: laskt9's 85 4runner

laskt9
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
right now im just making a thread so when i think of something i need to do i can write it down. at some point ill put up pics of my truck and such.

so far i need to:
weld ram mounts on the axle
drill out 6 shooter arms to 3/4"
run lines for p/s and mount ram
make a reservoir since the filter/reservoir is way too big for my engine bay
paint everything that isnt painted with por15
weld in brake line l brackets
order and install male/female brake lines
turn rotors to remove surface rust
install 95 4runner calipers
measure out and order limit straps
install and charge air shocks
weld support bar for shock hoops
cut up the fenders
put gear oil in the front axle
weld up square tube d/s
install 63s with a frenched front hanger
change my v6 diff to 5.29
and mayhaps cut off the front clip and tube it

if anyone has a trailer and can tow me to their house with a welder or can help me get my truck into my garage (which is on a steep hill and i have no connection between the steering wheel and the wheels and no brakes) i will gladly pay for gas for the tow vehicle and gas/wire for the welder.

Bear
10-04-2011, 01:00 AM
I sold my ford and trailer or I would be up next weekend! damn! what timing.

on a side note, you can make a temporary connection between your front wheels with a rachet strap. It won't keep the wheels from collasping inward, but it will keep the wheels from flopping out, which to me is more dangerous. Take a pole or some pipe and strap it in with a ratchet strap for a temp fix to drive it in a straight line.

Hell if we can get a jeep out of the back of Haspin with zip ties holding the tie rod together, we can figure out how to get your steering to hold for twenty yards.LOL

How soon do you think you can get the laundry list done? I would like to wheel with you before you deplow and the redbird run on the 22nd sounds like a good opportunity if it fits your schedule. my schedule is pretty full, but if we can figure out how I can help you on a Sunday or Monday, you know I will, hell maybe even swap work time from your truck and mine.

you never did call me back so I could record your phone number. let me know if you still have my number, if you don't just pm me and I will get it to you. Or you can pm your number so I can call. I would like to talk to you to get caught up.

B

NwiTACO
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Thats a long list. I wish I was closer and could help you out. I am sure we could knock out a good portion of that list in a weekend.

laskt9
10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Bear, thanks for your help! i took an old pipe i had and ratcheted it to the arms and now the wheels stay straight. im going to see if i can find some wheel dolleys and put them under the front wheels and push the whole front end.

Im not sure how soon i can get it done, im working 50ish hours a week so since ive posted this list the tie rod is all ive done. im hoping my friend from work who has a trailer can take me over to another coworkers house to get the steering welded up. the rest i think i can do in the garage. the 22nd could be doable if i manage to get that done.

As for the number, i lost it again. i really need to start leaving my phone in a safer place at work. anyway ill pm you my number.

NwiTACO - yea it is but its going to feel good crossing stuff off of it. im hoping i can get a few guys together from up here and we can knock out a good bunch of it. im thinking about taking my diff into work with me in an hour and busting that out

NwiTACO
10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Bear, thanks for your help! i took an old pipe i had and ratcheted it to the arms and now the wheels stay straight. im going to see if i can find some wheel dolleys and put them under the front wheels and push the whole front end.

Im not sure how soon i can get it done, im working 50ish hours a week so since ive posted this list the tie rod is all ive done. im hoping my friend from work who has a trailer can take me over to another coworkers house to get the steering welded up. the rest i think i can do in the garage. the 22nd could be doable if i manage to get that done.

As for the number, i lost it again. i really need to start leaving my phone in a safer place at work. anyway ill pm you my number.

NwiTACO - yea it is but its going to feel good crossing stuff off of it. im hoping i can get a few guys together from up here and we can knock out a good bunch of it. im thinking about taking my diff into work with me in an hour and busting that out

I feel the same way sometimes. i am not working as much as you, but every other week I am on the road 300 miles away. It sucks sitting in a hotel at night with nothing to do...just thinking of everything you need to do, lol.

Bear
10-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll beat you to the pm and send you my phone number. LOL

I am just not available most days between 11am and 4 pm. I also can't talk Saturdays, but Sundays are open if you can talk your friend into trailering your runner down to my house for work. I would offer to come get it, but I sold both my ford and trailer recently.

Glad to see you are back on the boards when you can post.

laskt9
10-08-2011, 08:41 AM
i just responded to the pm! ill ask him today if he'd be willing to trailer me down or at least see if he will let me borrow his trailer and ill tow it with the mini van (again haha)

its good to be back!

Bear
10-10-2011, 03:39 AM
let me know as early as you can if you are coming down, you know you are always welcome, but I need to make sure we have enough supplies and such.

Also make sure you are safe first and foremost!

Call me when you get a chance. I don't like to call being afraid I may get you while at work.

laskt9
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
hey bear im going to call tomorrow (tuesday) after 4. work is very busy today. just picked up 4 stock rear brake lines from vatozone to make extended brake lines for the front.

Bear
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
that's fine, I was busy all day myself out in the garage working on a "simple" project, ended up taking all day and I still am not finished!

I'll be around after 4 no problem tomorrow.

laskt9
09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Still need to do ALOTTT of work.

I ended up changing back to 85 brakes because of my shock tower placement. I need to make 2 short hardlines and hope the brakes bleed out.

I need to make a front drive shaft still.

Finish installing the stock radio.

Pull the steering wheel off and fix the horn being on constantly (if I still had one) and draining my battery

Cut and reweld the steering links from the ram. And the mount

Tomorrow I'm going to weld up my panhard at work

Fill the air shocks and the front diff

Buy a thermal arc 181i and weld up my orbital valve mount and brake line mounts and weld on the cross bar for the air shocks

Install the orbital valve and run lines

Order a p/s resi and install it

Get a new hub for one side

I think that may be it. I really need to sell it. I work mad hours and its just taking up space in my garage.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

laskt9
09-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Picked up a welder today. But its a 230. Sooo ill be returning that and getting a 220.

natetru
09-22-2012, 02:37 PM
230 amps or volts?

laskt9
09-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Just kidding. Its fine. I'm rewiring.

natetru
09-22-2012, 05:18 PM
ok, confused me.

laskt9
09-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Volts. I realized 220 230 240 are all the same like 2 min after I posted. House wiring is not my thing. My father in law has a friend who's coming over to help me wire. In the mean time I'm making an epic extension cord

natetru
09-22-2012, 07:33 PM
In the mean time I'm making an epic extension cord

i understand that. my garage doesnt have 220 so i got some industrial cable from work that i run from my hot tub circuit when i need to weld....not welding and enjoying the hot tub at same time so no real downside

laskt9
09-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Mines going to be running to the washer and dryer room. Only problem is its upstairs.

NwiTACO
06-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Saw your post on pirate looking to get this thing finished up. Shoot me a PM or give me a call, I am sure I can help you out. Should be able to knock this out in no time flat! About 45 mins from Lafayette...

laskt9
06-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Sweet thanks man!