: Ideas for the club.?

jeep crasher
10-21-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm looking to get ideas for the club concerning events, projects or whatever else. This is serious thread so please no bashing or complaining.

I'll start. On the other thread it was discussed for a monthly event of some sort. Preferably a run at which time a general club meeting could be held. It was also mentioned "WE" are adopting a trail. Why just one? If this one goes well maybe a second. Our way of giving back and name recognition.
In the future I would like to see us help out other clubs with events. Toys For Tots maybe. Or start up our own TFT or coats for kids, something.
I don't think anyone would argue that we need more members and friends to help build and fix our crap. Name recognition and web addresses help with getting new blood. Back in the day someone had an idea of Ttora business cards to put on someone's windshield. Maybe we give that another try.

I ask that everyone stay constructive. BUT, please I do appreciate an honest critique. How else would we learn anything in life.

Let the ideas fly

Later

Crasher

Bear
10-21-2011, 04:24 PM
You have now claimed the responsibility of chapter promotion. Let everyone know what your intial ideas are at the park tomorrow and again on the board next week after everyone gets back home.

Roll Tide
10-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Wish I could make it this weekend, however I'm stuck working. After reading the OP, I thought it would be helpful to mention that I work in the Commercial Laundry business, and we run a Coats For Kids (CFK) program every year in which all coats that are dropped off at our location are cleaned and then sent to the Salvation Army in my town. Just a thought!

Bear
11-02-2011, 04:41 PM
bump to gain more ideas. We are in the works for some club news, just not quite ready to announce the details yet.

Roll Tide
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
does this mean the whole buying a chunk of land thing is out of the running...hahaha

Roll Tide
11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
any "make a wish" requests to do some off roading...??? Also, maybe a "get your car ready for winter" type of deal for family and friends who are unable to do this for themselves, (Like my mother in law) you know, wipers, antifreeze checks, stuff to help others out ya know?

Bear
11-02-2011, 10:24 PM
I will research the local M.A.W foundation and see what their requirements/guidelines are to see if that would be viable. We may be able to do something with them in the spring time. I doubt the colder weather would be favorable to the individuals.

As for the winter prep W.A.T...maybe if we keep it to family members initially to "test the waters" but my first question has to be about longistics. More specifically the "where's" and "expenses" part.

But these two ideas are great! And good examples of the philampathic side the club needs to head into. Thanks

Bear
11-02-2011, 10:28 PM
does this mean the whole buying a chunk of land thing is out of the running...hahaha

Not dead...but I think we'll put the idea on the extreme back burner ;) like maybe on the stove located in the artic circle.lol

Roll Tide
11-03-2011, 04:23 PM
i will keep the gears spinning in my head, most of my ideas have no time line. just trying to get all of the dust out of my brain. Really the logistics and financials of the "Help Day" would be in a central location, and basically for people (family) who cant or are scared of doing simple things on their vehicles. They buy the products, we help / show them how to do the task. It would create awareness and let at least family members know what its all about. My mother in law for example, hates going to a garage to have anything done. Let alone asking them to put new wipers on, but she is always afraid of messing something up. My grandparents physically cant do ANYTHING, so they end up paying quite a bit of money out, for simple tasks...maybe a spin off of this idea...somewhere...sometime....somehow...ah heck....im lost

Bear
02-08-2012, 11:34 PM
bump to get da ideas flowing again. I am hoping to start getting some meetings scheduled and/or events planned.