: Control arm bushings

Wheelin taco2131
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
So i have had constant popping in my front end for about a year. I figured it was the rack, but i replaced it and still there is popping. I traced the popping to the control arms. I called toyota and they said the control arm bushings are pressed into the arms and you cant replace them. You have to order new control arms. Yet day star makes poly bushing kits for $85 so there must be a way. Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

also if i choose not to do anything with them, will the worn out bushings effect the trucks ability to hold an alignment?

Logan
09-02-2009, 09:08 PM
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93967&highlight=control+arm+bushing

ShowStop
09-03-2009, 01:31 PM
You can replace the stock bushings. They are pressed in so to keep the stock rubber bushings, you have to press out the old and press in the new. This is the expensive way to go, but what I would recommend. Another option is to find used control arms. Swapping in poly bushings is a bad idea unless you can keep them lubricated. I installed the poly kit and the bushings were worn out in less then 100k miles.

Windtech007
09-03-2009, 08:26 PM
next time I decide to change control arm bushings, please, someone kick me in the nutts over ond over. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richieiscool
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
did you check your ball joints?

Windtech007
09-05-2009, 02:00 AM
no but if I get kicked in the nutts then I will.

00regcab
09-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Ive got a set of poly bushings form poly performance BNIB, uppers/lowers, black poly.

$50 shipped, if you want them.

Windtech007
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Ive got a set of poly bushings form poly performance BNIB, uppers/lowers, black poly.

$50 shipped, if you want them.

Damn!!! that pisses me off. I had forgotten what the damn things cost me.

tacoma_2002
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
So i have had constant popping in my front end for about a year. I figured it was the rack, but i replaced it and still there is popping. I traced the popping to the control arms. I called toyota and they said the control arm bushings are pressed into the arms and you cant replace them. You have to order new control arms. Yet day star makes poly bushing kits for $85 so there must be a way. Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

also if i choose not to do anything with them, will the worn out bushings effect the trucks ability to hold an alignment?

I've noticed a slight "pop/bump" in my front end for about 2months now...Ball joints upper/lower are new (upper about 5k and lower about 1k). TRE's all tight...replaced old coilovers with Fabtech....still a little bit of a bump....checked sway bar connections and all are tight....

I'm going to d/c the sway bar next week and check my UCA and LCA bushings...if they're bad it gives me a REALLY good reason to upgrade...

Camburg.... :cool:

NorcalPR
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I've got upper and lower Control arms with the lower ball joint...

May be a bit pricey to ship though