: Fair price for Dunlop AT20's?

Dobish
11-30-2009, 09:11 AM
I found a set of 4 for $100, and they only have 5000 miles on them. I was thinkng about picking them up for spares but wasn't sure. They are the same tire i have on my truck right now and I haven't really noticed that they are that bad yet. I know a lot of people don't really like that tire, but for the price, should i do it?

colorado125
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I found a set of 4 for $100, and they only have 5000 miles on them. I was thinkng about picking them up for spares but wasn't sure. They are the same tire i have on my truck right now and I haven't really noticed that they are that bad yet. I know a lot of people don't really like that tire, but for the price, should i do it?

No experience with that tire, but thats really not a bad price, especially for spares. For $25 a piece I'd do it. Even to run them normally that's a heck of a deal for tires. I'd say even a POS set of tires would run you at least 75 a tire.

acidchylde
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Those tires run about $120 each new. I'm currently asking $200-$250 for my set of five with 17k on the four main, but then I may be asking too much. I've also had someone offer me $150 for the four mains.

Despite all the bad reviews of them, particularly in wet or snow conditions, I've never had a problem with mine even under some pretty severe conditions. After 17k they've only lost about 3/32 of tread and still have 8+ left. I will mention that the last guy to come look at them said the reviews he read had them start wearing a lot faster at around 20k or something, and their warranty is only 40k. He was looking at reviews of them on last gen Tundras though.

I guess if you've got the storage space and/or drive a lot of miles, it's a good deal and go for it. But if you don't need them right now or soon... well, they are stock. They may not come up at that price very often, but they'll probably always be available.