: I hate vandals and theives!

Bear
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
So what is the most bizarre or unique item you ever had stolen?

I noticed just before the harlan trip someone had stolen the "taco" badge off the drivers side door of my truck.

when I say "taco" I really mean taco. I had modified my badging to read taco instead of tacoma and some punk decided they wanted it!

now I could understand if I was in Texas where I would be closer to Mexico, but in Indy? LOL

recently had the house egged due to jealous kids that go to school with my kids (caught them, and that was funny) and had some stereo equipment stolen out of the taco since moving up here! Getting tired of it!:mad:

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I worked at a tire store in highschool........we would put used tires out front that were still useable for people to take.......at first we put free on them because we just wanted them gone.......no body took any of them......about a week later we put a sign on the that said 5$ each........they all disappeared but none were ever payed for LOL

Apparently people thought that since they were free they were not worth picking up but when they were worth 5$ to us they were worth steeling to everybody else:rolleyes:

NEV2DEP
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
My mailbox was stolen off the front porch back when scrap was $

Bear
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
I know there is a joke in there somewhere, but I can't see it right now! :lmao:

Full_Tilt_Fud
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
I know there is a joke in there somewhere, but I can't see it right now! :lmao:

no joke anywhere........they really stole his mailbox off his front porch:eek:

ron86toy
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
golf clubs off the back of the cart while I was in the clubhouse at the turn....little bastard walked off with about 2500 in equipment

Bear
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
just meant that there should be a good one liner that goes with the situation. theft or destruction of any property is no joke

redbirdrunner
04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
After I left my old house but before bank repo, somebody broke in and stole the woodstoves. Still wonder how many it took to carry them

Bear
04-11-2010, 11:59 PM
That sucks! If I would have known about them, it may have been worth making the drive! :lmao: J/k

But really if they were built as the one I got from Ron, Two people could have carried them away. Ours comes apart in pieces, with the "belly" of the stove actually just sits on top of the base.

SAR_Squid79
04-12-2010, 12:20 AM
When I was a kid I loved watching reruns of the old 1960's show 'Combat'. I played army all the time - the vast majority of my childhood was spent playing war. I would always play like I was Sgt. Saunders...

...Well my dad built me this AWESOME Thompson submachine gun. It was basically a pretty accurate 1:1 replica that my dad made by measuring my uncle's REAL Tommy Gun. It was mostly steel, with the stock and foregrip hand carved by my dad out of oak wood. From 10 feet away you would swear that it was a real gun. It was my favorite toy gun EVER when I was a kid. It brought me home safely from many daunting and dangerous missions behind enemy lines. I looked forward to passing it on to my own son one day...

...well - obviously by the time I was a teenager, I wasn't playing Army too much any more, and my trusty Thomspon was retired to the storage room on the back of our house.

Our roof was damaged during Hurricane Fran my senior year of High School, and the guy my mom hired to fix our roof left that storage room unlocked. My Thompson was stolen, and never recovered. I am still very saddened by that theft to this day.

http://drewsarmygear.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Thompson.118192019_std.jpg

Bear
04-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Now that really sucks! I remember when I was a kid, maybve 5 or 6 years old, we had our tv stolen New years eve (of all nights) The loss was a bitch but nothing we couldn't get over.

Flash forward to adult hood. Living in S.A I lived in a decent area after college, definitely not the worst part of town. But in that garage apartment I was victimized twice. My (at the time) prize mustang was stolen out from driveway and another time I had camera's and my highschool class ring stolen. out of all the items you can imagine the class ring was the one item I was the most upset about, even though I did not wear it anymore. Something I wanted to pass along one day also.

I recently finished buildig a chest/trunk to hold all the WII accessories, because my wife remembered the trunk I built my sister while I was in school and she wanted one "like hers". Without trying, I guess I built one of those "family hairlooms". According to my wife,my two daughters were fighting over who was going to "get it" once my wife and I are dead and buried. :lmao:

NwiTACO
04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Besides my tools getting stolen from my trucj last year, I've been pretty fortunate. Nothing I couldnt replace, though. Still sucks some people dont feel they need to work to have nice things...kinda the whole problem with this country...

Bear
04-13-2010, 10:13 AM
thats just one breed of thug/criminal (you fill in your own adjective here) There are some people out there that their momma and poppa never taught them right nor wrong.

Thats why I used to always say "other peoples children..." when I saw someone doing something wrong or stupid!

then you also have the dumbasses (again interject your own tag here) that are just too stupid to know how to get things properly or get strung out on drugs and are desperate.

I am not making excuses or condoning any of these actions. just stating the obvious! After all I was the one that started the thread.

when starting the thread, I was curious about the more obscure items stolen. the car stereo or tools are somewhat common targets, but like Red Bird's woode stoves, that is some "creativity" anyone ever have holiday decorations stolen? what about yard orienments? Stupid stuff like that.

Bear
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
just went out to the garage and noticed that my daughters bike was not in the garage. She has been leaving it behind the taco even though I have been warning her repeatedly about bringing it in at night.

It's gone! guess I don't have to worry about her not listening to me about it any more!:mad: