: Propane

Taco Eric
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
How are you guys mounting Propane tanks? I'm having a hard time figuring how I want to mount mine. My latest and greatest idea (besides buying something premade) is a metal strap around it attached to my bed box with some sort of clamp holding it down. :dunno:

Switch
09-18-2009, 12:06 AM
How are you guys mounting Propane tanks? I'm having a hard time figuring how I want to mount mine. My latest and greatest idea (besides buying something premade) is a metal strap around it attached to my bed box with some sort of clamp holding it down. :dunno:

The typical BBQ propane tank is 20 lb. Unless you are going to camp for weeks on end this is more propane than you need.

I use a 5 lb tank with two 1 lb propane cans for backup. It is so small that I don't really worry about how to store it.

Also, don't do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7RNYw11XHM

Taco Eric
09-19-2009, 08:00 PM
The typical BBQ propane tank is 20 lb. Unless you are going to camp for weeks on end this is more propane than you need.

I use a 5 lb tank with two 1 lb propane cans for backup. It is so small that I don't really worry about how to store it.

Also, don't do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7RNYw11XHM

Well, I camp once a month every month 12 months out of the year. Sooo, the 20lb tanks work great for me. I already use a tank, and I just wanted to see how people are mounting theirs if they use them. Right now I just use a ratchet strap and I know that isn't safe. I also bring 1lb back ups.
Hopefully that explosion in the video never happens to me. :)

NorcalPR
09-19-2009, 11:17 PM
What if you make something similar to the forklift tank hold downs, jsut bend some out of metal?

I could probably fab something for you if push comes to shove. I have a roller at work that would make it quite easy ;)

Taco Eric
09-20-2009, 12:11 AM
What if you make something similar to the forklift tank hold downs, jsut bend some out of metal?

I could probably fab something for you if push comes to shove. I have a roller at work that would make it quite easy ;)

Hrmm.. Lemme see what either I come up with (which I'm not good a fab work) or what I can buy. I might take you up on this offer. What do you think you would charge for something like that?

NorcalPR
09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I duno, maybe round 80 bucks?