: hello from Zionsville

Mopar2
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello from Zionsville. We moved here from NJ in 08 and love the area. We are originally from Franklin TN and moved to NJ in 87. I just sold my 98 taco and we are headed down to TN to look at a 97 T-100. I want to put a mild lift on it but I donít see many options. The truck is very clean and has 144,000 miles. If I donít buy it I guess Iíll get a 04 Tacoma TRD extra cab 4x4. Looking forward in meeting some of you and help wrench on some trucks. If I get the T-100 I might look at a SAS so I hope you can help me with parts and where to look in this area.

Fuod
01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Welcome to InTTORA! I used to live in Carmel, I'm down in Evansville now, but I still remember doing a LOT of partying in Zionsville about 20 some years ago. :D

Check out our website at www.inttora.org (http://www.inttora.org), PM me your info and I'll get it on the website.

Bear
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Glad to see you found your way over here to our forum. Zionsville isn't very far from where I am at in Avon. I used to get onto I 65 just an exit west of Zionsville when I headed toward Chicago, but now that I am not hauling cars anymore....

Good luck on the T100 purchase, hope it works out for you. If you do decide to SAS your future project (regardless of model) look me up. I have a '97 SAS'd Tacoma that "jeep crasher" (another member here) and I did. I have also helped a few TTORA members down in Texas do their SAS projects also, before I moved up here to In.

jeep crasher
01-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Greetings fellow cake eater.

I'm over in greenfield and I'm the token jeep guy. They only let me in because they felt sorry for the one eyed, fat, dumb kid.

But I did sleep at a holiday inn last night.

Let us know what we can do to help. If you offer to help us Bear will have a room for you to move into and I'll keep you chained up in the barn and make you work on my junk 24/7

Later
Jeepcrasher

laskt9
01-13-2011, 07:53 AM
welcome! i have some friends in zionsville who are always willing to help out just get ahold of me!

Bear
01-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Greetings fellow cake eater.

I'm over in greenfield and I'm the token jeep guy. They only let me in because they felt sorry for the one eyed, fat, dumb kid.

But I did sleep at a holiday inn last night.

Let us know what we can do to help. If you offer to help us Bear will have a room for you to move into and I'll keep you chained up in the barn and make you work on my junk 24/7

Later
Jeepcrasher
:doh:

Hellva welcome, the idea is to make the new guy want to hang out with the group. :lmao: But with your location and mine, I think we got him surrounded!

Dave, don't you know once you get the toy buggy built you won't need help with your rig 24/7 as you do now with the jeep!;)

Bear
01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
welcome! i have some friends in zionsville who are always willing to help out just get ahold of me!

Are they toy owners/drivers? we need to rebuild the central area back up and make it as strong as it once was when we started forming the chapter. :cool:

Mopar2
01-13-2011, 02:06 PM
NICE! I think I just found my home. I look forward in meeting the group and I have a little barn with some tools in itÖ we might get in trouble. Lol. Thanks for the warm welcome and Iíll let you know what I pick-up this weekend.

Bear
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Kewl! make sure and let us know what you end up with. We have another member in the Indy area with a T100.

And don't mind all us idiots around here, most of us have what resembles to (at least to ourselves) as a sense of humor. Others are just more "warped" than some (i.e Jeep crasher and me) so don't mind us.

laskt9
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Are they toy owners/drivers? we need to rebuild the central area back up and make it as strong as it once was when we started forming the chapter. :cool:

sadly no they are chevy owners. :( although one is looking to purchase an fj40 from my neighbor up here in west lafayette!

Bear
01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Man you are just trying to "cut me to the quick" tonight. I had an FJ40 project I never got busy on and recently sold it! I regret getting rid of it still.

Ask your chevy friends to follow you through some of the trails at Badlands...then see how fast they convert. :) horsepower won't get you threw skinny trails

laskt9
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
my apologies bear! i didnt mean to hurt your feelings. ah who am i kidding of course i am :lmao: why would you sell that! if i had an fj nothing would separate me from it!

oh trust me he was ready to convert after smashing his bed on both sides the first two turns on my friends property :)

Bear
01-16-2011, 07:02 PM
It wasn't something I really wanted part with. But I had a few reasons to sell it. The biggest reason that separated us was I had it sitting in my garage for three years without being able to touch due to funds and I felt it should go to a better home than I was providing.

Your friends sounds like a lot of "converts" that have "come in" from the big block world.

Mopar2
01-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Well I didn’t have any luck with truck shopping this weekend. I went to Nashville and Franklin TN then went to Owensboro KY. I’m not rich and not sure why people think their truck is worth so much $. I’ll just keep looking.

NwiTACO
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Welcome! There are several of us in the evansville area...we'll keep an eye out for aome used tacomas...but they tend to hold there value quite a bit and its even worse the closer you get to this area...

Bear
01-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Keep your chin up and nose to the grind stone so to speak. Toyota's are always at a premium, regardless of the model you desire.

When I first moved up here, I was concerned because I was not seeing many tacomas. but I soon realized that was because toyota drivers hang onto them and tend to be more "loyal" than to other brands.

But that is not to say you won't find a truck nor a good deal. Just means you have to be patient.

Hell I live down the street from a big toyota dealership and I rarely see tacomas in the used car section of their lot. But you could look at that one of two ways. Either like I said toyota drivers are loyal and don't trade in their trucks or #2 toyota trucks last so long that they have too high of milage for dealerships to keep them on their lots.:dunno: