TTORA Forum banner

walker o2 sensors

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Pikeman 
#1 ·
hey guys wanted to get everyone's opinions on walker o2 sensors

#9 ·
http://www.walkerexhaust.com/products/converter_calcat_catalytic.asp

they make Carb legal cats, and from their warranty and cheap price thru summit racing, i'd use them if i had to.

to the OP, i'd verify where their o2's are made. Like everyone else says, stick with oem, and I order denso's thru amazon last week and this week. cheapest shipped to my door prices ever.

#5 ·
When mine was throwing a code in the sensor in between the cat and the manifold (front sensor I guess) I went to the local stealership for shits and giggles. Walked out the door laughing when they quoted me 212$+ or something like that. Got a factory red box yota one from trdparts4u for like 137 shipped, It's my understanding that anything sensor related should always be OEM. Makes sense that the hardware(sensor) should match the software(ECU), introducing sensors with different temp ranges and parameters could cause other issues. The split top nuts on the studs are a nightmare too apparently toyota has an sst socket for them, broke one and the other came out with the nut still on. That was a weekend of swearing and throwing shit that I don"t ever have to relive again.

#6 ·
The split top nuts on the studs are a nightmare too apparently toyota has an sst socket for them.
Like any older nut, spray some PB Blaster on them a few days before you actually do the work, and again right before you start. Mine came off easily with a standard 12mm box wrench.

#7 ·
PB blaster was used, it didn't matter at all. Even preheating didn't do anything. I was told by Toyota mech's that the factory does this to prevent people from tampering with emissions related parts like the cat and exhaust components and that they are designed to strip the stud if the proper tools aren't used. I used to have a part number for the sst socket but I don"t know where it went. It's supposed to be hammered on to the nut to spread the top portion so it wouldn't gall the threads. Glad you didn't have a headache like mine. I think it had a lot to do with the previous owner driving through some salt water, my exhaust was pretty corroded from the get go. As for the walker sensor Calitoy I think your sigline answers your own ? "you get what you pay for"

#8 ·
this is off an amazon review
"I was a Product Engineer at Walker. They buy cheap salvaged sensors on the black market and sell them as new. I quit because the company is so unethical. I would advise against buying from them. I wouldn't put one on my car if it were free. "

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.