TTORA Forum banner

Mobil1 Buy 3 get 3 free Coupon - PepBoys

6K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  NorcalPR 
#1 ·
Pepboys has a 2005 Calendar for sale at their registers for $1-
This goes to support M.A.D.D.
more info here http://www.madd.org/aboutus/0,1056,8760,00.html

Inside the calendar is a coupon for Mobil 1 synthetic- valid thru Dec 2005! Buy 3 qts get 3 qts free
Reg price of Mobil 1 at pepboys is $4.99 / qt
so 3x $4.99 + 1.00 = ~$16 plus tax for 6 qts of mobil 1

Calenders are available for sale ($1) at PepBoys as well as on ebay thru Pepboys - however the batches on Ebay sell out quickly as I here people grab up the calendars by the dozen
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3893&item=7117836019

#7 ·
Coupon States Motor Oil

Sorry Coupon states motor oil only
who knows- maybe you can sweet talk the cashier :D

#14 ·
just a Quick FYI I was purchasing a few more cases of oil today and the cashier said they got an email to stop allowing the coupons. She said they made her tear all the coupons out of the calenders they still had left. She gave me some trouble when buying the oil and i had to purchase each case seperate. I don't think they can not accept the coupons, that would be false advertising...right? so just in case you still have any coupons left, you might as well stock up now.

#17 ·
NorcalPR said:
I went there and they said they've never seen a MADD calender. What gives?
Its likely they've sold out- If you go to the first thread- you should find the link describing the calendar

I used my last 4 coupons last week-
I was fortunate to get the cashier to use the Pepboys flyer coupon/ advertised price of $3.99 / qt

So I ended up buying 12 qts of Mobil 1 5w-30 for $3.99 each
and received 12 qts free (after submitting 4 coupons)

Total cost for 24 qts of Mobil 1 synthetic:
47.88 (12 * 3.99)
+4.00 ( 4 * 1.00) calendars
+4.28 (tax)

=$56.16 for 24 qts of Mobil 1 synthetic

#19 ·
The Pep Boys near me still has tons of the calendars on the counter. I was there yesterday to get my buy 3 get 3 free and I ended up paying, you're not going to believe this, $6.80 for all 6 quarts. Let's just say the cashier was having issues......

Marc

#22 ·
BigBro said:
And I'm sure you pointed out the error of her ways, right?
Yes, I most certainly did, I told her I would just take the $6.00 she overcharged me, and put it back on my gift card, and she chose to give me back almost $16.00 cash. I told her twice it was to much money, she said and I quote "Nothing would make me a happier puppy right now than you just taking this money and go buy yourself some socks or something."

#26 ·
Well, they dont have the calenders anymore that have those cupons in it.

They have them on ebay but it's a ripoff. 12 bucks for just 3 cupons. It's a whole sheet that will get thrown away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.