TTORA Forum banner

big deal or no big deal?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  LBchico98 
#1 ·
I was doing a little tune up on my truck today. Replaced plugs, wires, etc etc..when I was removing the pcv valve a small chunk of the grommet ripped off and fell inside the valve cover. I tried searching for it but no luck. I guess my question is should I remove the valve cover and try to find it or is it a big deal if left in thier?

See less See more
#3 ·
Remove the valve cover and get it out I wouldnt take the chance, it may just get chewed up or it could cause serious damage. While your in there check the valve clearances.

#4 ·
Did you run it since the PCV grommet fell in there? If you did, then don't waste your time, it probably already got munched up.

I really don't think its that big of a deal anyways, its such a small piece that dropped. If it dropped down then the oil screen will prevent it from being picked up. It will be broken down by something if ran, and end up in the oil filter, or just roll around in the pan.

I guess it depends how bored you are. Its perfectly fine to leave it, and its perfectly fine to get it.

#6 ·
cool thanks for the replies guys, my gut was telling me to open up that valve cover and search for it before something goes wrong, but at the same time i thought its probably no big deal, just wanted some opinions. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.