TTORA Forum banner

fj40 over heating

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  beaz 
#1 ·
my lc keeps over heating. i have a 350 v8 in it with the stock radiator i believe. i also just put in a new thermostat in it im just wondering what you guys are doing about this.

#2 ·
I would look at the condition of your current radiator ie should it be cleaned/flushed, is it a four core or the older two core? Are you running a shroud? or electric fan these may be a few of the culprits that I can think of.

#4 ·
i have nothing but the 4 core radiator. which shrouds are you guys using and electric fans? im still pretty sure it needs to be cleand out to i flushed it the other day and the bottom drain plug was cloged to where i had to shove a screw driver up in there. i need the cheapest way to do this money is kinda tight right now.

#5 ·
I would say a flush is the way to go considering what you found at the drain plug. One of your water ports may be clogged. I'd grab a radiator flush kit and flush it real good and fill it back up with water and run it to see if it overheats or not. If everything checks out, then you can add antifreeze. You may also want to add some Water Wetter. Also make sure you get all the air out of the system since an air pocket can cause problems as well. Get the front end on a hill or a high curb and take the radiator cap off, crank it up, and work the air out. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.