: Hi people.

raevenzero
02-18-2011, 09:47 PM
My name is Ryan and I moved up here to Galva, IL from Lafayette, LA last year. BUT, I am originally from Linton, IN.

I got into TLCA after meeting some fellow Toyota guys down there in the bayou and joined their club BSLCA. Now that I have moved up here, I haven't been able to do any local wheeling, but have made it to GSMTR and SCC2010. I would like to go play a lot more, but really need to find friends that I can go out with.

I like Redbird a lot and spent a lot of time there when it used to be open and chaotic. I have been there once since the state took it over and I have to say, I still love it. I am planning a trip back down in the near future. I have not had a chance to hit up Cliffs or Badlands since I moved up here.

Since there isn't really any clubs here in IL and most of the IA guys seem to far away, I thought I would start talking to you guys. I still go over to Linton a lot and Attica seems like a short trip across 74 from here.

I even went as far as thinking about starting up some type of ttora or tlca chapter.

I miss the participation we had down in LA. I would say we probably had 25-50 posts a day. The BSLCA forum on ih8mud is more like a chat room than a forum on most days. I miss that. I stay active on that forum, but I miss seeing the guys at meetings and doing some good ole weekend wrenching.

Anyway, I'm Ryan...I have an 85 4Runner and am trying to get my hands on an FZJ80. Nice to meet you!

Bear
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome Ryan, glad to have you here. There are some members from here going to the Badlands on the 27th. I am sure you would be welcome to meet up with them.

I, like you used to post up to or probably surpassed 50 post a day myself, but I have reduced those numbers after moving up here from Texas. So don't by shy posting up the members up here may not be completely used to that type of post whoring but I for one will be happy to see another "regular" posting up.

Illinois used to have a TTORA chapter, but most of the members moved on and the chapter went belly up. Starting up a new chapter though could work if you are willing to put forth the effort. I can tell you first hand it takes some "devotion" patience and stubbornis.

Anyway, welcome look forward to meeting you on the trails

raevenzero
02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
27th eh? I could be up for that. I am just finishing up some needed and um...wanted wrenching on my rig. I had an injector o-ring crack right after the blizzard when I was playing in the snow. Since I had to change it, I went ahead and re-wired a bad plug, swapped to a straight tb, and swapped intake/battery locations. Just have to finish mounting my battery and weld on some diff armor and I will be good to go wheeling again.

I don't know how many IL people stop by here, but if I can get a group together, I will put forth the effort to get something up and going and organize some trips. I've already made a few friends around here that didn't know that groups like ttora and tlca existed.

raevenzero
02-18-2011, 11:36 PM
I put a little feeler out there on the Great Lakes States section on Pirate. If I could get a good group together, I will devote the time to make something happen. Even if we turn out to be a bunch of web wheelers and mall crawlers, I will weed out a few of the devoted guys that will make runs to Moab, TN, AR, MO, etc with me. If nothing comes of it, I may just jump in with you guys. I spend a lot of time over there anyway!

jason6746
02-19-2011, 07:41 AM
your mor than welcome here, come on out to the badlands next weekend.

natetru
02-19-2011, 08:05 AM
welcome, hope to meet you the 27th at the badlands...may turn into 4runnerfest!
jason, hope to see you there also it has been awhile!

raevenzero
02-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Can I get more details?

What time is everyone meeting up, how long is the run?

Is this park pretty good?

Will I be holding everybody back?

Can I drive my rig out or am I guaranteed to break something here?

I like 20 questions! I'll think of some more!

raevenzero
02-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I see they are saying 26th on the Hoosier Cruiser forum.

natetru
02-19-2011, 01:23 PM
i think the cruiser run is march 26th....we will be there at 9 am on feb 27th(next sunday) i always drive there with hopes of no catostrophic failures but you never kno. u wont be holding anyone back i am sure...unless u have a mint truck and dnt wana get it dirty...i usually run till 3 or so that way i can get home and be ready for work at 5 am the next morning...765-729-1417, text me if you like, im nathan

raevenzero
02-19-2011, 01:38 PM
I have a fairly built 4Runner so it usually gets around well. I just hope I have it ready by then. I should be in the shop today, but my wife has a stomach virus so my plans got nixed. I should find some time this week though. I just need to find a way to mount a battery and do some welding on the front axle.

raevenzero
02-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I guess I need to post some specs etc.

Here it goes.

1985 4Runner
RUF
Chevy rear springs w/ double shackle
4.88's
35" BFG MT KM's
Aussie front and rear
Highsteer

That's about it other than the stuff you do when your bored (ie - baby doll head shift knob)

Here are a couple of pics and videos.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_Duf2Pl2XIoM/TF9BIv0dnnI/AAAAAAAAArI/U9iwKYKiE-U/s144/100_3198.JPG

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt20/raevenzero/Chebbies/PIXI2010-09-06-193422.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXF443AJ_nU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSNt6ucTyOY

Enjoy!

I will be ordering a new front bumper from Marlin very soon!

gtrotter
02-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Wasn't that 4runner for sale on this site not too long ago? Anyways, welcome.

raevenzero
02-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Not this one. I bought this one when it was stock back in 2007.

I did see that there was one with a similar paint scheme though. I think it was more of an OD green, rather than the Krylon rattle can green that I have.

laskt9
02-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Ah! nice another 85 runner!

raevenzero
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah. I was told they were rare and "the holy grail". Though, it seems that everyone either has one or has a front axle for one.

Maybe Toyota thought ahead and doubled the production for that year!