TTORA Forum banner

FJ55 with 4.7 swap

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  EndersTaco 
#1 ·
Check out the pics of this Iron Pig. Bad ass swap. No bastardized Chevota here folks, just real Japanese muscle ;)

http://www.4wdlow.com/fj55/

Motor and drivers side drop t-case out of 2001 UZJ100 series Land Cruiser.

#4 ·
I love those Iron Pigs - I came within inches of buying one a few years ago. They are solid as a rock and would purr with an engine like that.

#5 ·
sgirt said:
Love that build. I have always liked the FJ55. Would be nice to do a 5 speed with that engine. So the 4.7's transfer case have a pass side drop?
The Land Cruiser does and the Tundra does not. Don't know of any 5spds that work with the 4.7 but the 4.0 Lexus V8 had a 5spd option.

#6 ·
AK98Taco said:
Wow, now what looks like a $500 Cruiser has probably $5,000 worth of engine in it. :)

You do know that the 4.7 is built in Alabama, don't you?
He picked up the drivetrain parts cheap, leftover from a stolen and stripped vehicle. I've seen complete low mileage 4.7 motors on ebay for $1500. I think you could find the parts cheap if you were willing to wait and keep looking.

I'm glad Toyota is building so much of their stuff here in North America now, makes me feel even better about spending my money on Toyota's.

Did you know the "hemi" is built in Mexico? :eek:

#7 ·
calamaridog said:
He picked up the drivetrain parts cheap, leftover from a stolen and stripped vehicle. I've seen complete low mileage 4.7 motors on ebay for $1500. I think you could find the parts cheap if you were willing to wait and keep looking.

I'm glad Toyota is building so much of their stuff here in North America now, makes me feel even better about spending my money on Toyota's.

Did you know the "hemi" is built in Mexico? :eek:
Damn, that's a good deal. My Tacoma buddy in Wyoming found a Tundra 4.7 with tranny and ECU for $1,500 at a local salvage yard. Damn nice swap for a Taco.

If time and money had been on my side with my recently blown engine, I would have chosen to swap in a 4.7 and Tundra auto. Too bad it wouldn't be IM legal for the city I live in.

I'm not surprised about the Dog's motor being built in Mexico. If the "Big" Three built all of their stuff here, they couldn't afford to sell it for what they do.

#13 ·
I have heard that the 6-spd in the 05 taco has the same bolt pattern as the auto tranny for the 4Runner. I have also heard that the 4Runner uses same tranny for both engines, so shouldnt the 6spd out of a taco bolt up to the V8? Not to mention pre 05 V8's had the same hp ratings but some more torque than the 05 V6......

Worth looking into.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.