: Hello all

codeman268
04-25-2011, 03:17 PM
My name is Cody, 26 years old, finishing up my bachelors for information security systems, and I've lived in Indiana my whole life (Indy now). I was turned onto ttora from another local here in indiana. This past June I purchased my first pickup and I absolutely love the truck.

I enjoy tearing things apart,learning new things and that is exactly the why I bought this truck. I don't know alot about mechanics from my experiences but more so from reading. That being said anyone locally ever needs any help and is willing to teach, I'm more than willing.

I plan to keep the truck for many years and slowly building it up for some good wheeling. I'd love to get it out this summer for some fun.

codeman268
04-25-2011, 03:19 PM
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx258/codeman268/IMG_2694.jpg

gtrotter
04-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome! What part of Indiana are you from? What all do you have done to the truck?

Bear
04-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Welcome! What part of Indiana are you from? What all do you have done to the truck?If I read right, I believe he said he was up here in Indy

My name is Cody, 26 years old, finishing up my bachelors for information security systems, and I've lived in Indiana my whole life (Indy now). I was turned onto ttora from another local here in indiana. This past June I purchased my first pickup and I absolutely love the truck.

I enjoy tearing things apart,learning new things and that is exactly the why I bought this truck. I don't know alot about mechanics from my experiences but more so from reading. That being said anyone locally ever needs any help and is willing to teach, I'm more than willing.

I plan to keep the truck for many years and slowly building it up for some good wheeling. I'd love to get it out this summer for some fun.

Welcome Cody, I think InTTORA and you will make a good match, as we started the chapter on the idea of cooperation in teaching and helping all of the members.

If I am correct in reading you are in the Indy area, pm me as I am also in the area. I can't submit to the notion I know everything about mechanics and such, but I'm happy to teach what I know and always looking for someone/extra hands around the garage. I also know of a buggy build in the area in which that member IS very knowledgable so there are those around that you could learn from.

What all do you plan to do to your truck? It appears to be a nice, solid platform to work on.

Again welcome, hope to meet up with you soon!

phishtaco
04-26-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow, no bed rust? Where did this truck come from?

Fuod
04-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the club!

That is a great looking truck, how did you manage to find it? Which part of Indy are you in? I lived up there for 37 years before moving down here to Evansville.

NwiTACO
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Welcome! We always love new members. Others have already said it, but WoW! that truck looks clean. Where did you find it?

codeman268
04-26-2011, 03:29 PM
I grew up in richmond and thats where my family is and I'm in broad ripple right now but don't plan on it for long term. I had to go way down to TN to get that truck. The frame is prestine not a spec of rust, just red TN dirt. The only rust on the truck is underneath the battery on the passenger side.

I plan to keep it for many years and slowly add to it. I havent decided on specific parts but the type of wheeling would be hitting trails. I havent been there but I would say trails like those at redbird. Sometime this year I'd like to get tube bumpers and possibly sliders.

So far I've did some small things such as brakes, new master cylinder, line-x bed, SR5 cluster, herculined the interior, and other small things. I've also put new gears (4.88) and an aussie locker in the rear. It came with a 3" body lift, havent decided if I'll keep it or swap it out with a suspension lift. I've got a new clutch to put in it, but just haven't tackled it yet.

natetru
04-26-2011, 06:22 PM
welcome... love the truck
here was mine.....pre-redbird:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=1

and here it is post redbird:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=3317

jeep crasher
04-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Welcome fellow cake eater. Broad ripple is close enough you can help build my buggy. (still gathering parts). I'm between fortville and greenfield but all of my ink has been done at metamorphosis in broad ripple.

Don't be a stranger. If you want to come over and wrench I always have something to work on. T case doubler gears Heep. Hell I'll even let you cut the grass. And I'm sure that Bear will come over and play to

Later

Crasher

codeman268
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Oh man cutting grass sounds like a great time!! Honestly though, if you need an extra set of hands the weekend I'm up for it. If anyone is tearing into the 22re, I'll be there.

95toyotan
05-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Welcome aboard Cody

Very nice truck you have there!

HoosierTacoma08
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Glad to see you made it over to ttora Cody! Hope to meet up again soon and hit the yard!

natetru
05-11-2011, 04:43 AM
hey jared... whats up....how is the truck?

HoosierTacoma08
05-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey Nate! Just been workin my tail off. Trucks been better. Trying to save some more money to fix it. Had to get new Calipers and rotors. Put in a new idler arm last week and it still needs a new clutch. I've been toying around with the idea of selling before I have to cut off my right arm. lol

codeman268
05-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Does anyone here have a copy of AutoCAD, Solidworks, or some other program to help design the bumpers ect.?

I'm not planning on doing the SAS any time soon but I saw an 85 solid axle on CL. What would be a reasonable offer on it?

He wants 250 for both front and rear axles.

Bear
05-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I am all for buying used parts for as low as possible. $250 to me would be on the high line if it was me buying them.

are you plans that "involved" on the sliders and bumpers that you need that type of precision? I realize those tools are very helpful butif you can draw and use cardboard you can get some pretty good plans the "old school" way.

codeman268
05-15-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the overall outcome would be better with a program such as autocad.

There shouldn't be any reason for me to get the REAR axle from the 85, unless there way off in width or just something that I dont understand. So I assume he would take less for just the front.