: EviltacoSupreme needs sliders & bumbers

EVILTacoSupreme
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
also wanted to know if anyone nearby had free time and could make me some sliders, and some skid plates, and possibly bumpers if they felt like it and im free to help out, and was wondering how much they would charge cause i definitely dont want anymore dents!!

NwiTACO
08-12-2010, 03:43 PM
also wanted to know if anyone nearby had free time and could make me some sliders, and some skid plates, and possibly bumpers if they felt like it and im free to help out, and was wondering how much they would charge cause i definitely dont want anymore dents!!

Get in line :D

We've got a front bumper and a tube bed first! (by we I really should say greg, lol)

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 04:21 PM

We've got a front bumper and a tube bed first! (by we I really should say greg, lol)

hey! I've been trying to get in this line for awhile, lol

Bear
08-12-2010, 04:37 PM
round or square on the sliders, plate or tube for the bumbers?

I have some square sliders in the classified section if you are interested or I have been approached to start a fab shop up (I guess the cat is out of the bag now) in which I am seriously considering doing.

IF you have some ideas on what you want, I am pretty sure I maybe able to help you out, currently I am fairly free, but getting busy here pretty soon.

Full_Tilt_Fud
08-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Just remember that even with good armor it is still very possible to get dents.

Grant
08-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I want to get in line !!!!!!!! I need a rear bumper. Has to be high clearance rap around made out of tube and I need to keep my hitch.

Kind of like this one I built for for my 99 taco
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77453

NEV2DEP
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
also wanted to know if anyone nearby had free time and could make me some sliders, and some skid plates, and possibly bumpers if they felt like it and im free to help out, and was wondering how much they would charge cause i definitely dont want anymore dents!!I still have the Demello round tube weld on sliders that came off my 00 excab Taco that would cost you $75

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey Greg, let me know if you are up for a fab day, we can all get together to work on stuff. I can help with whatever you need, from picking up supplies to bending to welding( I'm certified now!).

Grant
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Hey Greg, let me know if you are up for a fab day, we can all get together to work on stuff. I can help with whatever you need, from picking up supplies to bending to welding( I'm certified now!).

Certified what just kidding. I'm still out of tube so we could go in on some. But one day isn't enough time to get much done maybe one set of sliders. Are you guys wanting weld or bolt on sliders ?

Grant
08-12-2010, 08:24 PM
I still have the Demello round tube weld on sliders that came off my 00 excab Taco that would cost you $75

Evil you should jump on these .

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I would prefer weld on for strength. With the amount of free time I have now, I would be up for several workdays. I do think we should buy all of the tube we need at once, though, to get a better price. I know I at least want sliders, and if money/time permits, a tube style front bumper.

Grant
08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
You could start by calling Wright Steel to see how much 1.5" HREW .120 wall tubing is .

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah I'll call them tomorrow, see what kind of pricing they have right now.

Bear
08-12-2010, 08:51 PM
You could start by calling Wright Steel to see how much 1.5" HREW .120 wall tubing is .

Yeah I'll call them tomorrow, see what kind of pricing they have right now.
So guys, is this y'all's thread or Evil's? ;)

EVILTacoSupreme
08-12-2010, 09:48 PM

yea thats who i was implying it too lol

I have some square sliders in the classified section if you are interested or I have been approached to start a fab shop up (I guess the cat is out of the bag now) in which I am seriously considering doing.

IF you have some ideas on what you want, I am pretty sure I maybe able to help you out, currently I am fairly free, but getting busy here pretty soon.
round and tube

I want to get in line !!!!!!!! I need a rear bumper. Has to be high clearance rap around made out of tube and I need to keep my hitch.

Kind of like this one I built for for my 99 taco
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77453
thats exactly what im lookin for

I still have the Demello round tube weld on sliders that came off my 00 excab Taco that would cost you $75
i would but there in cleveland

gtrotter
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
yea thats who i was implying it too lol

round and tube

thats exactly what im lookin for

i would but there in cleveland

ask Bear when the next time he will be out that way, he might be able to pick em up for you.

EVILTacoSupreme
08-12-2010, 09:50 PM

im pretty much wanting to do 4x Innv stuff are far as looks are concerned, but what you suggest weld on or bolt on sliders?

Bear
08-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Ron has been more active than I have been lately. He would probably get to them before I could

EVILTacoSupreme
08-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Certified what just kidding. I'm still out of tube so we could go in on some. But one day isn't enough time to get much done maybe one set of sliders. Are you guys wanting weld or bolt on sliders ?

what would be easier to make bolt on or weld on?
what would be stronger bolt on or weld on?

Bear
08-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm not much on copying other's designs but I am sure we could come up with something similar.

As for weld on vs. bolt on sliders. I like weld on, but you also have to consider your future plans for the truck. Weld on are generally stronger but bolt on's can be removed for both freshing up the paint as well as trading the vehicle in.

EVILTacoSupreme
08-12-2010, 10:00 PM
well i figured weldon would be stronger i dont plan on trading it in cuz i wouldnt get anything for it, also it doesnt have to be exactly like 4x but i was just using an example of what i've seen around

Bear
08-13-2010, 10:45 AM
do you have plans for a winch anytime in the future?

NwiTACO
08-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I need about 100', but i am gonna mix some 1.75 in with it i think. We can talk at interlake on sunday :D

natetru
08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
i think you need a 9500 pound warn winch!

EVILTacoSupreme
08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
depends on how much they are i havent priced any yet but i do have that on my list

99sr54wd
08-17-2010, 12:03 AM
are you guys talking about a party?

Bear
08-25-2010, 12:08 PM
whats the latest on this thread? what is happening? I have been off the internet for about a week so wasn't sure if you have made plans or still need ideas, someone to build them etc.

let me know if you don't mind.

NwiTACO
08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I saw Andy at the honda dealer on saturday...he was there to look at a tundra...

Bear
08-25-2010, 01:36 PM
nothing wrong with wheeling a tundra ;)

just won't be able to go everywhere we can in the tacomas, Hell you have a hard time getting in places the first gens can get to. :lmao:

EVILTacoSupreme
08-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I saw Andy at the honda dealer on saturday...he was there to look at a tundra...

yea my mom's bf is tryin to get rid of his honda truck, he works at toyota and i told him about the tundra but they already sold it, was only there for like a day or two, did ur wife get a new car?

EVILTacoSupreme
08-25-2010, 09:11 PM
whats the latest on this thread? what is happening? I have been off the internet for about a week so wasn't sure if you have made plans or still need ideas, someone to build them etc.

let me know if you don't mind.

not much, i would like to help build some bumpers and sliders but school is starting next week and that = no more money for a while plus im prob. going to quit my job so i be lucky enough to have gas money , so next summer is when i have money again unless i score a better paying job then maybe winter or spring break i could do something

slander
08-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Just remember that even with good armor it is still very possible to get dents.

Xs two, heres my truck and all the dents that i took pics of was with sliders and bumpers. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137868

My two cents: DO NOT get weld on sliders, with the salt here in the midwest, you will need to repaint your sliders evrey year, and my weld ones are a complete PITA to paint on the truck. I wish i would have ponied up the extra $$ and got some bolt ons. I am now stuck with rusting sliders that will be a complete PITA to replace, go bolt on with CBI style bolt on feet or whatever you call them, that way you dont have to drill and sleave the frame.

NwiTACO
09-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah she got an accord an we unloaded the heep :0

I've got those tires you wanted if you wanna come get them tonight...

EVILTacoSupreme
09-29-2010, 02:21 PM
bumping this up if anybody wants to still figure out a fab day were we all build some stuff

EVILTacoSupreme
11-09-2010, 09:25 PM
another bump

Fuod
11-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd like to get in on this just to finally get that damn brush guard and the remaining nerf bar off my truck. I don't have the tools anymore to do it myself.

Bear
11-10-2010, 09:05 AM
bumping this up if anybody wants to still figure out a fab day were we all build some stuff

another bump

I'd like to get in on this just to finally get that damn brush guard and the remaining nerf bar off my truck. I don't have the tools anymore to do it myself.

I understand everyone has challenging schedules ect. but I am dissappointed these issues have not been addressed yet. If I had the funds to make any type of road trip I would love to come down and help with everything.

Joe I know your situation but if you two ever decide you guys would like to make the small road trip up to indy, I am sure we could make a weekend out of the chores. Only bad thing now is we are fighting time...meaning if we don't plan something soon, it is going to be too cold outside to work in the space I have.

NwiTACO
11-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Andy-like I said this weekend, come on by. I will be in the garage all day friday and most of the day saturday, we can get a good start for sure.

Joe-bring that heap over tonight and we can pull that crap in an hour or two.

My garage is very small, and is taken up by an immobile truck right now, but the weather is nice down here :D

Bear
11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
I knew that would work! ;)

:lmao:

NwiTACO
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah...play the guilt trip on the guy who already offered :D...and is working 70 hour weeks...lolz

But alas...the end is in sight...

Fuod
11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I understand everyone has challenging schedules ect. but I am dissappointed these issues have not been addressed yet. If I had the funds to make any type of road trip I would love to come down and help with everything...

Honestly it's not that big of a deal, It's almost fun trying to tear the other nerf bar off. :D

The brush guard is just ugly and it makes the front end sit a little low, but my lights are mounted on it so it serves a small purpose.

Joe-bring that heap over tonight and we can pull that crap in an hour or two.
I'd like to Mark but I got a drunken birthday party to attend this evening at D.C.'s Pub. It's at North First Ave. and Buena Vista, you should stop by. :xbeer2:

Bear
11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
;)

Bear
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Honestly it's not that big of a deal, It's almost fun trying to tear the other nerf bar off. :D

The brush guard is just ugly and it makes the front end sit a little low, but my lights are mounted on it so it serves a small purpose.

Fail!!!!!!! they are just excuses for you not to finish doing the real mods you are wanting to do! but more importantly mods you NEED to do!

How many times do I have to tell you that the grill guard is taking away your approach angle and the so called nerf bar needs to be removed so we can get some real "bars" on the sides of that "thang" (yea! I'm from Texas and that's the way we talk! whatta bout it?)

EVILTacoSupreme
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
so how much would supplies be???? im done at school by 10am but have to run to the dr. appt at 1pm then im done, free this sat and sun

NwiTACO
11-10-2010, 08:54 PM
You can prolly get all you need for about 75-80 bucks

NwiTACO
11-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Have fun and be good joe ;)