TTORA Forum banner

Older truck low mileage question

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fuod 
#1 ·
OK, I'm posting this in newbie cuz I'm a moron and I don't wanna be told I'm a moron... :D

I purchased my '04 4x4 TRD xCab back in October 2003, She's about to hit 34,000 miles and has only had general maintenance done (i.e. oil changes, tires).

Is there anything I need to be worried about? Anything I need to have checked? I know tranny fluid has a life span, should I have that replaced or some other fluid?

I think you see what I'm getting at here. I just want my truck to run forever. :D

#3 ·
jesus, 34,000 miles on an 03??!!! :eek: that is impressive! besides what mysticgold04 said, do the fluids in your t case too, and you probably want to flush your brake fluid, it can absorb water and get contaminated, if your truck is an 03 and never had it done, might be a good time - same for clutch if it's a manual

#5 ·
jesus, 34,000 miles on an 03??!!! :eek:
It's an '04. :D

Thanks guys, I'll get all that checked. Plugs have been changed, one new set of tires because the factory ones were dry rotting, several air filters, a new battery and a few other basic things.

When I took it in for the frame recall one of the mechanics made me an offer, and one of the used car guys wouldn't leave me alone trying to get me to trade it in. lol, I hate dealerships.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.