: Should I be worried about this?

Sucka
12-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Just noticed this today, apparently my passenger side coil rubs on my frame. I've had this setup since April with no problems, i don't hear any clanking or rubbing or anything abnormal. No big deal...or??

thefatkid
12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't see any rub marks. Must not be that bad.

Sucka
12-04-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't see any rub marks. Must not be that bad.

Cool, I won't worry about it then.

Thanks.

ShowStop
12-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I see the clean mark on the coil that I assume you made, but not any other marks. In theory, with the way the swing radius of the LCA works, the only time you could possibly make contact would be at full droop. So jack up that side and see how close it gets. I doubt it will be much closer then it is in that pic.

Sucka
12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I see the clean mark on the coil that I assume you made, but not any other marks. In theory, with the way the swing radius of the LCA works, the only time you could possibly make contact would be at full droop. So jack up that side and see how close it gets. I doubt it will be much closer then it is in that pic.

No, that clean mark was the reason i asked. That's mag chloride all over the components and a clean mark on both the coil and frame was what made me ask the question. I drove this afternoon through all kinds of melting snow that would completely cover that area and it's perfectly clean which is why i know it at least hits it.

00regcab
12-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Woah, hold on now... who's this guy? :D

Sucka
12-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Woah, hold on now... who's this guy? :D

I've been, uh, busy :p

thefatkid
12-04-2009, 11:02 PM
That clean mark could have been caused by a piece of snow or ice stuck between the coil and frame. If there was chipping or gouging of the powder coating on the spring I would be worried.

ike
12-05-2009, 06:23 AM
i wouldnt worry about it.

minerdude1
12-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah you would definitely know if it was hitting. My buddy has an 02 Tacoma with a procomp drop bracket lift on it and King coilovers and his does hit. You would be able to clearly see it on the coilover cause paint goes a missin!