: front locker

meat
09-29-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm looking for a front locker. Can anybody recomend one. I'm looking for an ARB but if there is one better without the leaking line let me know.

Skitz
09-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I've got an ARB in the front... and I've never had a problem with a leaking line...

GOT COPE?
09-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Try the SS lines instead of the plastic one. More expensive but worth not worrying about leaks.
I have a rear ARB and havent had any porbs, however I do wish for SS lines when the time, uh money comes.

Murderman
09-30-2005, 10:48 AM
"Better" is a subjective thing...

Do you prefer an auto locker or selectable? Do you have ADD or not?

An auto locker like a Lock-right is cheaper and easier to install, but it causes increased wear with ADD, and can be a PITA offroad w/o twin sticks.

A selectable locker like an ARB is more expensive, harder to install, and requires a support system [i.e. air source], but arguably offers more flexibility offroad. BTW, it is not the hoses that leak, it is the O-ring on the slip collar.

Either way, make sure that you carry a spare CV shaft in your rig when on the trail; lockers of any type put more stress on the axleshafts.

meat
10-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the information yall. Looks like an ARB for the front. That's what I had in mind but they are pricy. I rather pay extra for better equipment than to break later. I guess i better start looking for a CV shaft just in case.

TacoJumper
10-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I rather pay extra for better equipment than to break later.
That my friend is the right choice!

-Laurence

Ricks72
10-04-2005, 03:19 PM
"Better" is a subjective thing...

Do you prefer an auto locker or selectable? Do you have ADD or not?

An auto locker like a Lock-right is cheaper and easier to install, but it causes increased wear with ADD, and can be a PITA offroad w/o twin sticks.

A selectable locker like an ARB is more expensive, harder to install, and requires a support system [i.e. air source], but arguably offers more flexibility offroad. BTW, it is not the hoses that leak, it is the O-ring on the slip collar.

Either way, make sure that you carry a spare CV shaft in your rig when on the trail; lockers of any type put more stress on the axleshafts.http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16422

Good points and shamless bump to my crap if you have 4.10 gears