: Runs Planning

NwiTACO
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Okay guys. Lets start some "advance planning" on some runs. Lets come up with a date for Redbird for sure and possibly Harlan?

Cliffs has a run coming up the last full weekend in July, the 4th annual Toyota Jambo.

Heck even the Badlands for a quick one. Post up dates.

Bear
04-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Cliffs
Harlan
Badlands
Redbird
Haspin acres
Wellsville
Hills and dales (Mi)
Flat nasty
Interlake
Raush creek
Slade Kentucky
SETO.

Give Ron the same amount of time and he will be able to double the amount of places that I named off.

and those are just the places off the top of my head. give me a while and I could probably name off more places within striking distance.

As for dates....Whenever the budget meets the desire. I'll probably thrashing on my junk up until the night before regardless.

slander
04-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I want to go to the badlands soon, like may sometime, i need to wheel!! Other than that im shooting for moab in the fall, and if i cant make it, im thinking of going to SETO again. I recomend hitting up SETO, i went last year and it was a blast, did nothing but crawl rock gardens for 2 days, it was AWESOME!! I would also like to go to fall crawl as well.

Bear
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
I'll let you know when I get my fuel cell in and truck running. Badlands is close enough to me, that I can pretty much meet anyone there with a days notice or so.

NwiTACO
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Cliffs
Harlan
Badlands
Redbird
Haspin acres
Wellsville
Hills and dales (Mi)
Flat nasty
interlake
Raush creek
slade Kentucky
SETO.

Give Ron the same amount of time and he will be able to double the amount of places that I named off.

and those are just the places off the top of my head. give me a while and I could probably name off more places within striking distance.

As for dates....Whenever the budget meets the desire. I'll probably thrashing on my junk up until the night before regardless.

I wasn't looking for a list of places...more so dates of events at places that we may want to consider making club runs. Maybe I was a little ambiguous in my request :D

Have any dates'runs planned for any of the above listed parks?

ron86toy
04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
I always do a run up here over the 4th of july.....it does not even have to be an event....just a club event always works....I would be up for showing people around Drummond Island on a long weekend also, alot of great state trails there plus Turtle Ridge off road park

state trails @ drummond
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_1845.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_1848.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_1833.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_1852.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_1857.jpg

Bear
04-20-2010, 07:14 AM
I wasn't looking for a list of places...

I know! :D jsut stating the obvious, there are quite a few considerations. and as Ron mentioned we also have more options up in Michigan to consider for us avid wheelers!

I will make everything I can, you know that, But to recommend dates I can't do that, my schedule is always so fluid, I could give dates, and then not make them myself. Or I could set my schedule and then not have the funds.

see where I am going with this?

Bear
04-20-2010, 07:16 AM
No promises yet, but I am going to talk to Pam about 4th of July. I would like to go up to hills and dales again and I think I may have the truck running again by then.

I know that park was fun in the snow, so it should be interesting without.

gtrotter
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
As aways guys, I am on call 24/7. I can always do a last minute mark-off for work, and make it. So basically, never count on me being at a run until you actually see it heading down the trail.

NwiTACO
05-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Bump for some actual suggestions...otherwise I will pick a park and a date and start some planning. As stated at Badlands, OH is still interested in a combined runs, so if we pesure that we need to makeit worth the 8 hr drive some would be making...

natetru
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
i am shooting for a run on june 6th. most likely badlands. anyone?

NwiTACO
05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
^^You working saturdays?

natetru
05-07-2010, 01:19 PM
yea its that time of year agai. preparin for the pack season. mostly 6 days till july 4th. after that 7 day work weeks till october

jason6746
05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
i would like to go to haspin somtime this summer

NwiTACO
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM

I was sortof thinking a weekend run to haspin with some camping sometime soon?...

gtrotter
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Well guys, count me out for awhile. I am going to be working almost non-stop. I will be working 12 on 10 off for the foreseeable future because we are so short on guys.

Bear
05-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Yea haspin is do-able but you might want to pick a "dry month" everytime I seem to go, it rains and the least amount of rain fall makes that place slicker than pig snot.
I was sortof thinking a weekend run to haspin with some camping sometime soon?...
you may reconsider that camping bit. it seems that it becomes a drunk fest at night out there on the weekends (even moe than the daylight hours) . two summers ago we had some members meet there afte camping friday night and they reported so much drunk'n night wheeling around their campsite that they could not sleep. we even rescued a full size blazer that was abandoned for the night due to too much booze from that night before.