TTORA Forum banner

Lift parts

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Land Pirates Off Road 
#1 ·
Hey guys i just got a good brake on some fabtech dirt logic coilovers for 500. Would this be a good deal and if i bought these i would plan on getting some OME dakar leafs or Alcan. I was origanally panning on getting some sort of complete kit so what additional parts would i need for the coilovers and new leaf pack in rear. thanks

#2 ·
Ill give you a list of my parts that i just finished gathering to lift my 98.

Front lift:
Sway-away 2.0 coilovers

Rear Lift:
All-pro 3" leafs
5125s
new leaf bushings
Extended rear brake line
Longer BVP
Longer bump stops
Longer U-bolts

That should be everything that i need for my lift excluding larger tires

#4 ·
Ill give you a list of my parts that i just finished gathering to lift my 98.

Front lift:
Sway-away 2.0 coilovers $400 used and i had a little work done on them for $100

Rear Lift:
All-pro 3" leafs The All-pro rear setup was $500
5125s Included in the $500
new leaf bushings Included in the $500
Extended rear brake line Included in the $500
Longer BVP $10
Longer bump stops $15
Longer U-bolts $40

That should be everything that i need for my lift excluding larger tires
so all in all about $1100 and the only used parts were the Sway-aways. Im waiting on some free time to install everything, but it shouldnt be anything that a 12 pack and a few buddies cant do.

and you wont need new uppers, thats only once you go LT or over 3" of lift. You'll be fine

#5 ·
nothing wrong with used, as long as you know what to look for. :D

As for the rear, depends on how high you want it and the use.

The add a leafs work really well. So do new springs either from Deaver, Alcan (our first choice) ARB, TJM, who ever...

Just need to know your over all use of the rig first!

#7 ·
I run dirt logics and dakar's and am content with the performance and ride. As for the ones coming off the tundra, you need to find out if they are for the tundra as the valving is different. My only complaint is that the springs wore out too soon so if you decide to get them you may want to source a new set of coils.

#9 ·
Dont just get adjustable shocks, your stock coils will wear much faster and your ride will suffer. And you cant just get "lift coils" either, your stock shocks arent long enough. Get coils and shocks that fit the coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.