: if all goes well.....

natetru
07-18-2010, 08:04 PM
if all goes well this SHOULD be in the driveway by mid week

slander
07-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Nice!! What are the specs? I really want a 4runner!!!

natetru
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
1988 runner, lifted, rebulit 3.0, 5 speed, winch bumper and sliders, 33s....and some tube doors

natetru
07-19-2010, 05:30 PM
pickin her up at midnight tonite. hope it doesnt turn into a pumpkin!

NwiTACO
07-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Good luck Nate!

Bear
07-20-2010, 09:55 AM
well with the color of the vehicle and the time you were scheduled to pick her up at, I guess you have a built in name for her: Midnight express! :D

natetru
07-20-2010, 10:08 AM
this douche bags calls me when he is supposed to b meeting me and says he wrecked the 4runner. it was driveable, bent rear shackles, but he had it towed back to wisconsin......i dont believe the story, so moving on.

RON and bruce
where can i get rear quarters for a 87 runner?

ron86toy
07-20-2010, 10:23 AM
RON and bruce
where can i get rear quarters for a 87 runner?

I am not sure you can still get steel fenders....I know you can get fiberglass ones from
http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/4Runner.htm

they even have a set with flares in them

natetru
07-20-2010, 10:51 AM
ron, only thing keeping me from buying this one is the rear quarter and fender wells... easy fix?

http://www.ttora.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=207&pictureid=4136

Fuod
07-20-2010, 11:00 AM
this douche bags calls me when he is supposed to b meeting me...

What a dick! Do you think he was trying to scam you some how? It was a nice looking rig too!

Bear
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I had a shipper do that to me. went back and forth with me on the price to ship his car he "just bought" then the day I was to leave to pick it up, he said it was wrecked and wasn't going to buy it afterall.

I then found it relisted on a load board that I use. He then had the gaul to call me a few weeks later with another job. You can imagine my answer for that one "I was busy"

natetru
07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
bruce/ron
the trest of this truck is pretty solid. just needs fender lips and pass rear qtr work....what do ya think bout price?

redbirdrunner
07-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I dont know much about bodywork so I will have to defer to someone with more experience. Sorry man

natetru
07-20-2010, 08:24 PM
What a dick! Do you think he was trying to scam you some how? It was a nice looking rig too!

he really did get hit. in rear tire bent shackles and wheel.....has offered to fix if i am still interested

ron86toy
07-20-2010, 10:12 PM
you can fix the body on the cheap if you can do the work yourself....replacing the whole quarter would be easier but more money than patch panels.....if its going to be a wheeler I would not worry about making it perfect

natetru
07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
get away with trimming most of the flair out of the rear quarters?

NwiTACO
07-21-2010, 03:08 PM
ron, only thing keeping me from buying this one is the rear quarter and fender wells... easy fix?

http://www.ttora.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=207&pictureid=4136

I actually looked at this runner at one point in time.....:)

Actually if you want me to look at any specifics i am going north for the weekend and can look for you...

Driver12518
07-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Looks a looooooot like mine did when i picked it up. I've got rust in those same areas. I thought about fixing it at first, but gave up on those ideas once I had to start cutting to fit tires in. I also couldnt bring myself to spend that kind of time on something that would probably have things dragged across it anyways. Now i've got the excuse of "well, i was going to replace that anyways" to not feel bad about fender damage too.

If it really bugs ya an easy "cover up" would be a set of those plastic fender flairs similar to the ones Jeep guys use. Only down side is they like to get ripped off when space gets tight.

natetru
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
i like tight spots so i will just try to trim it up....mark what did you not like about that 4runner. it is johns, is it worth me drivin 3 hours and gettin it?

natetru
07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
well, as it seems right now i am making a risky move. i really want the 1st 4runner i posted about. it was hit in pass rear tire bending rim and shackles. i have made an offer as is and it should be getting hauled down here soon i hope.

gtrotter
07-22-2010, 07:04 PM
bent rim? I would stay away from it. Other internal damage or even external axle damage is possible. They wound up replacing the axle on my truck after the wreck, due to a bent housing and other associated parts. From the outside it looked ok, just a bent wheel. BUT, when you actually started checking it out, it was pretty bad.

natetru
07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
i aint skeered to replace some parts.

gtrotter
07-22-2010, 07:37 PM
well yeah, as long as you are getting a good enough of a deal to make up for replacing said parts.

natetru
07-22-2010, 07:52 PM
but you know i am.... or i wouldnt be gettin it. lifted, 33s, winch. bumper. sliders, tube doors, rebuilt v6,decent interior,

natetru
07-22-2010, 07:53 PM
had to post this so trotter doesnt have more posts than me.....lol

Fuod
07-22-2010, 08:05 PM
but you know i am.... or i wouldnt be gettin it. lifted, 33s, winch. bumper. sliders, tube doors, rebuilt v6,decent interior,
WOOT! Awesome!

had to post this so trotter doesnt have more posts than me.....lol

I'm still a tad bit ahead of you. :D

You'll never beat Bear, he's a post whore! :boobies:

natetru
07-22-2010, 08:38 PM
You'll never beat Bear, he's a post whore! :boobies:

yea but does he ever really say anything? idk?

lmao just kiddin bear

Bear
07-23-2010, 10:19 AM
WOOT! Awesome!

I'm still a tad bit ahead of you. :D

You'll never beat Bear, he's a post whore! :boobies: not post whore! just experienced! ;) been around since dirt was discovered according to my kids!

yea but does he ever really say anything? idk?

lmao just kiddin bear I see how ya going to play.:p game on! LOL

but seriously I would think about what Gtrotter is saying. I onced had a friend pick up an axle to swap into his truck the same day I got my axle. Both axles looked good until we sat them side by side to take them home. the one he picked out had been on a jeep that was hit on the passenger side, but the damage appeared to be further back on the truck. Turned out that the pass. tube was bent.

If the 4runner was hit hard enough to bend the wheel, it was hit hard enough to bend/torque the axle tube.

Another option for you would be to have the seller let you take a look at the internals of the axle before completing the transaction.

Scott's TRD axle was being stored in my garage before he sold it. The buyer came over to pick up the axle but wanted to cover his ass. He wanted to remove the third to make sure the locker was functional etc. I had the time so I told him that if he did not buy it he would return the axle back to the condition it was in before he tore it down.

It made him feel better and for the little extra time, the sell was completed.

If you can do the same thing, I would do it! Also if you would like I can go with you to pick up the runner. we can break down the axle, inspect, then load with the axle in parts onto my trailer to get it home. Just pay for the diesel.

natetru
07-23-2010, 10:50 AM
thanks bear. the 4runner is 4 hours away, and i work 7 days a week so my only option is to get it delivered. to me the runner is in good enough condition that im willing to replace the rearend.

Bear
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
no problem, thought I would offer or help where I could. Good luck!

natetru
07-23-2010, 11:49 PM
well, the guy text me today and said he would be delivering the 4runner on sunday if nothing comes up....we will see...

ron86toy
07-24-2010, 08:43 AM
thanks bear. the 4runner is 4 hours away, and i work 7 days a week so my only option is to get it delivered. to me the runner is in good enough condition that im willing to replace the rearend.

you can pick up r axles for cheap too...like 100.00....I would not worry at all about it....I may even sell mine with chromos....think I found a 80 rear so just waiting on that

natetru
07-24-2010, 11:08 AM
if you do sell urs and i can afford it let me kno

Driver12518
07-24-2010, 06:43 PM
you can pick up r axles for cheap too...like 100.00....I would not worry at all about it....I may even sell mine with chromos....think I found a 80 rear so just waiting on that

Chromo's ehhh? I may throw my hat into that ring if he passed it up. Hopefully though, his troubles end with a bent rim.

ron86toy
07-25-2010, 03:01 AM
if you do sell urs and i can afford it let me kno

Chromo's ehhh? I may throw my hat into that ring if he passed it up. Hopefully though, his troubles end with a bent rim.

it would be a bit more than 100.00 tho...chromos are still in the box never installed

natetru
07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
got the new 4runner. looks like shackles and mounts, mayb wheel needs trued. axle tube may be bent or may be illusion because brake drum plate is bent

NwiTACO
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Lets get it on the trail already :lmao:

natetru
07-27-2010, 10:41 AM
truck will be ready far b4 work allows me to hit the trail

NwiTACO
07-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I know the feeling. My new job is kicking my a$$ right now. I am assuming that as normal with a new job things will calm down soon. I have so many things ready to due to the truck right now and between going back and forth every weekend I have no time. I do think I will see some dirt this weekend.