: Bear's recuperation run thread

Bear
06-03-2010, 11:44 PM
As proposed by Mark, I am starting a thread to gage interest in where to go for the "BearAttack's return to the trails after my arm heels" run.

The date should be mid to late July as my arm won't be ready for action until after a month of recuperation and more physical therapy. Ron is having a little annual celebration around the 4th of July up in Michigan so let's plan for something after that. July 17th sounds good to me.

input welcome at this point. Decision on date will be made by third weekend of June.

Fuod
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Well, first off I don't think I want to be around you when your arm is "Ready for action", might get a bit messy. :D

I say we make the next run at RedBird or Interlake. Interlake would be good since Bruce has been wanting to check it out, but RedBird has some definate appeal!

NwiTACO
06-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Bwahaha, that was great Joe.

Well, since I will officially be in Evansville by the time of this run, I am gonna vote for inTerlake, but Redbird would be good as well. I just want to start exploring interlake first hand, and find some more challenging stuff there.

redbirdrunner
06-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Redbird is having a Christmas in July overnight camping event that weekend. Part of gate proceeds will be donated to shop with a cop charity. Thats where I will be irregardless but would make an excellent oportunity to wheel with the guys from Ohio if they still want to check out Redbird (hint hint Mark) ;)

Bear
06-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Bruce, how much is the gate entrance going to be that weekend?

gtrotter
06-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I vote for interlake, I should have my 85 by then, ready to go. If I am not working I will definitely be there, make it a multiple day event, and I can make it no problem. As far as camping, there is a campground near Haubstadt, I can get more info for you if you need it.

redbirdrunner
06-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Bruce, how much is the gate entrance going to be that weekend?

I believe it will be 30 bucks which will let you wheel all day Saturday until 11 @ night, camping overnight, and wheeling until 8 pm Sunday night. Also remember that part of the gate proceeds are being donated to shop with a cop

redbirdrunner
06-05-2010, 09:49 PM
I vote for interlake, I should have my 85 by then, ready to go. If I am not working I will definitely be there, make it a multiple day event, and I can make it no problem. As far as camping, there is a campground near Haubstadt, I can get more info for you if you need it.

What if you are working?

gtrotter
06-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Ummmm may be sick*cough cough* I haven't been feeling good lately. Either way, I live so close to Interlake that I can make it.

Bear
06-06-2010, 11:01 AM
go ahead and get the information, if for nothing else, future reference.

can't wait to see the 85!

Bear
06-06-2010, 11:01 PM
the way voting is looking so far, I may need someone to meet me at Badlands sometime so I can use up my day pass.;)

redbirdrunner
06-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Kinda also looks like I will be representing inttora by myself at redbird. Oh well

Fuod
06-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Kinda also looks like I will be representing inttora by myself at redbird. Oh well
Maybe, but I'll know more the closer the event gets unless we actually decide on a group run.

NwiTACO
06-08-2010, 07:31 AM
I really feel we need to increase our appearance at Redbird. We were supposed to have adopted a trail there which somehow got lost in our transition period...but there is already an organized event taking place, and it will be easier to just be a part of that.

I just dont feel that people would be happy making the trip all the way to interlake for what it has to offer. I want to get a chance to explore out there and fine more than just wide open trail, and one or two short woods trails.

As for the Badlands, please check the other thread :D

natetru
06-15-2010, 08:42 PM
if it is on a day that i can go i def say redbird....havent heard near enuff good bout interlake for me to drive there.......and i love redbird

Bear
06-15-2010, 09:37 PM
hmmm, this is getting interesting. right now redbird is a close, one vote behind. Who is going to have the swing vote in case of a tie?

I still haven't voted!;)

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Bear.......just wait one more weekend and come out to rausch creek with us........It's worth the drive;)

Bear
06-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I'll get there at some point. but I think this summer I am sticking closer to home than I normally do. I only have one out of state trip planned and I think I am going to have to stick with that unless someone dumps a truck load of money in my lap.

Full_Tilt_Fud
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
I'll get there at some point. but I think this summer I am sticking closer to home than I normally do. I only have one out of state trip planned and I think I am going to have to stick with that unless someone dumps a truck load of money in my lap.

i understand that.......the only way I am able to go is by trading in credit card rewards points for gas cards LOL........apparently when you by your first house you are broke for a while:rolleyes:

Bear
06-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I just talked to Momma Bear last night about SETO. If the money is there in September, that might be my birthday present this year; going to the event!

I didn't know you bought yourself a house, congrats! but you are right, you are normally broke from the day you sign until the day you sell. LOL!

Back on topic now!

slander
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I just talked to Momma Bear last night about SETO. If the money is there in September, that might be my birthday present this year; going to the event!

I didn't know you bought yourself a house, congrats! but you are right, you are normally broke from the day you sign until the day you sell. LOL!

Back on topic now!

MY advice if you go to SETO is buy a crawler and your clutch will love you!! I pretty much spent the whole weekend in double low going over boulders and the whole time saying "this would suck without a crawler" and my GF rolling her eyes at me lol!!! Great wheeling no matter what!!

Bear
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
:( hmmmm....

clutch already hates me from what I remember! (been so long since I drove it)

Bear
06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
so only Five rigs planning on going? that's all that has voted:confused:

slander
06-18-2010, 08:10 PM
:( hmmmm....

clutch already hates me from what I remember! (been so long since I drove it)

If you look around you can slap a crawler together for about 500 bucks. I got my plates on pirate for 350 and paid 75 for a tcase. I went with the 4.7:1 gears so that set me back some$$$ but if ya stick with the stock gears its all good.

ron86toy
06-20-2010, 09:45 PM
can we add one to the list??????
http://www.washitaoffroadtrails.com/index.html

NwiTACO
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Okay...we need a decision soon. Can the Bear chime in here... :D

Bear
07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
I got some personal travel coming up next month (August) so I am going to have to watch the budget. No over nighters for me in other words.

Since Bruce has something already scheduled for Redbird on the proposed date and we do need to finish finalizing the adopt a trail program, let's plan on Red Bird.

Now I just have to finish putting my truck back together! :rolleyes:

so am I suppose to vote now? How do I vote twice. ;)

NwiTACO
07-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Redbird it is. Closing thread. New Run thread to follow soon. Keep tuned in for details!