: anybody has a connection on Line-X ??

99sr54wd
07-17-2010, 10:02 AM
or any bed liner shops. I just took off my rear bumper and I'm so sick of all the rust. need something really tough than the rattle can stuff.

natetru
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
herculiner. do it yourself kit is under 100 bucks...i love this shit!

Bear
07-17-2010, 09:01 PM
I had a friend down in Mississippi just put on that "new" duplicolor stuff, so far he says he likes it, I haven't seen it yet, but he says it was pretty easy to put on and such.

He even put it on his fender flares. :confused:

HoosierTacoma08
07-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Not sure what your 20 is but I had Millennium Linings (line-X) in Greenwood quote me $200 to do my sliders and my rear bumper if I took them off the truck and brought them in. Pretty good deal I thought. Said it would be $75 if I just had the bumper done.

ron86toy
07-17-2010, 10:19 PM
hurculiner,dupli-color....I would rather use spray paint(no offence)...I used to spay perma-tech about 15yrs ago....after getting prices to do the rockers on the Dodge from Line-X and Speedliner($800-1000 becuase of the xtra prep and taping off).....I researched for about 2 weeks on DYI liners.
I went with the best user feedback(alot of feedback not just 1 guy) and now I have 2 kits of this stuff sitting here waiting to go on

http://www.eastwood.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=10129+Z&Dep_Key1=spc

Bear
07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
yea! I love eastwood products. I haven't used or heard of that "gator guard" but I am sure if it is from eastwood, it has quality behind the label.

99sr54wd
07-18-2010, 04:04 PM
problems is rust. when I first got the bumper I spray painted it because anything regarding paint, powder coating are really expensive in California becuase of the EPS regulations.

now rust is covering almost all the surface inside and out. I tried my best to grind off them but it will never be clean bare matal again specially the inside. I don't know what will stick.

natetru
07-18-2010, 07:51 PM
my vote is still herculiner, never had one problem with it. never used the other tho. i have used herculiner for rockers, bumpers and the entire " carpeted" area of 3 trucks now.

Bear
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I am in somewhat of the same boat as you since coming from Texas. I never had to deal with rust until moving up here. Once up here, it seems everything turned "red" overnight.

since rust is a micro organisism it is virturally impossible to "kill" but that is the key. You need to remove your bumpers, then coat them with a good rust "killer" then treat with an inhibitor, and then treat with a coating that will completely cover the surfaces.

Of coarse this all needs to be done rather quickly so I would plan your attack for a day you can devote a full day, with the amount of metal you need to treat.

I am not a big fan of "line-x" or applying bed liner to bumpers and sliders. It looks great shortly after it is applied. But one knarly encounter with rocks and turn a $250+ coating into dog food! by this I mean once coating gets nicked, it will peel very easily leaving bare metal ripe for rust once again.

99sr54wd
07-19-2010, 04:56 PM
anybody used Navy Gel before? there are some spots that I can't get with a grinding disk.

the recent high humidity doesn't help the matter either. rust is coming back faster than I can grind it off.

ron86toy
07-19-2010, 07:30 PM
you mean Naval Jelly....I used it years ago and it works awesome.....I vote save some money and POR15 the inside of the bumper and coat the outside with whatever DIY liner you choose

http://www.por15.com/