TTORA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas Meeting location?

3K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  onelastcast 
#1 ·
I am tring to make a club meeting I just dont know where it is going to be held.Any help would be greatly appriciated.I thought it was held every 3rd Thurs of the month...

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
There are 2 active DFW-based Toyota off-road clubs, the Lone Star Land Cruisers and the Toyota Trail Riders.

LSLC meets at Pappas BBQ (NW Hwy & 35) on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00... that was last Thursday.

TTR meets at the Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30... that would be tonight.

There is also an FJ Cruiser club that is growing, I believe they meet in Grapevine on the 3rd Saturday of the month, might find them in the Blue Room.

#4 ·
I'm in the Dallas area as well. I belong to the DFW-TX4WD club, which is mostly Jeeps, but they let me tag along anyway. Most of them live in the FTW area which means most of the meetings are that direction. They meet on the 3rd Friday night of each month. I have also attended the Toyota Trail Riders meeting, but Coppell is also quite a ride from east Dallas. Maybe we should start one in the Dallas area, I see you are from Plano.

#6 ·
I'm in the Dallas area as well. Maybe we should start one in the Dallas area, I see you are from Plano.

Well...It's sounds like Ya'll have a great plan going.

It would be nice to have some active Northern Chapter representation in that area. :)

Pm Shannon (Toyminator) or Jose' (Onelastcast) , or Myself , if You need anything.

Thanks for signing up on TTORA !!!

Joe P.

#7 ·
Start networking with the Northern Area Chapter guy's by doing just what you are doing.... once you begin to have some responses, get a date set up and go for it. After a while the turn out will increase. Then you can see what days are best for them and that will get the ball rolling....pm Toyminator, Jomentum, Marcopolo, Onelastcast, or myself and I'm sure we can lend some good advice.
Thanks for being pro-active and showing interest in getting it done.

#8 ·
I'm up here to. But with my shift scheduel its hard to make a meeting every time. Since I rotate days off. But I'm off tonight and this weekend if anyone wants to meet up.

#11 ·
I'm still around. My first TTORA run was in Shiloh back in '99/'00 in a poorly equipped 2wd prerunner and a horribly inexperienced driver. I'm also a proud member of Toyota Trail Riders (TTR). A little history for the new folk - Chris K (Valkyrie) was once TX Chapter Prez of TTORA just as he was once the Prez of TTR. Some of the TTR folk, like Brad (Cooper), Chris and myself participate in both. Chris, Brad and a few others used to plan and host local TTORA monthly meetings, but if I remember correctly, fewer and fewer people would show up each time til it wasn't worth scheduling anymore. Chris and Brad can probably correct me on that, though.

Either way, both are great clubs. Important thing to remember is that our hobby's recreational land is always an issue - so united we stand and divided we fall and all that.

#13 ·
Either way, both are great clubs. Important thing to remember is that our hobby's recreational land is always an issue - so united we stand and divided we fall and all that.
Could not have said it any better!!! Thanks Ed!!

I am also up North - 60 miles northeast of Dallas -- I make the trip down to the Hard 8 every 3rd Thursday for the TTR meeting - closest club around me - I wish there were more -- I love the sport and want to be more involved. But for now this is what I got!!

Hope to meet you guys at the next TTR meeting at the Hard 8 in Coppell on the 3rd Thursday!

#17 ·
I just relocated to Dallas (Addison) a few months ago. Finally brought the truck up here last weekend and now I'm ready to start wheeling again. Would be awesome to get the TTORA crew going again up here!

So......You gonna head up this crew ???? :D

Good to see Ya back in 4wd :clap:

#19 ·
I was there Tuesday and all I can say is its pretty nice. Dusty, but a good amount of trails with different skill levels. Nicely marked but it is still in developement. No water but they are currently hooking up bathrooms and planning camping. Once I replace the broken stub shaft I'll be ready to go again.

#20 ·
I work shift so meetings are hard to make all the time. But I am down to wrench and help people out with WATs. Maybe I should start one once I get the new shafts in next week?

#24 ·
im in hurst and have been looking to join up with a club or just wheelers. i have a great place down the road from my place to wheel. let me know im down. my )! is currently apart so im stuck driving my rig to the parts store and trails. good wheeling guys let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.