: Newbie Question: What oil pan?

YotaZach85
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I was changing the oil in my 88 last night and noticed the steering hits the oil pan at some point :o It has the 3.0 in it, I want to say it needs the T100 oil pan? Can someone verify?

86 toy
07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
my draglink would bump my oil pan in my old truck.. it had a small dent on the front of it but it wasn't a huge concern to me because it only happened under certain conditions.. in my 4runner my axle is farther forward than it was in my pickup so clearance isn't a problem.. not sure about the t100 pan i do know that when you do a 3.4 swap thats the pan you use.. if your goin to be at takover i'll show you my pan and draglink..

YotaZach85
07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
my draglink would bump my oil pan in my old truck.. it had a small dent on the front of it but it wasn't a huge concern to me because it only happened under certain conditions.. in my 4runner my axle is farther forward than it was in my pickup so clearance isn't a problem.. not sure about the t100 pan i do know that when you do a 3.4 swap thats the pan you use.. if your goin to be at takover i'll show you my pan and draglink..

Thats exactly what mine is doing, I thought I would have to put another pan on it. My truck sits really high and I was going to pull a leaf out of the front to see how it sits after that but now I'm worried that if I go any lower that I'll constantly be hitting the pan. I'd like to take a look at yours, I have a feeling I am going to learn a lot this weekend!

rocktoy
07-22-2010, 09:13 PM
IIRC its a 2wd pan you want. The front is tucked up higher.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10788753&postcount=524