: Saturday, September 26, 09 - Wheeler Lake

Vermejo
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Saturday, September 26, 09 - Wheeler Lake

OCG if weather becomes an issue for Wheeler.

See you there.

00regcab
09-09-2009, 09:45 PM
I thought you originally planned on Holy Cross? Maybe I'm mistaken lol

I MIGHT be able to swing it. OCG is a decent trek for those of us in the denver area (just over a 2 hour drive), but I'm sure some people will make it down.

I'll get a definite yes/no after i see how next weekend goes (if anything breaks, and what funding looks like).

RedRunnertc
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Holy Cross = yes

OCG = probably not for me

I really don't see what the attraction to OCG is ...

Vermejo
09-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Iím all in for Holy Cross

I had figured that since TTORA and Rising Sun had recent runs to HC, Iíd have a hard time pushing people into seconds. It was mentioned by a few elsewhere.

OCG was a good second for me, because at worst, if no one showed Iíd be able to run it alone. Apparently Iím wrong and thereís interest in HC.

Holy Cross it is!

Önow for the thread title?

00regcab
09-10-2009, 12:28 PM
Lol don't let us pursuade your trip/plans one way or the other, plan a run and I'm confident people will be there.

RedRunnertc
09-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Thread title changed.

If the truck is running, I will be there.

Thinking drive down Friday night, wheel Saturday, drive back Sunday morning.

Lysmachia
09-10-2009, 01:38 PM
It's gonna be brrr cold camping. And remember if it snows good we'll have to switch the trail to OCG ;)

ike
09-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I will likely miss this run.

Vermejo
09-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks all. Now Iím excited.

Iíll be camping near Leadville the days before the run.

Where is the camping area you guys use for HC?

Vermejo
09-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Seems like a bunch of folks are heading up there the same weekend.

00regcab
09-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks all. Now I’m excited.

I’ll be camping near Leadville the days before the run.

Where is the camping area you guys use for HC?

PM'd

Lysmachia
09-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Well if we want to run Holy cross that weekend we need to plan on helping the big horn trail repair crew then. It would be lame to run that trail and not plan to help especially since we know about the work trip ahead of time...

00regcab
09-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Help big horn, who what huh?

I do not know what you speak of? I'm out of the loop on that one.

mrdoug
09-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Help big horn, who what huh?

I do not know what you speak of? I'm out of the loop on that one.

scroll up, post 10

00regcab
09-10-2009, 11:10 PM
I see.

Well, looks like we'll be helping a bit then if we do this since we'll be up there anyway.

RedRunnertc
09-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Looks like HC might be a cluster - let's do Wheeler Lake instead.

Vermejo
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
http://www.4x4now.com/trcowl2l.jpg

Quick Draw
09-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Lets see...two weeks... I need a front driveshaft and a few more pieces of steel for Doris. But I might be able to swing that. Wheeler Lake sounds much better than HC, since you guys always end up wimping out on that one. ;) Vermejo, if you haven't been there, I'll be happy to lead. I know the area quite well. But if you do too, great.

Lysmachia
09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't think any of us have been on Wheeler Lake Kyle. So any chance the few that do this can crash at your cabin. I freaking hate cold arse camping!

mrdoug
09-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Molly, it would seem you hate all sorts of camping, like the goldilocks of camping (it's too hot, it's too cold, etc) :D

Kyle, I didn't see a bottle of locktite and a torque wrench in your list... you sure you're ready for another trip?

Lysmachia
09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
You know what Doug? I think you are right! I grew up camping all the freaking time. ;) I think I am over the novelty of it. I just realized that we could maybe stay at the super secret Houck Cabin in Hall Valley on Sat night after the run... which would be awesome because I am dying to get up there. (That 55gallon drum stove is the bestest!)

But truth be told even with a 600 fill down bag, the 3 times I have camped this summer I froze my feet off. I don't know what it's like for men, but all the women I talk to have the same issue. It just gets down-right cold for me and I can't sleep. :( I need my down booties back. (I gave them to my mom because she lives next to a space heater because her feet are chronically cold.)

And Kyle don't rush Doris just to go. You know this. It's not worth it if she isn't ready!

Quick Draw
09-15-2009, 02:55 PM
And Kyle don't rush Doris just to go. You know this. It's not worth it if she isn't ready!

Not planning on rushing anything. If she isn't ready, I'll drive the Subie up and ride along or lead on a bike. I've learned my lesson on driving a "sketch" truck. Doris will be 100% ready before she moves again.

mrdoug
09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
jest giving you both a bit of crap...

Quick Draw
09-15-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't think any of us have been on Wheeler Lake Kyle. So any chance the few that do this can crash at your cabin. I freaking hate cold arse camping!

I'll look into it. I can at least offer you a camping spot on the property with a fire pit. But a bed is a possibility.

ike
09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
damn, what a bunch of softies.

Red Brewer
09-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Molly, you need to do the hot potato trick. Take a Nalgene and a small camp stove, boil a quart of water, and throw it in your bag at night. No more cold feet, guaranteed. I do this when I camp in the winter. Wrap it in a shirt or something at first though as it will be hot (duh, boiling!). The soft plastic Nalgenes will warp a little as they cool down, but its better than the hard sided ones, which can crack over time if you do it enough. Or you can just vent it half way through the night.

Jade
09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Tenative......

RedRunnertc
09-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Tenative......

Bullshit - you need to be there, make it happen!

acidchylde
09-17-2009, 01:18 PM
The soft plastic Nalgenes will warp a little as they cool down, but its better than the hard sided ones, which can crack over time if you do it enough.

So do the soft ones. I just destroyed one of my dad's this last trip because I sealed it up with hot liquid in it and let it cool. Altitude changes and long, repeated use probably contributed to that too. Funny you should mention the lexan ones crack, because that's what I have and I was thinking they wouldn't have the same problem. :)

Best bet is to just use a hot water bottle. That's what my dad does for my mom, and she's really bad about extremeties getting cold whenever we camp, particularly in the mountains.

Lysmachia
09-17-2009, 01:32 PM
I just need to pick up one of them hot-water-bottles (you know them as those red eneama bags) My mom swears by hers. Though I do have a few Nalgenes!

And Jade.... We GOTTA see your rig in action!

Jade
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Bullshit - you need to be there, make it happen!Bite my shiny metal ass.
http://benderc.net/Bender.jpg
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::l mao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lysmachia
09-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I'll try Jade but I bet I break some toofers!

Jade
09-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I'll try too...

Vermejo
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Well guys, Iím headed to Gunnison in the morning. Iíll be checking this thread from my Blackberry to keep up with the run and the camping situation. Let me know where you all plan on meeting up.

Itís going to be a good time.

See you on the trail.

Quick Draw
09-19-2009, 04:56 PM
So we're doing this, right? Who's in?

00regcab
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Im out.

Jade
09-19-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm planing on it....I'm not scheduled to work anyway....

Lysmachia
09-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I am still hoping Troy and I are good to go. It depends on if we get the front bumper air tight again and then the driveline retubed after spring creek. It may be too much to get done before Sat though. UUGH we so want to wheel with Jade and Vermijo but Spring creek destroyed half of cottora yesterday!

Quick Draw
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Lol...I knew this would happen... Every time a Wheeler trip comes up, everybody is broken. Get that thing fixed! I'm working hard to fix mine!

RedRunnertc
09-20-2009, 10:40 PM
Can this trail be done open/open?

Quick Draw
09-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes. We got the one guy in the white taco with no tailgate (see COTTORA homepage) up it open/open without much issue. It will actually make it interesting. It's pretty easy with lockers. Can't you just throw some welds on your bumper real quick to make it hold air?

RedRunnertc
09-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, but the rear locker is leaking again too ... it's only a matter of time before it won't hold enough pressure to lock.

Actually, got the bumper fixed tonight.

00regcab
09-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Lol...I knew this would happen... Every time a Wheeler trip comes up, everybody is broken.

Mines not broken, everything still runs and drives perfect.

My moral is just down, and i think it's just time for me to call it quits for this season.

ike
09-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I am on the fence on this one, gotta see how the week treats me.

Lysmachia
09-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Troy and I will be there. We just might not have lockers working right. We need to fix us up a place to meet and all that. Kyle (Quick Draw) could we still maybe camp on your land Friday night? Troy and I can;t leave here till 5:00 Friday though.

Then I was thinking about maybe spending Sat night at the Houck Cabin up Hall Valley (Near Kenosha Pass/WebsterPass)

00regcab
09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Wheeler lakes very likely going to have snow on it next weekend. High country is going to get snow today/night. Just FYI.

Quick Draw
09-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Yep, that's probably true. Some of the bigger built trucks use the trail as a snow run, though. As long as its not real deep and the obstacles stay relatively dry, I think we've got it. Snow might add to the need of lockers though... Much of the trail runs through water, so that will help.

I got the all clear for you to camp on the property, and even stay inside if you wanted this weekend.

Now, in the case that Doris isn't ready for the trip, I will still be going. I can still do the trail on a bike, even with some snow. If its a lot snow, I might jump in a rig, if that's cool? I will not be missing a run in my old backyard.

Also, if Wheeler is inpassible, I have plenty of other cool, but lesser known trails to do in the area.

So basically, whatever happens....we are wheeling!

Tacoma_Tom
09-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, Red Cone got all jacked up for me:mad:, them meeting up at TK's:banghead: so, maybe I can meet up with y'all on this one:kewl:. I'd have to check with the wife on people staying at my place:confused:. I'm only 8 miles out of Fairplay on 5 acres with 2 extra bedrooms and a 40x30 garage w/fireplace. Which makes camping sleeping staying warm and staying dry a breeze. Wheeler lake is awesome!:xcrazy: I might have to join you on my quad though. I'm just not sure if 'ol "Putsy" could handle it as she is right now:(. Give her time though, I'm just starting to build her up.

Lysmachia
09-21-2009, 06:27 PM
OOh yes do check and see if you can host a few of us. SO far it is just QuickDraw (kyle) Troy and I, Jade and Vermejo. And Kyle has a place to stay with a bedroom or two so maybe we could split the group up for sleeping purposes. I would love warmth even on the floor ;)

Tacoma_Tom
09-21-2009, 06:31 PM
BTW I've got LOTS of :xbeer3:, wine, and :xbeer2: left over from the wedding that I need to get rid of. So, If y'all want some for a gathering the night before or after LMK. :dancing:

CoTacoTRD
09-21-2009, 07:57 PM
You guys have fun and be careful. Look's like snow for the next few days. Hell A Basin started making snow today as well.

Me I will be lucky if the truck is running again by Saturday. Parts ordered, just need to get here and there has to be some time to install them.

Have fun!!!:D

Lysmachia
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
BTW I've got LOTS of :xbeer3:, wine, and :xbeer2: left over from the wedding that I need to get rid of. So, If y'all want some for a gathering the night before or after LMK. :dancing:

OOH Well maybe we delay the Cabin for a Sat night after run party! (with all 5 or 6 of us) LOL

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah the cabin has 3 bedrooms. 1 is a queen size bed in its own room downstairs. Then upstairs there are 2 singles in 1 room, then 1 single and 1 sort of bed thing (you'll see) in the other room. And a couch downstairs... So really, I have 7 places for people to sleep provided that there are 2 people in the queen. There is also plenty of room on the property to set up camp, including a fire pit and picnic table. The cabin is equidistant from Wheeler Lake and Mosquito Pass. They are both about 10 min away.

Tacoma_Tom
09-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Got the OK from the wife for Friday night. I'd say I'm about 20 minutes +/- from Wheeler trailhead. allergy alert - I've got two dogs and two cats. Molly and Kyle I'll PM you.

Vermejo
09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Glad this is coming together guys! I know the pain of scrambling to ready vehicles at the last minute. I finished the Tundra brake conversion and rig overhaul the day before I left. It will be good to finally meet up with some of the COTTORA crew.

We are in Denver now. The snow slowed us down Saturday and Sunday but we still managed to cover the areas we had originally planned- Gunnison, Paradise Divide, Pearl Pass and Leadville. (Pearl was quite an adventure) With all the snow in the high country, Iím wondering what will be passable Wednesday to Friday in the high-country between Leadville and Salida?

Quick Draw and Tom, thanks for offering indoor accommodations and trail guiding; most generous of you. The thought of a solid roof over my head and good company is worth a lot. Floor space is all I need.

Just let me know a time and a place.

Cheers

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 03:15 PM
Lol...sounds like Tom's place might be best for the after-run festivities... I wouldn't want y'all to be hung over for the trail run...

Tacoma_Tom
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Yeah but I'm getting up at 5:30am for work on Sunday so you'll all have to get real quiet or camp outside so I can get some sleep:xzzz:.LOL

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Alright, bring the booze with you, then we'll hang out at the cabin afterwards.

ike
09-22-2009, 10:36 PM
What time and where are we meeting for this run?

Lysmachia
09-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Troy and I cannot leave for this till 5:00 PM friday. What about you Ike? We could plan to just meet in the morning.

ike
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I work till 5am saturday morning, so it is going to be a game day decision on my part. just wondering where/when you are meeting up so i can make my decision on how i feel after work in the am.

Lysmachia
09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
How about we plan to meet at Kyle (QuickDraw's) cabin at either 10am or 11:00 Sat? What time looks good for folks?

If you are a game day decider Ike, then Troy and I will head up Friday night to join whomever at Kyl'es place??

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
The cabin is a good place to meet. Just follow the road to Mosquito Pass. I'm the mint green cabin on the right about 2.5 miles in. Lets meet there at say...11am?

ike
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Works for me, i will likely head up right after work with a supply of red bull and pass out in my truck until someone wakes me up.

Lysmachia
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
11:00 am at the mint green cabin for the run! (Sat morning)

Who can Meet Troy and I Friday night?

ike
09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Slow guy could probably make it :)

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 11:17 PM
11:00 am at the mint green cabin for the run! (Sat morning)

Who can Meet Troy and I Friday night?

Depends on where you're staying....sounds like it might be Tom's, but if not, let me know. I'm going to be staying at the cabin Friday night, and anyone else is welcome to also. But it sounds like the pre-trail run festivities are happening there.

00regcab
09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Slow guy could probably make it :)

We need that slow guy back! we now have a family of slow guys going on :o

I'm still on the fence with this. I can't say i really WANT to go (no money for spare CV's right now, and currently do not have spare CV's) due to possible breakage.

We will see how i feel friday though.

Quick Draw
09-22-2009, 11:50 PM
We need that slow guy back! we now have a family of slow guys going on :o

I'm still on the fence with this. I can't say i really WANT to go (no money for spare CV's right now, and currently do not have spare CV's) due to possible breakage.

We will see how i feel friday though.

I know this might be a lot to ask...but don't do anything crazy and stupid, and I guarantee you won't break.

ike
09-23-2009, 12:01 AM
that is not exactly garunteed. i have seen him break cvs on 2" rocks before.

Tacoma_Tom
09-23-2009, 08:51 AM
right on - Sat. 11 am, skeeter pass, mint green.

RedRunnertc
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM
If we're not meeting til 11, we'll probably drive down Saturday morning then.

Quick Draw
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
That's fine. I may end up doing the same... I won't get out of Ft. Collins until 4. Then after that, I still have to go to Arvada, load my wheeling stuff, and take off in Doris. So I may not leave Denver until 6 at the earliest... So it may be better for me to head up in the morning too.

00regcab
09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
that is not exactly garunteed. i have seen him break cvs on 2" rocks before.

Exactly.

It just boils down to, i do not trust my truck to not break anymore (after this year). And due to lack of spare parts, i'm not even going to risk it.

ike
09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
probably the best course of action until you source some more spare parts.

Tacoma_Tom
09-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm going to check out Wheeler either tonight or Friday morning to check out trail conditions. I'll post as soon as I get back. I can see Hoosier Pass from my house and it looks like it's snowing over there right now. I think it snowed yesterday as well. However it doesn't look to be snowing all that hard (1" at best each time). My sliders came in yesterday and if I had a proper welder I'd be installing them right now and joining you guys in "Putsy". Still looks like I'll be on the Yamaha instead.

Lysmachia
09-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Tom is there snow on the ground in fairplay?

Quick Draw
09-24-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm sure there is... I'm really not too worried about the snow :dunno: Like I said, one way or another, WE WILL WHEEL.... :D

Lysmachia
09-24-2009, 06:06 PM
True Dat!

So Sat night - I have a bunch of frozen brauts.... Who has a grill up there? These need to be eaten. I am maxed to the max with freezer space and I am tired of having over 100 braugts in there. What if we had dinner on Sat at Toms place so we can see his rig and sliders, and meet his new Wife, and then take the rest of the party back to Quick Draw's (since Tom has to get up early Sunday).

If that works I will bring brauts for the gang and we might need to pick up some more buns and stuff.

Quick Draw
09-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh, quick question: Are any of you planning on staying at the cabin Saturday night? I wasn't clear on that...

Lysmachia
09-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes Troy and I are in for sat night. Who else?

Jade
09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes Troy and I are in for sat night. Who else?Yes, flat spot with my name on it por favor.:xzzz:

Tacoma_Tom
09-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Nope, no snow on the ground in Fairplay. There's been frost in the mornings.

I've got a Weber grille that I'm still trying to figure out how to use properly and my neighbor's got a propane grill I could borrow.

Let me kow how many I can expect over on Sat. Thanks

Quick Draw
09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
The cabin also has a propane grill.

Lysmachia
09-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Well then,

Tom it is up to you if you want us all to come back to your house for Dinner. If not then we can just do it at Kyle's Cabin. Either way I will bring Brauts and Buns and stuff. Someone grab some chips. And Tom I think you said you had some leftover happy drinks :D

Quick Draw
09-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Doris might not make it. We'll have to see... Although my hopes are down from wrestling with stupid shit for hours and not really getting anywhere. I'm working on rolling her out of the garage right now so that I can go back to Ft. Collins at some point before 10 tomorrow. As I said, in the event that Doris isn't onboard, I'm still going.

DIRTCO
09-25-2009, 12:07 AM
What time are you guy's going to meet at the trailhead?

There is going to be snow up there up, unless it melts off or if Placer Valley didn't get as much snow as Summit. These pictures are from tonight, around Montezuma.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/dirtco/Snow%20Wheeling/P1020715.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff278/dirtco/Snow%20Wheeling/P1020725.jpg

Tacoma_Tom
09-25-2009, 01:12 AM
Sure I'd like to have y'all over for dinner. Brauts sound good. Yes I've got happy drinks that need a home:D. I'll be sure to hide the private stock:rolleyes:! I'm also going to try to post a pic of the trail tomorrow. It'll probably be a thumbnail since I haven't figured out how to post larger ones yet.:banghead:

Quick Draw
09-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Okay, I think Doris is out for the wheeling season. By the time I get it done, it will be snow wheeling season, and Doris is not setup to snow wheel in any way. There are just too many things to do before I'm really truly comfortable taking her out on the trail, much less the highway again. I just noticed that my drag link is pretty bent, and likely got tagged in the wreck. And my TRE's are kinda screwed too. Then there's the whole thing where I still have a huge hole cut in the tranny tunnel... And many others... I'm so frustrated...

And more bad news: I have to be home early Sunday to take my cousin to the airport, because I told him I would 2 weeks ago, then forgot about it, and he can't find anybody else to do it. So I really really hate to do this...but can we make this a 1 day event?

Also, does anybody possibly have room for 2 in a rig? Sounds like its too damn cold and snowy for a bike. And I was planning on bringing my girl along.

Jade
09-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Update: My buddy says that there's 2" of snow on the ground this AM in Park City.

He is going to try to catch up with us later in the day.

I have one seat available in my truck.

My buddy says "Oh yeah, I know those guys!" in the mint green cabin.

11am @ The Mint Green Cabin in Park City.

The sun is suppose to be out today and Sat. so some of any snow will melt. I will call my buddy the lives in Park City and find out how much snow might actually be on the ground there.

....And I told my buddy that I'd have a seat for him if he was able to attend, but I do know that he has some family plans in the morning etc. and I don't know if he'd ride his dirtbike or what.....I'll talk to him this morning and find out what I can from him about any snow and seat availability.

Quick Draw
09-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Yep, I got an update from my grandparents this morning saying the same thing. LOL...that's funny. You'll have to point out which place it is.

Lysmachia
09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Uh, if we are all doing dinner Troy and I will need a place to stay Sat night. I guess we can work out details when we all get up there.

Troy and I might be able to take 1 more if we can unload some stuff at your cabin for the day Kyle.

Again actual trail time is 11:00 meeting at Kyle's mint green cabin.

ike
09-25-2009, 02:45 PM
I am now going to miss this one:mad:

Gotta get some financial things done and will need to be at the bank so i wont be able to get out of the fort till 10.

have a great trip and dont break everyones shit this time!

Tacoma_Tom
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Just got back from the trail. Generally speaking there's no real snow to be concerned with until you get to near the end of the trail. Then there might be a 8" drift or so. Again nothing to be too concerned with. I got my Quad stuck at the top but got it back out in a jiffy. I think I got stuck only because I need new tires on it. It looks to be a slippery ride. I've attached some pictures. Sorry no pictures of the top, you've got to earn that:flipoff3:! See you all tomorrow!

-Molly PM-

Lysmachia
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Awesome. I am still bringing Dinner fixins' And Tom said he had floor space if Kyle didn;t work out (Though I have asked Kyle to call me about options) I think it is just myself, Troy Jade and possibly Vermejo that need floor space. If anything we can always go to the houck cabin saturday night but that might mean skipping dinner if that is the case. We'll just work it out Sat morning.

Quick Draw
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Lol sorry Molly. You're waiting on my phone call, while I'm waiting on my cousins phone call, who is waiting on his friends phone call. But last I checked this lead sounded promising... I will call you as soon as I know ;)

Tacoma_Tom
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Sure has been sunny today! and a warm 65f. :kewl:

Quick Draw
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Alright! Got it figured out. The cabin is open Saturday night.

And a good weather report! Things are looking up!

Quick Draw
09-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Weather.com says the forecast in Alma tomorrow is sunny with a high of 62! Doesn't get much better than that!

Jade
09-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Sig change...

I'm bringing some random food.

Lysmachia
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
LMAO Good one Jade.

So I will have brauts and fixings for them for all of us tomorrow night. I will also have plenty of cheese, cured salami and crackers for snack/lunch.

Is there a place to eat breakfast sunday morning in Fairplay? I thought I saw a couple of cute coffee shops/cafe's for whatever sunday morning.

Jade
09-25-2009, 07:33 PM
There used to be a place in Alma. It was pretty popular though and difficult to find an open chair. I don't think I've ever stopped in Fairplay.....

Tacoma_Tom
09-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I forgot to mention, bring some winter boots if you plan on walking around @ wheeler lake. Sneakers will not do in the snow up there.