: ABC Ch.13 Relief Drive

TomTRD
09-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Rob and I plan to deliever some food and water at the ABC13 TV station for their Hurrican Relief drive tomorrow. Rob has a contact with the station and will try to get some exposure of your club for this delievery. We're still working out on the time but will probably be late morning. If anyone else is willing to join us then please post here. Thank you.

Also, they now have setup a donation location at the Astrodome if you want to deliever items there.
Astrodome shelter
Donations are being accepted at the Reliant complex. Supplies needed are: Diapers
Baby formula
Wipes
Baby clothing
Wheelchairs
Walkers
Men's & women's summer clothing, all sizes
Undergarments -- all sizes
Blankets, sheets, bedding items
Toiletries, personal care items
Deodorant
Soap
Shampoo
<li>Towels
You can drop off items at the North Kirby lot entrance.

FlipSideUp
09-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Let's plan this for noon, tomorrow.

I couldn't get a hold of Wendy. It's very likely she's taking care of her own crisis, since her family is from LA. I hope all is OK on her homefront.

Rob

TOYMINATOR
09-02-2005, 10:09 PM
I won't be able to join y'all as I will be volunteering (again) here at the Red Cross Emergency Shelter in Mont Belvieu.

FlipSideUp
09-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I won't be able to join y'all as I will be volunteering (again) here at the Red Cross Emergency Shelter in Mont Belvieu.

That's cool. I was just thinking of doing the same with the Harris County Citizen Corps. Then going to the Red Cross Volunteer orientation on Wednesday. Here's a link for anybody considering volunteer work: http://www.volunteercenter.us/rsvp6.htm

Cmartinez95
09-06-2005, 08:36 AM
Rob and I plan to deliever some food and water at the ABC13 TV station for their Hurrican Relief drive tomorrow. Rob has a contact with the station and will try to get some exposure of your club for this delievery. We're still working out on the time but will probably be late morning. If anyone else is willing to join us then please post here. Thank you.

Also, they now have setup a donation location at the Astrodome if you want to deliever items there.
Astrodome shelter
Donations are being accepted at the Reliant complex. Supplies needed are: Diapers
Baby formula
Wipes
Baby clothing
Wheelchairs
Walkers
Men's & women's summer clothing, all sizes
Undergarments -- all sizes
Blankets, sheets, bedding items
Toiletries, personal care items
Deodorant
Soap
Shampoo
<li>Towels
You can drop off items at the North Kirby lot entrance.

Did you go already or not? We might have a bunch of baby clothes and some diapers that no longer fit our baby. If you haven't gone yet let me know so I can get these to you.

SurfingDrunk
09-06-2005, 09:03 AM
here is a bump for FlipSideUps link for the volunteer info.
they will have enough donations, but not enough manpower/volunteers.
even if you think you wouldn't help- yo'd be astonished at what you could do. (if nothing else, see first hand what these poor souls are going through)
here is that volunteer info link again.
http://www.volunteercenter.us/rsvp6.htm

TomTRD
09-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Me and Rob ended up doing our own drop-offs since this whole donation situation is soooo un-organized... I went to Hilton Furniture off 45 South. Check a local HEB in your area or other local donation drop-offs which will make things easier. Like SurfingDrunk said, they need more volunteers then donations at the moment.

FlipSideUp
09-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah. I went ahead to the Astrodome and dropped off all the stuff last Saturday. Their was quite a bit of traffic on Kirby, at that time, and it took me about 45 minutes to go from Kirby/610 to the drop-off location. I do have some more stuff to bring, though (baby clothes, as well), and I plan to do that this Saturday when I volunteer for a few hours.