: Truck wont start

dennic
06-09-2011, 02:03 AM
I have a 2002 toyota tacoma 3.4L V-6 S/C 7th inj. and all the shit to go with it. Alright my truck will turn over and even start for about 2 seconds but dies even when I try to give it gas. I can hear the fuel pump whining in the back ground. I need to get this fixed. Any clue guys. Ill take any advice. Thanks
-Clint

me_tu05
06-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Start simple, check the vacuum lines and make sure none are leaking. Kinda sounds like there is a huge air leak to me. If you can hear the fuel pump, you might want to find the test for it in the fsm and check its condition. a S/C can put a lot of wear on the stock components.

dennic
06-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Alright..update to my post. So my buddy towed me back home. It was only like a mile or so. But when we got to my house... the fucking truck started. So something is loose and the tow must have jared it back into place....now I have to find the fucking needle in a hay stack. Im going to start this weekend. I dont feel like I can trust my truck to start still. Thanks for the help and I will keep you guys posted. Thanks.
Clint

me_tu05
06-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Start with any modifications you have done to the engine and fuel system. Especially the wire harness.

dennic
06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
I replaced my clutch a while ago so the trany had to come out. Think it could be anything with that? Well also the whole S/C thing and all fuel mods. So I guess Ill be checking the whole truck from head to toe.

me_tu05
06-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Start with everything that was touched when you did the super charger.

dennic
06-11-2011, 11:01 PM
So I checked my engine light. I have a miss fire. Its not saying what cylinder just a 300 code. So Ill check the spark plugs maybe and can a bad coil pack cause this? If so how do I check if a coil is bad? Im also putting the stock intake back on as URD says the after market ones can cause you to run lean which I am.

Wainiha
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Did you try switching the coil packs between cylinders yet?

Do you have the TRD 7th injector or the URD one? I would think that the URD one could tune for the CAI and eliminate the lean condition. Are getting a lean code or are you reading the AFR from a gauge. The code could be a vacuum leak. And that might contribute to a starting problem.