: Passing through town, might need some help!

defrag4
11-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Hey guys, I am passing through Las Vegas right now. Hold up in some cheapo room at the Circus Circus. My girlfriend and I are driving my 87 4Runner across the country and then all the way down to the bottom of South America. Ushuaia, Argetina.

I got a freshly rebuilt 22RE but it seems to be having some issues, I am definitely leaking oil from somewhere, looks to me like the oil pan gasket is seeping and slinging oil all over my starter/underbody. Going to go to the AutZone/PepBoys over there off Sahara tomorrow to take a closer look. I am also trying to track down a 22RE dual-stage thermostat from the Toyota dealer to cure an issue with the temp gauage overshooting and not opening fast enough, dealers parts dept was closed today obviously so am calling them in the A.M. Also getting a whirring coming the front end, turns from slow whir to fast whir with the speed of the truck.

Anyway, I dont really know anyone in town and if I wind up needing a mechanic would you guys be able to recommend someone? Were on a tight budget but this truck is my life and I need to make sure she is running good.

Just made it through Death Valley yesterday, ran into a fellow Yoter and helped them out, they had been stuck for 24 hours!

Check out my blog here for the story and please shoot me an email/PM/reply if you can help me out somehow.

http://homeonthehighway.com

Thanks fellas,
James :welder:

7sx_Tacoma
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Check at finley toyota in henderson and ask for robert, he is on this board and works there, they should be able to help you out. if you need a place to work on it let me know. i have plenty of tools at my house.

hopper
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Let us know if you need some free labor too.

I second the Robert comment... he will be able to get you taken care of.

RelentlessTaco
11-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Just read through your website/blog. Sounds like an amazing trip ahead of you! Hope you're back on the road again.