: need a trany!!!

slickyota98
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
whats going on...
Im wondering if anyone could help me find a 5spd trany for a 2nd gen 4runner with a 3.0? I have totaly lost first gear and need to have that sometime... dont know how much more my clutch can take the starting from 2nd! i have talked to yota yard and they wanted $600. does anyone know where i can get one???
Thanks
Sean

tacotoy
10-16-2005, 12:25 AM
is this just going to be DD after you get your shiznit finished? if so a junkyard tranny might be the best way to go. i know the last time i was at pull n save in denver they had an old school toy.... i can't remember if the tranny was in it still or not but its like 80 bucks for just the tranny from them. who knows what condition its in but you can always put that in and take yours to a shop and get it fixed....... they can fix anything lol

Lysmachia
10-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Hey you might want to give a shout out to Nicole (on the board) and see if she can help - she might be able to get you ther toyota part at cost since she is a toyota tech at a denver Totota dealer. Just a thought... I think her screen name is blown4runner

blown4runner
10-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Molly's right, although a new remanned one would cost more than a junkyard one. But I do know some re-build shops that might have one for maybe half the price. My old master tech's new apprentice just cracked a case on a tacoma 5spd tranny by over tightening the drain plug and got a remanned one for $300. If ya need help I could atleast ask around.

Lysmachia
10-29-2005, 04:46 PM
There is also a junkyard up here near Erie (that Rich and I scouted last week) that deals primarily in Japanese vehicles. I couldn't get any Burfs off of them, because they want to sell the axles whole, but I bet they have some tranny's. Can't remember the name but I am sure Erie is in it and it is on Weld County Road 5