TTORA Forum banner

Bleeding power steering

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Ringwraith 
#1 ·
So I've went through 3 bottle of fluid already trying to bleed my power steering, and I'm kinda out of ideas. There's still a ridiculous amount of air in the system and I have no idea why. The only hose I took off when I had to take out my alternator was the line below the distributor cap, so air got in the system then. I've tried bleeding it out the bleeder valve, but that didn't help. I did it where you take the return hose off like the FSM says to do, and pour new stuff in, but it's still crazy full of bubbles coming out.
I dunno where are that air is coming from... If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears, because I'm probably gonna take it to a shop tomorrow.

#2 ·
Ummm let it sit a bit. Like an hour. Go out and make sure it is filled with the right amount of ATF.... If it is start it up and turn it slowly from lock to lock.
Turn it off, then check the fluid level again. Top off as needed through the filler cap.
That is all there is to it.

There will be fine bubbles in it for a while. looks like a bit of foam maybe. But this will go away if you just let it sit.

There is no bleeder valve by the way....
Hope that helps you out.

#3 ·
Yeah, I've tried that too, like 10 cycles and it's still foamy.
There is a bleeder valve actually, even says so in the FSM. It's on the top of the pump.

#5 ·
Yeah, I am. Funny though, I took my truck into my buddies dad's shop to see if he could figure it out. The only thing he did was top the fluid up a bit, and the air just dissapeared :/
So after 3 days of me trying to bleed it to no success, my truck sensed it was in a shop and decided to be nice :p
He said it was probably a sticky valve or something in the power steering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.