TTORA Forum banner

1st Gen Stock Coils

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  stlstrs 
#1 ·
Regarding non-trd coils for the first gen Tacomas, are the coils for single cabs, extra cabs and double cabs the same? Are there differences between the early 1st gen and the late 1st gen? Thanks.

#3 ·
yep have to go by the color coded dots that all toyota coils have

#4 ·
Ok, I'll get to the point.

I have a 03 DC, V6, TRD. I have a set of adjustable 5100s that I was planning on using to lift the front. Like a good noob, I did my homework and realized I shouldn't use the stock TRD coils. Now I'm wondering if your coils (the ones you are selling) from the 4runner would be acceptable for my truck. I'm willing to suffer through the 5100s for now, on my way to some Icons or SAW. But I don't really want to spend a more on new springs.

At this point I'm about ready to scrap the cheap route and just go all in.

Thanks for any input

#8 ·
So, the 4runner springs didn't really work the way I had hoped. I set the 5100s at 2.5" and after driving around a little they settled to 1.5"-2" depending on the side. I measured both sets (my TRD coils and the 4runner coils) and they were pretty close to the same length. I don't know if the coils were just wore out or if maybe the spring rates for the Tacoma and 4Runner are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.