: Hello?

Fuod
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Anyone here? Hello???

* echo, echo, echo, echo *

Geesh people, at least post every now and then!

Anyone hitting the trails soon? Anyone doing anything?

At least post pics of your wife/girlfriend (almost) naked...

gtrotter
02-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm here, just been working non-stop lately.

natetru
02-10-2011, 04:50 AM
i hope to be on the trail soon...just slowly gettin shit done. just replaced front wheel bearing,tre,andf idler arm. replacing both cvs due to tearing in the next week. alignment today, then new rubber, and i have a locked 3rd on the bench ready for a swap....all this between a full time job and college twice a week

Bear
02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I've been around, just without much to say (I know that is shocking).

I cut off my sliders since everyone knows the truck never hits the trails anymore ;) Hopefully the guy buying them will show up this weekend from kentucky. then I am not sure what I will be doing. I have so many projects without any money to complete anything.

Drum line season is also starting this weekend so I am sure I'll be busy with that & Cub #2.

I have also been trying to justify starting a new photography business. Last time I had my own business it was a 30 hour day, 8 days a week proposition that I kept moving forward for 7 years.

laskt9
02-10-2011, 09:17 PM
im going to pick up some 35" trepadors tomorrow. bear i know i need to reply to your pms. but im lazy haha

Grant
02-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm switching from dana 35 to 44 knuckles , regearing to 4.56 , adding front locker , and ordered 35" km2 's . Should be done first week of March .

Haven't wheeled with you guys for awhile so you might not of seen my exo .
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/talontsiawd1992/2011-01-23134745.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll176/talontsiawd1992/2010-12-11143347.jpg

Hey , this isn't the Ranger forum .

Bear
02-10-2011, 11:26 PM
it's all good! we all have lives and sometimes that all gets in the wayl

I'll be up in the La-la land Friday (26th) I believe after next...taking cub 2 to tour Purdue and meet with the ROTC Captian. Might be able to throw some brew down after my obligations that night. I'll be staying in a rat trap for the night with the wife and kid. If anyone is interested.

I also want to talk to you about your trebs if you have them on by then.

NwiTACO
02-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Sunday...interlake?

Grant
02-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Not me . too muddy

laskt9
02-11-2011, 11:50 PM
it's all good! we all have lives and sometimes that all gets in the wayl

I'll be up in the La-la land Friday (26th) I believe after next...taking cub 2 to tour Purdue and meet with the ROTC Captian. Might be able to throw some brew down after my obligations that night. I'll be staying in a rat trap for the night with the wife and kid. If anyone is interested.

I also want to talk to you about your trebs if you have them on by then.

excellent! do you know the name of the guy youre meeting with there by chance?

i should have them mounted monday so ill be more than willing to talk to you about them.

side note for EVERYONE: did you guys happen to catch the KOH broadcast on pirate? im watching it right now

gtrotter
02-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Sunday...interlake?

If I can ride, the truck isn't drivable. See my thread if you have suggestions lol. I've the entire weekend off for once and the truck does this to me.

Fuod
02-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Sunday...interlake?
Man, I would have liked to but I can't afford any damage right now.

Bear
02-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm amused at the amount of notice given for the run.

Not that I would have been able to make it given my situation

natetru
02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
at this moment 3 88 4runners are going to try to hit badlands 2 weeks from today!!! any intrestt here?

gtrotter
02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
at this moment 3 88 4runners are going to try to hit badlands 2 weeks from today!!! any intrestt here?

Not for me, I am gunning on having the truck ready for the April fool's ride at Harlan. Gotta fix the rear diff, order my front bumper, install my new upper arms, and weld on my sliders. If the rear diff is shot, I may order up a new one from ecgs with 4.88's and an ARB, same for the front.

Grant
02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Not for me, I am gunning on having the truck ready for the April fool's ride at Harlan. Gotta fix the rear diff, order my front bumper, install my new upper arms, and weld on my sliders. If the rear diff is shot, I may order up a new one from ecgs with 4.88's and an ARB, same for the front.

There is a 4 door a glisson's that still has the front third in it .

gtrotter
02-13-2011, 08:46 PM
There is a 4 door a glisson's that still has the front third in it .

thanks for the heads up, I'll be down there in the morning.

Grant
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
thanks for the heads up, I'll be down there in the morning.

It's blue and is in the center section . Looks like it was rolled hard .

gtrotter
02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
It's blue and is in the center section . Looks like it was rolled hard .

Do you know if it still has the rear third? Was it a TRD Off road or a sport or SR5? I might just swap in the rear third for the time being until I can get a proper setup in it.

Grant
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Trd I think but no rear . The only thing that was left that looked worth taking to me was the front third .

gtrotter
02-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Trd I think but no rear . The only thing that was left that looked worth taking to me was the front third .

Gotcha, I'll take a look. My front third is a little different than theirs, and has a different ratio( 4.10 vs. 3.73). Might nab the CV's and bed pockets though, maybe the radio.

gtrotter
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, I went and pulled a bunch of stuff, might do some reselling.
I pulled:
front ds
1 cleat tiedown
1 cubby lid
4 blank switches
fog light switch
cruise control switch/stalk/wiring
intermittent windshield wiper stalk( the tacomaworld guys like em?)
a dash panel to put my air guage in
another little cubby
the end caps off the bedrail system

all in good shape and for a grand total of 25 bucks

I couldn't pull the front diff because, well, it was holding the truck up lol

natetru
02-14-2011, 03:56 PM
got locker in yesterday and 1 cv changed out. also repacked rebelrunners front bearings. need to change pass cv, rear ujoint and my pitman arm has a lil bita play. gettin the new rubber put on friday....should be good for bl run!

gtrotter
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
On another note, the glissons off 41 had two old toy pickup 4x4's...one ifs and the other solid front, still had housing, no third or birfs. Also a 4runner that still had the transfer case, etc.

99sr54wd
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I've been running between 2 shops and school 7 days a week, plus the wife and I having a kid coming due in 4 weeks. we know it's a boy and the due date is Mar. 17th, St. Pat's day.

truck has a leaky rear axle seal since November, which I have to deal with it soon. I just hope it's the inner seals not the outer.

is Shannon still offering discount for parts?

jason6746
02-14-2011, 07:12 PM

maybe, let me know if you are going when it gets alittle closer

natetru
02-15-2011, 04:42 AM
will do jason...should be interesting..
1 88 22re
1 88 3.0
1 88 3.4 swap

Bear
02-15-2011, 10:17 AM
will do jason...should be interesting..
1 88 22re
1 88 3.0
1 88 3.4 swap
I'll say, looks like a great opportunity to compare the three power plants for sure!

If I remember right (which I don't always do) IF Jason goes you'll also have a 2.7 4 banger to also compare. But the rest of the drive trains also come into play as well. size of gear, locked vs. non-locked but I know I don't have to tell you guys all that.

brinner
02-15-2011, 05:21 PM
maybe, let me know if you are going when it gets alittle closer
hey is this the weekend of the 25th?

natetru
02-15-2011, 07:39 PM
yes, 27th...

laskt9
02-15-2011, 11:04 PM
im a whimp but so if its not too cold ill be there. i can fully try out the new tires!

Bear
02-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I just found your post,

the meeting for my son was cancelled but we are still going up to purdue that weekend. damn! I just realized that is this same weekend we are discussing :doh: guess I am out for this run. ( I don't think the truck would be ready anyway)

what tires did you end up with? the trebs like we were talking about?

NwiTACO
02-16-2011, 11:12 AM
On another note, the glissons off 41 had two old toy pickup 4x4's...one ifs and the other solid front, still had housing, no third or birfs. Also a 4runner that still had the transfer case, etc.

Got the front diff actuator, a piece of the center console, and a cv for $21.49...

laskt9
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry, I just found your post,

the meeting for my son was cancelled but we are still going up to purdue that weekend. damn! I just realized that is this same weekend we are discussing :doh: guess I am out for this run. ( I don't think the truck would be ready anyway)

what tires did you end up with? the trebs like we were talking about?

its alright!

im not sure if i will run the trip or not. if i dont and you still have time to throw back some brews let me know.

yes sir i just took off my bfg m/ts today and ill be putting them on tomorrow. hopefully i'll be going over to a friends house to drive around in his backyard

NwiTACO
02-17-2011, 08:55 AM
What size mt's did you have?

natetru
02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
you going to be availible the 27th mark?

NwiTACO
02-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately no. I will be back down in Eville packing for the move...but starting next month I will be closer and ready to rock...

laskt9
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
What size mt's did you have?

33x12.5x15 if you want them or know someone who does send me a pm :D

side note. im def not making the run. found out my intake is ripped so im going to be moving the battery and rerouting the intake. one step closer to a tube front!

Grant
02-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Anybody want to do some wheelin at Interlake Sunday .

Fuod
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
I could, but I'm leary of damage right now so it'd be boring.

Bear
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
I think we may go back to our original plan of driving up Saturday morning and then back to Avon after the campus tour. But once I get a definite on our plans, I'll let you know.

I would say it would be a good excuse for an "area" meeting, but Nate and them already have plans for Badlands, which I would rather go to if I had the chance and Jason and Brian haven't commented on their weekend plans yet (I don't believe)

As for your intake. are you going to route it into the cab? what materials are you going to use to "plumb" it?

laskt9
02-17-2011, 11:48 PM
sounds good.

im not quite sure yet. i might do that battery/intake swap where you switch the sides but im going to spend tomorrow looking up my options. i know whatever i do im going to be putting in my 82 supra afm finally.

as for the material im most likely going to be using exhaust pipe, my high school shop teacher just got a new hydraulic bender and is itching to test it out :thumbs:

Bear
02-18-2011, 12:06 AM
sounds good.

im not quite sure yet. i might do that battery/intake swap where you switch the sides but im going to spend tomorrow looking up my options. i know whatever i do im going to be putting in my 82 supra afm finally.

as for the material im most likely going to be using exhaust pipe, my high school shop teacher just got a new hydraulic bender and is itching to test it out :thumbs:
exhaust tubing, hmmm that could work. that wasn't my first guess, but a good one. I have seen PVC pipe used to extend the intake into the cab behind the glove box. So I thought that might be what you were planning to do.

gtrotter
02-18-2011, 12:49 AM

I'm a no go, truck is still down for the count.

laskt9
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
exhaust tubing, hmmm that could work. that wasn't my first guess, but a good one. I have seen PVC pipe used to extend the intake into the cab behind the glove box. So I thought that might be what you were planning to do.

the exhaust tubing is only if i keep it in the engine bay. if i do the "cab snorkel" ill use pvc

Grant
02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm a no go, truck is still down for the count.

Did you find the problem ?

gtrotter
02-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Did you find the problem ?

Drivelines plus says inner axle bearing. Hopefully I can get it fixed next week.