: ocotillo

miguelitro
10-04-2005, 02:09 PM
looks like its gonna cool down a little for this weekend only low 90's!
i'm going out sat night to camp, wheel at night and have a few brews.
then on Sunday we are dirtbiking about 100+ miles over to the blu-in ocotillo wells maybe even the iron door, over to superstition mnts for alittle fun in the sand and back to ocotillo.
This trip is truck friendly too and if you havent done it you are missing out on some fun dez running
Mike

1noobie
10-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Bitch, dont even call me.

miguelitro
10-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Bitch, dont even call me.
jessie you there?
hello calling 1biatch!!!!
i was gonna cal you tonight :rolleyes:
you wanna go but i'm cutting you aff after 9732 beers
just kiddin jess were gonna be taking it easy.
Mike

mikerox
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
looks like its gonna cool down a little for this weekend only low 90's!
i'm going out sat night to camp, wheel at night and have a few brews.
then on Sunday we are dirtbiking about 100+ miles over to the blu-in ocotillo wells maybe even the iron door, over to superstition mnts for alittle fun in the sand and back to ocotillo.
This trip is truck friendly too and if you havent done it you are missing out on some fun dez running
Mike
100 miles on a bike. how do you manage the gas? sounds fun. if i did not have plans this weekend i would so be there with you. i love ocotillo, even if the damn place did eat my gas tank and 2 rims.

1noobie
10-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Nah, just joking man. Still haven't fixed my truck yet. People keep making promises to help but when it comes down to it they're nowhere to be found.

Fuck it, I'm over it.

miguelitro
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
bummer man...Id offer to help but you live so damn far away and when it came down to it well you know...
Is your shit even drivable right now whats the deal?
Mike

1noobie
10-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Just sitting in the garage with no fenders and a little crunched. I just need someone there who has fixed this type of shit before so I dont fuck it up worse.

miguelitro
10-04-2005, 09:19 PM
100 miles on a bike. how do you manage the gas? sounds fun. if i did not have plans this weekend i would so be there with you. i love ocotillo, even if the damn place did eat my gas tank and 2 rims.

XR650r 90 miles+ on a tank wide open, we stop at the blu-in for gas and a cold beverage sometimes twice on the ride if we go far enough.
100 miles is ussually a morning ride in the dez for us.
you'll have to jooin us sometime out there. and halloween at O' wells is allways a blast, GP race in holtville sat morn, poker run at night, big fires and the ussual Team Bad Habits shenanigans :D

Oh also there is a dez race at the dip at superstition next weekend that will be fun its only like 90 miles 4 x around a 22 mile course...

mikerox
10-04-2005, 09:38 PM
XR650r 90 miles+ on a tank wide open, we stop at the blu-in for gas and a cold beverage sometimes twice on the ride if we go far enough.
100 miles is ussually a morning ride in the dez for us.
you'll have to jooin us sometime out there. and halloween at O' wells is allways a blast, GP race in holtville sat morn, poker run at night, big fires and the ussual Team Bad Habits shenanigans :D

Oh also there is a dez race at the dip at superstition next weekend that will be fun its only like 90 miles 4 x around a 22 mile course...

i am going to have to figure out how far my bike will go on a tank of gas. i have gone all day but never that far away from camp. i don't want a desert tank at all but i might strap a small gas can to the back for insurance till i know the bike has the range for that kind of run. sounds fun and i will definately try and make a run with you guys sometime.

miguelitro
10-04-2005, 10:34 PM
from your avatar i'm assuming you ride an MX bike they ussually go about 60 miles which is plenty of range for this ride its about 40 from ocotillo to the blu-in where they sell gas, bring premix if a two stroke, i'll watch you fill up while i have a beer :D
from there you can go another 40 mile loop and stop by the iron door, all trails go there anyways, through lots of fun mud hills and tight washes, out to shell reef, back to the blu inn for more gas and back to ocotillo no prob.
the only deviation requireing a little more range is if you go to superstion on the way back....
lots of guys carrry two quart oil bottles in their pack. its really more important to have a decent sized camel back and to remember to drink it!
Later on,
mike