: Roll Tides "help day" idea

Bear
11-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Here is an idea from Roll Tide that I think is a good idea for the club to work on.

Obviously, it is not a "complete" idea/still in developement so let's put our collective head together and figure out how to make this happen.

the Idea:

Roll Tide "i will keep the gears spinning in my head, most of my ideas have no time line. just trying to get all of the dust out of my brain. Really the logistics and financials of the "Help Day" would be in a central location, and basically for people (family) who cant or are scared of doing simple things on their vehicles. They buy the products, we help / show them how to do the task. It would create awareness and let at least family members know what its all about. My mother in law for example, hates going to a garage to have anything done. Let alone asking them to put new wipers on, but she is always afraid of messing something up. My grandparents physically cant do ANYTHING, so they end up paying quite a bit of money out, for simple tasks...maybe a spin off of this idea...somewhere...sometime....somehow...ah heck....im lost"

Bear
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
jeep crasher and I had briefly discussed this idea and our initial thought on logistics for this idea is that we would need to basically set a date and have various members host this event in the different populated regions.

as strictly an example:

Jeep crasher could host members/families from the central eastern area or East side of Indy, I host members/families from the west central or west side of Indy
Evil supreme or fuod host members/families from the Evansville area, Jason host the Lafayette area etc.

Roll Tide
11-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea Bear, like I said, just trying to get the wheels turning.

MiniCrasher
11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Sounds like fun to me .:cool:

gtrotter
11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, I would be willing to be a host in southern Indiana. I may not wheel much, but I've got the space and tools to do most anything you would need to do. I would just need a little heads up, say a month or two beforehand.

Bear
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I am think this is a great idea, we have ran out of time for this year. but it should be shelved for next year.

but that is the right idea about volunteering the space. each area will need to have one designated area.

95toyotan
11-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm watching to see where and when, Hopefully I can lend a hand.