: Sold a car, SAS onward!!

Tacominator
12-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone, I haven't done much yet, but expect progress very soon!

96Toy
12-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Nice frame building im a welder my self good fabrication i hope to fined a wreck tacoma and make a rig like that.

surlynkid
12-24-2004, 08:30 AM
wow - nice frame.

oztaco
01-02-2005, 11:24 PM

really good fab. man, show us more pics!!!
Oz.

beat taco
01-04-2005, 12:11 AM
i couldnt get that frame out of my head today while i was working, damn i wish i could do that!!!

zszac111
01-04-2005, 09:21 AM
i couldnt get that frame out of my head today while i was working, damn i wish i could do that!!!

you can, just go buy some steel and start measuring, then cutting, then start welding :welder:

O and for the guy building the truck, looks great and good luck with the rest of it :D

cb77DEMELLO
01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Have you had a chance to drive it? How is it? I love the frame! I wish I had the time to do that!

Tacominator
01-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the support guys! Sorry for the late reply, but I have been working on the truck like gangbusters. I finally drove it a couple of times, the first time on the street I didn't have my steering stabilizer and I got the death wobble that sent me off the road! I almost crashed and that was not cool. It was downright scary to drive at speeds below the wobble due to crazy bad bump steer. I recently learned that my drag link and track bar need to be at the same angles (duh). I fixed that for the most part and put on an OME stabilizer and it drives great now! Except for minor wandering that feels like it's coming from the back- probably the all pro jonny joints. I don't know if I'll keep them yet or not. I'll update the site by this weekend, promise- with lots more pics! I am having a hell of a time with the brakes, I posted a question in the tech section, if you have time please help. I am getting so close to being inspected and street legal it's too exciting at times. I have never done so much work to a vehicle and then driven it 7 months later, it was pretty crazy!

rokbrkr
01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Looks good!!!.....nice job!!!! :welder:

JRD
01-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Looks awesome, keep them photos commin! By the way how does it handle with the shorter wheel base?

Tacominator
01-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks again for the support- I should have lots more pics in a couple of weeks or so once I take it out for its first test run! The wheelbase is 107" which is still a bit longer than a shortbed, I believe. It seems to drive very nicely though! It was really nice being able to comfortably ditch the 2 piece drive shaft.
Jake