: ECT Observations

Fuod
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
I've had my ECT in economy mode for as long as I can remember and I've never really had a problem with acceleration, it is a truck after all. I popped it into Power mode today and there really is a very noticable difference, it's kinda fun.

Which setting do you guys keep yours in?

natetru
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM
pedal to the floor mode

Fuod
01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
pedal to the floor mode
:lmao: I find that easy to believe. :D

jason6746
01-12-2011, 07:05 PM
i dont have one but if i did i would use it, i get bad gas milage anyway might as well have something for it.

bstoocool
01-13-2011, 06:22 AM
When I had my 03 double cab I ran it in the economy mode and the power only pulling a trailor. No good reason just what I did. Power mode is quite a bit more snappy then the other I noticed to.

gtrotter
01-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Is this something for the automatic trucks or something?

Fuod
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I probably should have mentioned that. It adjusts when the tranny shifts, in power mode it shifts at higher rpms.

I was driving yesterday on wet roads and noticed the right rear was spinning much more often then usual (usually not at all, I'm a pretty casual driver). I've been in economy mode for so long that I had to adjust my driving style.

Bear
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
ECT :confused: Oh you mean that aftermarket feature I added to both my front and rear axles controlled by those switches marked "ARB Front" & "ARB rear" :lmao:

I guess that little feature you are talking about was only offered on those "later" models, not the ones when Toyota was making trucks for men such as the '97 and earlier makes. ;)

:rofl: and here is when the comments about having to have an operable truck begin! :rolleyes:

Fuod
01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
ECT :confused: Oh you mean that aftermarket feature I added to both my front and rear axles controlled by those switches marked "ARB Front" & "ARB rear" :lmao:

Remind me, are those the axles on the truck that runs or are they on your Toyota?

I guess that little feature you are talking about was only offered on those "later" models, not the ones when Toyota was making trucks for men such as the '97 and earlier makes. ;)

Hmm, I could swear I remember the ECT button in the early 90's models (auto trans only obviously).

:rofl: and here is when the comments about having to have an operable truck begin! :rolleyes:

:p

Bear
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
that might be where the issue lies, I always have driven 5 speedsl; more grunt for the dollar!

Fuod
01-13-2011, 03:31 PM
My cars have to be manuals but I like an automatic in a truck.

Full_Tilt_Fud
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
The button on my 97 never really seemed to change anything. I think it depends on your driving habits. Over time the trans will go threw "adaptive learning" where it tunes itself to your driving habits and since I drive throttle down all it shifted aggressively all the time.....it couldn't really get any more so.