TTORA Forum banner

New lifted prerunner! Two Questions and pics

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Land Pirates Off Road 
#1 ·
Hi all new to the forum new to toyotas i recently got a pre runner and its lifted with coils its about a 2-3'' lift. My first question is how much would it be to lift it another inch or two including installation and whats the best way to do that?

second question kinda random but my prerunner is 2WD with Locking diffs and ECT, ive always known one pitfall to trucks without 4x4 is having no weight on the rear end. So i was thinking of making a box that fits perfectly in the bed with a hinged top that i could fill with bricks or something similar

What weight would be good for not to much to dig yourself in but enough to get great grip. Also does someone make something similar to what i just described to get that extra weight on the tail?

THANKS FOR READING!

See less See more
#2 ·
You're going to need either a set of lift spindles in conjunction with whatever is on the front end now, or a drop bracket lift.

If you're needing extra weight over the rear wheels, try to use useful items instead of bricks. Quarts of oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, gear oil and power steering fluid will be much more helpful in the case you have a break down or a leak than bricks will be.

#4 ·
The cheapest route would be to get a 1-2" bodylift for more tire clearance. It only will be cheap if you or a friend installed it tho (they are not hard to install, just time consuming). And for the weight, throw a couple sandbags in the bed over the rear axle. Deflating your tires a little will also help them grab on the trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.