TTORA Forum banner

My Favorite Land Cruiser 4500 EFI enjoy the pictures

8K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  3jooom 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Xray2002 said:
1. Apparently villagephotos doesn't allow hot linking. Try photobucket. (edit - oops! I guess it does now. Time to take them out to save space and bandwidth)

2. There is nothing special about those rigs. Potential is great though!

3. The first two pics are :xbarf:

4. I like the next two, the pickup version is pretty cool, but the bed looks like it is from a different vehicle.

5. the K&N fipk... well, that speaks for itself. :D

#17 ·
XRay, these are fairly new and South American models aren't they? If they are, they aren't as reliable as the Cruisers available in Australia.

#18 ·
Oversight... saw the model years listed in the pics now. They are new so they must be South American models...

#20 ·
I believe some of the 70 series style sold there do have solid front axles.

#21 ·
mountainpete said:
XRay, these are fairly new and South American models aren't they? If they are, they aren't as reliable as the Cruisers available in Australia.
No not south American models its Saudi Arabia models infact toyota company still manufacture same models specially for Saudi Arabia due to high demand on the asme models.
The prices of brand new starting from $24000 up to $29600 depend of the accessories you request.

#22 ·
Saudi Cruisers? Cool... never knew they were doing left hand drive 70 series there. Are you sure they are actually made by Toyota in Japan or are the licenced out to a local factory?

#24 ·
Xray2002 said:
I'm sure its manufacture in japan and assemble in Saudi Arabia
Now why couldn't Toyota offer that here in the U.S.?
I know they would have to change the bumpers,install airbags,and put emissions crap on.But dam I'd rather have a 4500 than that blue POS that they want to build.Can't TTORA try to convince Toyota to sell some of these here.They are getting so much into the american "Yuppie" market first with the new 4runner,then the new 4x4 STREET Tacoma,now the Honda,Saturn style Landcruiser losermobile.
Let's let them know we want some real 4x4's in America.

#25 ·
Unfortunately, it's not that easy - there are crash testing standards, dealer inventories (incld parts), training and on and on that make it not easy to bring a whole new vehicle into North America. Even if they sold only a few here, people would start complaining that parts are slow or service is poor. And other than a small core group of off-roaders like us, the reality is that most people want more comfort, power and asthetics than what those Cruisers give. That's why the new concept Cruiser looks the way it does. It bites, but it's reality.

But did you know that Toyota actually does still import new 70 series into US & Canada? They are used off-road only in mining operations. Most are diesel traybacks and spend their lives hauling people and tools in and out of service tunnels. Too bad they are virutally impossible to register even if a mining company sells you one. There was even a case where someone here in Canada bought one and re-registered in under a different Cruiser VIN. The government tracked down the truck and crushed it. Sad, sad day.

#26 ·
mountainpete said:
Unfortunately, it's not that easy - there are crash testing standards, dealer inventories (incld parts), training and on and on that make it not easy to bring a whole new vehicle into North America. Even if they sold only a few here, people would start complaining that parts are slow or service is poor. And other than a small core group of off-roaders like us, the reality is that most people want more comfort, power and asthetics than what those Cruisers give. That's why the new concept Cruiser looks the way it does. It bites, but it's reality.

But did you know that Toyota actually does still import new 70 series into US & Canada? They are used off-road only in mining operations. Most are diesel traybacks and spend their lives hauling people and tools in and out of service tunnels. Too bad they are virutally impossible to register even if a mining company sells you one. There was even a case where someone here in Canada bought one and re-registered in under a different Cruiser VIN. The government tracked down the truck and crushed it. Sad, sad day.
Yeah,Americans first questions to the dealer when they are buying an SUV are "Are those heated leather seats?" and Can I fit 24's on it?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.