: Packing while wheeling?

gtrotter
06-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Just wondering who all keeps a sidearm with them while wheeling or even daily carry? Kinda curious as to the numbers, plus I gotta know who to not screw with lol.

Anyways, I will start it off. I daily carry a pistol. You can never trust the meth heads in southern Indiana and Illinois.

jason6746
06-30-2010, 04:17 AM
i just got my license a week ago, but i need to find a good holster and then i will carry when i can. what style and type of holster do you use?

NwiTACO
06-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Getting a .38 special when I move, and plan on carrying full-time.

ron86toy
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
I have this on at all times IWB...some states your license does not cover...NY is the one I know for sure,I cant remember the others....I still carry it though...but always have a case to throw it into.

Colt Defender .45
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/ron86toy/100_2693.jpg

ron86toy
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Getting a .38 special when I move, and plan on carrying full-time.
Watch out Dirty Harry....you might hurt a squirrel.

NwiTACO
06-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Watch out Dirty Harry....you might hurt a squirrel.

Haha...I like to load it with shot shells...it'll stop someone without me facing any serious charges...

gtrotter
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Haha...I like to load it with shot shells...it'll stop someone without me facing any serious charges...

dead men can't testify...

I've been looking more and more, and am considering a .380 acp for a concealed daily carry. I'm trying to remember what a few of my friedns have, but it is really small. Maybe a 5 or 6 round cap, but with a inside the waistband holster nobody knows you have it.

ron86toy
06-30-2010, 08:29 PM
dead men can't testify...

I've been looking more and more, and am considering a .380 acp for a concealed daily carry. I'm trying to remember what a few of my friedns have, but it is really small. Maybe a 5 or 6 round cap, but with a inside the waistband holster nobody knows you have it.

.380????? in the 2 weekends you seen me did you ever notice mine????? No offense but I would not even let Jo carry a .380...40 cal minimum.....I carry the .45 because IF I have to use it....I can hit the dude in the foot and he is not going anywhere.

"Where you goin??....fuckin nowhere." (quiz for the day...what movie is that line from? First one that gets it right I will send them some stickers)

gtrotter
06-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, butttt I have to play it safe. There are certain places that I cannot, and I must emphasize that, cannot be caught with a pistol. Yet, I need one because it is better than nothing. Another benefit is that it can also be strapped to the ankle.

Fuod
06-30-2010, 08:57 PM
.380????? in the 2 weekends you seen me did you ever notice mine????? No offense but I would not even let Jo carry a .380...40 cal minimum.....I carry the .45 because IF I have to use it....I can hit the dude in the foot and he is not going anywhere.

"Where you goin??....fuckin nowhere." (quiz for the day...what movie is that line from? First one that gets it right I will send them some stickers)
Boondock Saints!!! Badass movie!

I've been thinking about getting something to carry with me for a while, just seems there's always something else that my $$ goes to instead.

ron86toy
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Boondock Saints!!! Badass movie!

Bingo......pm me your addy and I will send you some stickers......the 2nd one is pretty badass too

Bear
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I was seriously going to get a gun when I was traveling so much, but that never materialized.

as for on the trail, I don't carry, because I am from Texas. When on the trail, Everyone had guns so I knew there was no need. Afterall a 6ft rattle snake can only "carry" so many bullets in it's hide. LOL (yes, that is somewhat of a true story as well)

In fact many trail rides ended up becoming target practice. you would be amazed at some of the "arsnals" you would have when you thought you were suppose to be out rock crawling. ha ha ha ha

(I miss home)

natetru
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
i carry everyday. like ron i wouldnt waste my time with a 380 or smaller round. i do have a kahr subcompact that i carry when not carrying my colt 1911 or my ruger 357mag.

brinner
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM
i just got my license a week ago, but i need to find a good holster and then i will carry when i can. what style and type of holster do you use?

did i have anything to do with this? :D I got a Galco concealed carry...believe when i say i was carrying ALOT and nobody would have even thought that i had it on....not even Anna.

TO ANSWER THE OP: The only time ive carried while wheeling is in Kentucky.....and that was so i wouldnt look like an out-of-towner :D

Fuod
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
TO ANSWER THE OP: The only time ive carried while wheeling is in Kentucky.....and that was so i wouldnt look like an out-of-towner :D

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's sig material right there!

Bear
07-15-2010, 09:44 AM

Ain't that the truth? :D I feel so out of place or naked without a gun on my waist when we go down there! Going to Slade is even worst! I swore I heard "duelling Banjos" playing off in the distance:missingto

Bear
07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
i carry everyday. like ron i wouldnt waste my time with a 380 or smaller round. i do have a kahr subcompact that i carry when not carrying my colt 1911 or my ruger 357mag.

why do I expect that when I do finally hit the trails with you, the day will end by you pulling out an AK for some "fun" :confused: ;)

natetru
07-23-2010, 10:00 AM
well..... i actually sold one of my ak's today to help fund the 4runner project. but i sold my lowest end one. still have 2 more plus the ar15s!!! hoooah!!!!

Bear
07-23-2010, 10:33 AM
well..... i ... but i sold my lowest end one. still have 2 more plus the ar15s!!! hoooah!!!!
I wouldn't expect anything less according to your rep. :rolleyes:

:lmao:

My uncle and cousin's I grew up with in New Mexico were avid gun collectors.

One cousin Had made an "acquisition" of the gray type on a fully auto rifle from Vietnam era. Was giving us the story over a thanksgiving table about how the U.S military stopped using this particular model because it was prone to jam even though it had a built in "kill" feature where it would start firing or even explode if jammed to deter the enemy from salvaging our weapons off the battle fields.

As he was finishing up the story, his socially retarded brother picked up the gun (with live rounds in the clip) cocked a round into the breech. Yup! jammed! never saw my older cousin run so fast to get the gun out of the house and disarm it outside! evidentially you only had 30 seconds to clear the jam.

You wouldn't know what model that gun would be would you? this whole event happened over 30 years ago. damn almost 40 now! anyway I don't remember what type of gun it was.

natetru
07-23-2010, 11:19 AM
as a military firearm collecterand army vet i think your cousin was confused. we wouldnt supply are guys with a self destructable firearm. firearms jam it is the way it is. the m16 had jam problems in vietnam, they also fired full auto which heats the barrel so much it could distort. if your rifle jammed in this hot conddition it had a tendency to "cook off" where the super heated chamber actually set the round off.

brinner
07-23-2010, 12:53 PM
as a military firearm collecterand army vet i think your cousin was confused. we wouldnt supply are guys with a self destructable firearm. firearms jam it is the way it is. the m16 had jam problems in vietnam, they also fired full auto which heats the barrel so much it could distort. if your rifle jammed in this hot conddition it had a tendency to "cook off" where the super heated chamber actually set the round off.

100% correct, and when it happens in the M249 (or any other belt fed gun) its called a "runaway gun", just break the belt and hold on til it stops firing. Ive gone through a decent number of AK's and IF it were to ever jam (which is practically unheard of) it would just sit there. 16's will still jam on a regular basis if they arent taken care of, but they will just sit there all effed up until you get around to clearing the jam. I had one once that slammed the case between the ejection port and the bolt, crimped it pretty good and nothing happened, even had a misfire once and they actually tell you to wait 30 seconds if you have been firing just to make sure it doesnt cook off while you are trying to fix it. (I can only speak for the M4's, A2's, Dutch A3's and A4's....so there IS a possiblilty that the A1's had different internals but i dont think that is the case)

....geez, that was almost as long as a bear post :rolleyes:

Bear
07-23-2010, 03:15 PM
....geez, that was almost as long as a bear post :rolleyes:ain't that the truth? LOL you back in the midwest already?

It was almost 40 years ago. so it may have been a foreign made gun. I just remember him saying that the vietcon would get ahold of them and not realize they had a "time bomb" in their hands and it would take them out for our boys over there.

But one thing I do know, with my uncle being a Korean vet both my cousins were weenied off their bottles with guns in the other hand. Hell in their house there was a rifle by each doorway and everyone in the family had at least one hand gun on them at all times. and that was before CHG permits were even thought of. Which actually made my younger cousin so scary because he was truely socially enempt. A true genious, but a "text book" social retard.

Just figured you would have an answer about which gun it may have been. The talk about the AK's reminded me of that story. No biggy.

natetru
07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
also, in vietnam, our guys were way more likely to pick up a booby trapped weapon. vc were masters of booby traps and other - unconventional means - of killing.

Bear
07-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Ain't that the truth. My cousin went to Vietnam an optomistic, happy kid. He came back a very somber,sober man. A completely different person. Went from my favorite cousin, to someone I could never know or understand afterwards. Much like many of the "kids" that went to that war, very sad actually, especially considering the treatment they received uponn returning home.

In that same conversation he told the story of that gun, he also told us of how they were basically "hand tied" against retaliating against some of the gorilla tactics of that ememy.

He said that they would let "locals" on to their base/camps to perform domestic jobs such as hair cuts and laundry. He told of a story where one of his friends was receiving a hair cut, and the "barber" slit the soliders throat and made a dash towards the jungle. As his friends stood by with weapons bared down on the "spy" they could not open fire until they recieved the go ahead order from the sargent or face court martial.

I couldn't believe it even at the age of 6 years old or so. but he insisted it actually happened that way.

Nothing like "Full Metal Jacket"

95toyotan
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Glad to see a bunch of fellow gun owners on the board.

I've been spending all my (very little) free time lately reading up on an indiana gun owner web site.

These things get addicting!:rolleyes:

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-12-2010, 09:21 PM
I am in the process of getting my license and i have been looking at guns....i have been shooting long guns my entire life but am new to pistols....i want something easy/economical to shoot so i can put in some time getting use to it....price is a factor but so is quality....i have done some research and shopping and i am leaning toward a ruger sr9c 9mm. It seems to fit all my needs / wants and at ~ 500$ it is attainable price wise. I like the way it feels and i like that all of its functions are easy to do with either hand. Anybody have any thoughts / experience with this weapon? Other guns to look in a similar price range?

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I've got a Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol. Some say it isn't that good, but I like it. Heavy trigger pull, but only if you are a little woman who can't handle a gun. I actually may be selling mine soon, to pay for some things.

IF you are looking at the 500 range, check out the Springfield Arms XD. I have heard good things about them.

95toyotan
08-13-2010, 07:14 PM
I am in the process of getting my license and i have been looking at guns....i have been shooting long guns my entire life but am new to pistols....i want something easy/economical to shoot so i can put in some time getting use to it....price is a factor but so is quality....i have done some research and shopping and i am leaning toward a ruger sr9c 9mm. It seems to fit all my needs / wants and at ~ 500$ it is attainable price wise. I like the way it feels and i like that all of its functions are easy to do with either hand. Anybody have any thoughts / experience with this weapon? Other guns to look in a similar price range?

I have nothing bad to say about the Ruger, but it's just not my cup of tea I guess.

What are your needs/wants? and where have you been researching?

A great place for reading and research is Ingunowners . com

natetru
08-13-2010, 07:49 PM
i had a smith m&p 40 subcompact...that was a great concealed carry pistol....now i carry larger handguns. either my 1944 colt 1911a1 or a ruger 357 4 in barrel.

gtrotter
09-08-2010, 10:24 PM
well not quite a concealed carry weapon, but...

picked up a new shotgun tonight, Benelli Nova Tactical. I can't wait to see how it shoots.

natetru
09-09-2010, 11:13 AM
i just sold a remy 870 tactical that was loaded!!!! and that 40 i reffered to previously, my buddy traded it in at my buddies gun shop....so i bought it back for 70 bucks cheaper than i sold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtrotter
09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I wish I knew you had that 870, I woulda picked it up off of you.

natetru
09-09-2010, 04:36 PM
got it in bronco sale....had a total off 400 bucks in add ons and i sold it for 500