new site more suitable to our needs. Most likely they will know this weekend so you will need to check back.

4x4runnerSD
07-27-2005, 01:15 AM
How many vehicles/people are you expecting or planning for?

I've stayed at Greys Peak group camp and it was pretty good for $130/wknd.
It has Max vehicles allowed on camp site = 8
Max occupants allowed = 40
This campsite has:
> Bbq Grills (1)
> Fire Rings (3)-We didn't get to use them b/c of fire restrictions, not sure about now.
> Pit Toilet (1)
> Table (3 Tables)

If not much more than 8 trucks it would be good, the others over 8 would have to get an adventure pass($5) and park outside the site.

If alot more than 8 trucks you have:
Big Pine Flat Horse Camp (3N16 x 3N14) - $130 for the weekend (16 vehicle limit)

calamaridog
07-27-2005, 01:20 AM
The camp will be unimproved, not at one of the sites, and within the guidelines laid out by the Ranger/Forest Service.

The established "group" sites allow too few vehicles for this sort of event, especially when most vehicles have 1 or 2 occupants.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Those sites are nice for small, non-events.

4x4runnerSD
07-27-2005, 01:35 AM
So, we will be needing the adventure pass then?
Any word on what trails are gonna be run? And are there going to be any 2wd trucks going?

DCabTaco
07-27-2005, 01:45 AM
this still has to be updated for the date change, but that is what is planned, I think
http://www.ttora-socal.com/index.php?module=calendar&calendar[view]=day&month=8&year=2005&day=7

calamaridog
07-27-2005, 01:52 AM
So, we will be needing the adventure pass then?
Any word on what trails are gonna be run? And are there going to be any 2wd trucks going?

You will need an adventure pass. They have them for sale at the Discovery Center if you don't already have yours.

There are always some Prerunners as there are tons of fire roads around.

I'm sure they will run everything but I'm not going anymore due to the date change so stand by to stand by ;)

Mez
07-27-2005, 01:59 AM
.."Staff will be staying at Motel 6"..

Where's the fun in that?

ShowStop
07-27-2005, 02:04 AM
I've never stayed at a hotel for a wheeling event, so I'll be camping when we find the right spot.

Marc P
07-27-2005, 08:18 AM
I will be there. Not sure if it will be late Friday or early Sat. There will be a few 4runners from San Diego attending.

Karnage
07-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone planning on attending BB, please go here and post your sign up info.
Adventure passes are required, and will be required to go on any trail runs. We have not found a large site yet, but once we do we will immediately post here and also put up signs to help you find your way.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=CaliforniaOffRd&msg=4470.1

jhauffen
07-27-2005, 08:38 PM
I will be camping and I talked to Lyle and he will be camping as well. Their usually a good amount of campers so no need to worry.

-John

mojavehanna
07-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Some of the Nevada guys are interested but we need to know what the camping details are. Just wont be the same if theres no group spot big enough to accomadate all.

xmikedentx
08-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Im in! Hard run please....

mojavehanna
08-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Put me down for the medium run, I may try the harder run but not sure yet. Are there runs on Sat. and Sun.? What is the "main" day?

ShowStop
08-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Saturday is the main day. Usually the harder run is John Bull followed by Holcomb Creek. Medium run starts with Gold Mtn and finishes with White Mtn. If there is enough interest, some like to do a night run on John Bull that evening. Most people want to pack up and leave Sunday, but if there is enough interest, I may do a loop trail over by Cactus Flats. Med stuff is stock to 3" of lift, locker not required but helpful, sliders not required but recommended. Hard run is 33s, one locker, body protection.

mojavehanna
08-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Planning on the hard run/ John bull. One locker, 32's with body protection. See you there.

Bakemon
08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Hey guys,

When and where will you all be meeting at on the 12th??
I was headed to vegas for the weekend but may take a detour into the hills.

Thanks,

Steve

ShowStop
08-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Some people are planning on being there as early as noon on Friday. I'm not sure what kind of wheeling they plan to do on Friday.

Bakemon
08-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Good deal..
If there are people going up on Friday please let me know the details. I'll see if I can make arrangements to join you for Friday and Saturday morning.

Thanks,

ShowStop
08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Good deal..
If there are people going up on Friday please let me know the details. I'll see if I can make arrangements to join you for Friday and Saturday morning.

Thanks,
Chris (Wgasa84) and Terran (Mez) were talking about being up there around noon on Friday. I have GPS coords to the camp and the directions and write-up will be sent out to the So-Cal announcement list shortly. If you are signed-up for the announcement list, then you will get the info.

http://www.ttora-socal.com/mailman/listinfo/socal-announce

mojavehanna
08-03-2005, 09:56 PM
What if your not on the announcment list?

"We'll find you anyways Tyler, and when we do were gonna drink your beer and make you wheel with us."

Rockrawler
08-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Wish I could be there but truck will be torn down in the middle of a build by then. A great little campsite not too far from the Motel 6 cheaters would be Buttercup camp off of Summit rd. for tent campers, or Pineknot directly next to Buttercup for improved sites with paved pads for RV's. They are located approx. 1/4mi east of the snow Summit ski resort & offer easy access to town, gas & groceries. Holcomb Valley Campsite is located north of Fawnskin, great sites with paved parking at each spot, and much closer to trails, but farther from town & supplies. Bathrooms supplied with running water at both Pineknot and Holcomb Valley.

Smiling_Jim
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
And meet you guys. Where's meeeting place? Motel 6, or campgrounds, or breakfast place?

Thanks, Jim

jhauffen
08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Jason and I will be heading up Friday morning around 10am. We should be up at the camp site around noon. See you there.

-John

argonzero
08-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Are the hard runs like N97? Where theres a large rock garden with large rocks at the entrance?

Mez
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Are the hard runs like N97? Where theres a large rock garden with large rocks at the entrance?

3N93 (holcomb creek trail) is going to be the hardest run on the trip, which has a large rock garden at the entrance, and another mid-trail.

argonzero
08-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Thanks, that's the one im referring to. I'll stick to Gold Mtn. =D

Half Baked Taco
08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks, that's the one im referring to. I'll stick to Gold Mtn. =D

You should stick to something where that S/C will kick in lol :p