TTORA Forum banner

Landcruiser and Sequoia??

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  calamaridog 
#1 ·
Just a thought... lumping the LC and Sequoia together is kind of a odd, if anything the Sequoia should be with the Tundra since they share a lot of the same components.

Call me biased because I have a LC but I don't think this makes a lot of sense.

BTW congrats on the new board, it looks awesome!

Later,
Sam

:xbeer3:

#3 ·
Why a Land Cruiser forum here???

That's what Ih8mud.com is for....

Just a thought. And I own a Land Cruiser -- have had several actually.

Jody

#5 ·
I agree... kinda funny how it its for all Toyota's... but still called Tacoma Territory... Then again.. I guess we cant forget where it all started from...

I dunno... but I like the change...

#6 ·
Didn't know that Chris. My local Land Cruiser club the GCC, Green Country Cruisers, a TLCA chapter is open to any Toyota 4x4 like the TTORA. We didn't change our name since 99% are 'Cruisers. 1 4Runner, a minitruck, etc. I'm not sure if the whole of the TLCA isn't "any Toyota 4x4". I think that's up to each chapter to decide.

I was just thinking out loud and since I'm a long time member of Ih8mud.com for my 'Cruisers that a LC forum here would be redundant since there is SOOOO much information at 'mud. I don't care one way or the other. I have both, LC and Taco. Toyota to the bone.

Jody.

#7 ·
97 FZJ80 said:
Just a thought... lumping the LC and Sequoia together is kind of a odd, if anything the Sequoia should be with the Tundra since they share a lot of the same components.

Call me biased because I have a LC but I don't think this makes a lot of sense.

BTW congrats on the new board, it looks awesome!

Later,
Sam

:xbeer3:
Good idea, The Sequoia is built at the same plant, on the same chassis, a powered by the same engine and transmission. Problem is, the Sequoia is a SUV I guess.

#10 ·
BornOnFire said:
Good idea, The Sequoia is built at the same plant, on the same chassis, a powered by the same engine and transmission. Problem is, the Sequoia is a SUV I guess.
I don't know about the chasis or the tranny, and that only pretains to the UZJ100 series. The 80 series down have nothing in common with Seqouias, they have about as much in common as the Matrix and the Tacoma do.

#11 ·
He was referring to the Tundra and Sequoia being made on the same assembly line. I was confused for a second too. The LC has it's own plant in Japan. All Land Cruisers are imported from Japan.

Jody.

#12 ·
Hey Critter!! I peruse the 80s section just to see what's up since I used to own one. I mostly check out the 40 & 60s, for sale, chit chat, etc. Okay, I pretty much check out everything when I'm there, which is all day during the week. I do the same here now on TTORA.

I'm forum addicted. You should use Critter on TTORA too. Keep it consistent and people will know you wherever you go. See you around...

Jody.

Jody.

#13 ·
Outback said:
Didn't know that Chris. My local Land Cruiser club the GCC, Green Country Cruisers, a TLCA chapter is open to any Toyota 4x4 like the TTORA. We didn't change our name since 99% are 'Cruisers. 1 4Runner, a minitruck, etc. I'm not sure if the whole of the TLCA isn't "any Toyota 4x4". I think that's up to each chapter to decide.

I was just thinking out loud and since I'm a long time member of Ih8mud.com for my 'Cruisers that a LC forum here would be redundant since there is SOOOO much information at 'mud. I don't care one way or the other. I have both, LC and Taco. Toyota to the bone.

Jody.
Yeah, most clubs have gentrified from thier origins to try & lure more users, thus luring more sponsorship $$.

As far as TLCA goes, they are now open to all as you said. And technicallly, a TLCA club would have a hard time refusing someone who was eligble to become (or already was) a TLCA member. But you know as I do there's a fair amount of xenophobic snobs in TLCA, and you're right- local chapters have a lot of leeway/autonomy in selection. I think this is one reason TLCA stagnated for so long- you'd get a club of 30 or so uppity types who viewed it as thier private country club.

One of the reasons TTR came into existence- for every one LSLC member who wanted us to join with them, there were two manicured Highland Park doctors/lawyers/soccer dads who "wheel" (read:camp out to drink without the wife's nagging) once a year and worry about which portable satellite dish or camping potty/shower will be thier next 'off-road' mod. Those guys that don't like us are really just jealous that they can't let themselves go...

That being said, TTR is proud to be the red-headed stepchild/retarded cousin of TLCA! We remind them of what they could do if they wanted....

#17 ·
Outback said:
Why a Land Cruiser forum here???

That's what Ih8mud.com is for....

Just a thought. And I own a Land Cruiser -- have had several actually.

Jody
The Land Cruiser forum is a great idea. I love having several forums to check out vs. just one. I spend most of my web wheeling at TTORA but look elsewhere as well.

TTORA is branching out and embracing other offroad Toyota trucks and SUV's.

And yes, Ih8mud is awesome...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.