: Meeting: White Tanks and Bradshaw Foothills 5/6/2010

BTooley
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
The AZOHVC has been working to get some documents ready for two projects and am at the point we need to get input from everyone to finish the last stages. So we have set up a meeting in a place that we will have plenty of room if needed. Please respond to let me know if you are going to attend.

I hope no one minds, but with all of our schedules being so crazy we are going to cover both areas in the one night. We will start with an over voew of both places and what our needs are, and then will set aside time for each area to be reviewed on its own.

Also if needed we could offer child care, just need to know if it is needed.

Bradshaw Foothills
In the area between Wickenburg and Table Mesa Road in the Bradshaw Foothills there are a ton of trails. It is one of the next areas that we will be working on with the BLM to log trails and work through the process for a travel management plan. I have maps that have the trails that are known at this time, we need to have everyone that wheels this area make sure our inventory is up to date so that we can get these trails included and as open trails.

Please don't turn this into another discussion on giving up trails. I know the reasons why people don't want to give up some secret trails, I do respect your reasons, but know if they are not on the map, they are not approved and thus looked at by land management as closed and you can get a ticket for being on it. I do feel that with all the Phoenix BLM has done to keep trails open over the last couple years with the new manager we should give them a chance. If you feel you should not I respect your reasons and request that we don't turn this into an argument, feel free to ignore this request.

White Tanks
We need to wrap up a few details on this so we can move forward with getting access of Watson Road.
We need a plan of action that will start with getting a club or clubs to volunteer as an adopt a ranch program. The responsibilities will include traveling along the access road granted and keeping it clean. We will need to give a distance of maybe 20 feet on either side of the access road that we will maintain.
We will take the plan of action to the BLM, get their approval we can use the trails.
We will be looking to have grants cover cost or putting in signs along the road telling people they must stay on the road.
We will also be looking to have grants help with putting down dust suppressant on the access road, which will help the city and get their buy in. If you put in at least 5 miles of suppressant down on roads every year there is something in the law that may get you outof having to pay fines.
I also want to review the trail list I have to ensure we have everything on the list.
I will use the propsal we completed for the previous submission to the City of Buckeye as our starting point.

Please some prepared with maps, suggestions and what you are willing to do to help in these areas.

Place: Apostles Lutheran Church
Time: 6pm - 8pm
Address: 7020 W. Cactus Road, Peoria AZ
Directions: It is West of 67th Ave on the North Side of Cactus. It is in the Family Life Center (Gym) which is in the North West portion of the campus.

BTooley
05-03-2010, 09:08 PM
If you are going to be in attendance please post here. We could really use your input on this! Thanks

TBob
06-08-2010, 05:04 PM
good luck- interested to hear how this turns out.

Symon623
06-08-2010, 05:57 PM
According to the date the meeting was last month so WTF?

Kaistie
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
:doh:

TBob
06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
so maybe we can hear how it went?

BTooley
06-22-2010, 01:02 AM
good luck- interested to hear how this turns out.

According to the date the meeting was last month so WTF?

:doh:

so maybe we can hear how it went?

It didnt go to well at all. If you were to exclude myself and chris, the other 4x4 rep, we had four people show. I would be more than happy to give you a more extensive update tomorrow. Ah hell I will just do it now:

The azohvc is looking for a club or clubs to sponsor quarterly cleanups in a effort to restore watson rd access to the white tanks. We need to be able to present reputable sponsorship of these cleanups in basically a project bid. Your clubs responsibilities will include area clean ups on BLM land, a 10 area on each side of the access road across STL, trail maintenance, sign replacement for damaged or broken signs, fencing repairs and automobile removal (for stolen or abandoned vehicles in the area, will work with Law Enforcement on these). If you or your club would be interested in helping us help you or you would like any more deatails on the project please email Brandon Tooley @ b.tooley@live.com, or Chris Radoccia @ my1stjeep@excite.com

Again this is at the planning/bid/govermnet sucks ass to work with phase. This is a project that we have to sell them.

Is this something that you as a club would like to assist us with?

Symon623
06-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the update.
The location of the meeting I could've walked to.
So if a group proposes these volunteer efforts who pays for the signs that need to be replaced?
If we're only responsible for 10' off the main roadway who takes care of the junk further off the main road? Most of the junk and stolen cars will be outside of this 10' "boundary"
When/where is the next meeting?

Kaistie
06-22-2010, 05:49 PM
The BLM takes care of signage Sy. If this is something that we as a club feel like we ant to be a part of, we would be volunteering manpower.

losttoy
06-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I know I would be willing to help volunteer to go out on help anyway I can since I live and wheel on the west side.

cruiserjim
06-22-2010, 07:03 PM
x2,I would be willing to help.

HD1
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Its a bit of a drive for me, but I would be willing to help....

4skiner
10-19-2010, 03:25 PM
I was looking for info on the White Tank Mountains and stumbled accross a proposal for the Town of Buckeye to lease the land from BLM and develope a park.Dated 6/17/2010
http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/az/pdfs/nepa/projects/phoenix/10.Par.71504.File.dat/AZ-P010-10-016-EA-wht-tnks.pdf
About page 19 it talks about OHV use being prohibited in the park. Am I understanding/reading this correctly?
And I still can't find a final word on if it's open for use or not!

staceman
10-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I gotta call BS on this one. White Tanks already has a park. A mighty fine one at that. Buckeye can find somewhere else.

4skiner
10-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about!! I live 3 miles away from the proposed area.I've been out there wheelin about 6 years now. Buckeye doesn't have the money to piss away on this anyhow.