: Need brackets

Cpt Prozak
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I will pay for material and for your time if i can get some one to weld up some CBI style brackets for my sliders

simple4runner
02-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Do you have a picture? If you know exactly what you want I MAY be able to help you at my shop on a sat or sun. You would be expected to do whatever you could to help though, otherwise it's $280. LOL.

Cpt Prozak
02-27-2010, 10:33 PM
ya i could do most i just know how to MIG yet

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/cbi-off-road-fab/50436-labor-day-slider-bracket-sale.html

this is what i was looking at minus the self tappers in the frame. no :saw: or :welder: on my frame

simple4runner
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
So are you buying this kit and just need help installing or do you want to make it from scratch and get help installing? Their price for the hardware and brackets seems reasonable to me.

Cpt Prozak
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
i was thinking making them from scratch but i might as well buy them premade. less hassel but i need to wait for my next paycheck.

99TanTaco
02-28-2010, 04:40 PM
by the time you buy bar, tube & fasteners you'd prob have spent $70-80
depending on what equip is available (brake for example) you'd have anywhere from 2-4hrs building them I'd guess

I think you'd be farther ahead by buying the CBI brackets:2cents:

but due to the width you may need to cut the feet I welded on back off:confused: and I would highly recommend bolting the brackets to the truck first then welding the sliders to them, this will compensate for me & Joe's less than precise cuts

I know those feet aren't perfectly square and flush but at the time I welded them up I was under the impression we were welding them on and just got them close figuring I could fill the couple of gaps I had

simple4runner
02-28-2010, 05:50 PM
So the scope of the project is really just welding the sliders to the brackets that you (Dave) will already have bolted on. Is that correct?

Full_Tilt_Fud
02-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Just weld them on and be done. I did the whole bolt on thing and it aint worth it. After u beat on them for awhile u will never be able to get them off and back on anyhow.

Cpt Prozak
02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
So the scope of the project is really just welding the sliders to the brackets that you (Dave) will already have bolted on. Is that correct?

indeed. i m going to print off some pictures of the CBI bracket kit and take them to my schools welding director and he will cut basicly the same kit as part of a class lesson. i will have to weld them up myself so the alignment is right

pittim
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
You might be able to use rectangular tubing. Measure the frame and see if you can get anything with an ID that would be snug with the OD of the frame. the long side doesn't matter since you need to have an opening anyway.