: Browns Camp

Brodowicz
10-21-2009, 03:09 AM
I've got a 2000 Tacoma Prerunner 3.4L V6 with TRD, and since I'm 2wd, I was curious if you think I'd be able to handle Browns Camp. I know my truck very well and I have the necessary recovery gear if I get into a situation where I'll need it. A buddy of mine (in a jeep) is coming with, but I'm hoping we won't need to use his new winch. Mostly I'm just wondering if anyone with 2wd has gone there and what their experience was. Also do you have any tips for me? (besides the 4wd conversion...I know, I know...I'm saving up)
Thanks! I appreciate any help.

-Dave

huckster09
10-21-2009, 02:00 PM
have your tow strap pre attached, but you already knew that. for the most part it depends on the weather. if its dry you will have some fun on the more technical trails, but if its raining. i would Definately stay to relatively flat ground. its slick as hell when wet.

Brodowicz
10-21-2009, 04:23 PM
have your tow strap pre attached, but you already knew that. for the most part it depends on the weather. if its dry you will have some fun on the more technical trails, but if its raining. i would Definately stay to relatively flat ground. its slick as hell when wet.

Thanks. It kind of sucks that I have to wait a while before I start my conversion (being a college student is not helping with money at all, let me tell ya.) I'd still like to get out there and mess around. Not having been to Browns Camp before, are there trails that I could go on? (assuming it's dry) or is there some other park/site that you can recommend for me?

pdxtaco
10-21-2009, 04:38 PM
just get a map and stay on the 'green' trails. There's a decent amount of easy trails out there. Most likely by now, its all wet and slick

Brodowicz
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
just get a map and stay on the 'green' trails. There's a decent amount of easy trails out there. Most likely by now, its all wet and slick

call me an idiot, but is there any chance I could still handle those green trails even if they are wet? or did you mean that I'm just s.o.l.
...I hope not.

OR97taco
10-22-2009, 09:12 AM
You should be able to handle the green trails. Having a rear locker will help a lot.

huckster09
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah stay on green trials and you will have some fun, just being out there. i feel ya. im at osu right now, money is hard to come by. thats just more incentive to be creative.

ocdropzone
10-22-2009, 09:14 PM
just don't wheel alone. go prepared...straps etc...

Brodowicz
10-24-2009, 03:56 AM
yeah stay on green trials and you will have some fun, just being out there. i feel ya. im at osu right now, money is hard to come by. thats just more incentive to be creative.

Small world, I'll be heading down to OSU next week Thursday-Sunday, and the same days the week after that (the week of Halloween). I'd love to go check out your rig if you're around...ya know, get some ideas here and there. Let me know. I appreciate the help too.

huckster09
10-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Small world, I'll be heading down to OSU next week Thursday-Sunday, and the same days the week after that (the week of Halloween). I'd love to go check out your rig if you're around...ya know, get some ideas here and there. Let me know. I appreciate the help too.

my truck in specific isnt down here, but bobs is..... we have very simaler rigs. if its ok with bob. are you coming down for the game?

Bobert
10-26-2009, 12:22 AM
my truck in specific isnt down here, but bobs is..... we have very simaler rigs. if its ok with bob. are you coming down for the game?
Yeah, it would be fine with me. I take off for home Friday afternoon, so as long as Brodowicz can get down here before then.

Got one of the ammo cans installed in the bed. Works pretty darn good and a whole hell of a lot cheaper than a Tuffy lock box.

Brodowicz
10-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, it would be fine with me. I take off for home Friday afternoon, so as long as Brodowicz can get down here before then.

Got one of the ammo cans installed in the bed. Works pretty darn good and a whole hell of a lot cheaper than a Tuffy lock box.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing when I arrive in Corvallis. I'm going down there to meet a buddy of mine and hang out a little. If you are close to campus, or you have directions from campus (even an adress, go ahead and PM me). I don't know what my schedule is looking like but if it doesn't work out this weekend, I'll be down there the weekend after Halloween too.

Elton
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
since your in corvallis drive on over we go make a run up in the woods for fun its about a hour or so drive :D

Brodowicz
10-26-2009, 05:23 PM
since your in corvallis drive on over we go make a run up in the woods for fun its about a hour or so drive :D

Read post #10.

I'm not in Corvallis yet. Thursday-Sunday. But there's no way I'm going an hour out of my way to where ever you are just to go into the woods, man. I wont even be using my truck, I'm going down there with another friend.

Elton
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
ahh its ok every oregon memeber is to far away as it is

Bobert
10-26-2009, 11:32 PM
ahh its ok every oregon memeber is to far away as it is

If you know some areas to go wheelin I might just head out there some weekend when I don't head home from OSU.

huckster09
10-27-2009, 01:29 AM
dibs on somebodys co-pilot!

Elton
10-28-2009, 12:19 AM
lol whats your definition on wheeling its nothing like brows camp

Brodowicz
10-28-2009, 02:06 AM
lol whats your definition on wheeling its nothing like brows camp

Just lightly offroading. Looking to have some fun with my rig without going crazy. Being a student, I don't have money for serious mods to it right . So I'd just like to tool around there for a few days.

Elton
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
ahh i c yea that's what i mean by drive around in the woods some pretty views around here

Chickenmunga
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Just lightly offroading. Looking to have some fun with my rig without going crazy. Being a student, I don't have money for serious mods to it right . So I'd just like to tool around there for a few days.

I'm still planning mods and like taking it easy anyway. If you're ever looking for something to do, hit me up. The two places I'd recommend for you off the top of my head is Barlow Toll Road near Government Camp, or some of the logging roads around Gates. Of course, snow might mean you have to hold off :p