TTORA Forum banner

wiring help

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  hytenor 
#1 ·
I have the etrailer trailer wiring harness on my truck and the little black box on the harnesd fried and took my ruunnin lights and dash lights blew the fuses on my break lights turn signals and emergency flashers. I have disconnected the harness and replaced the blown fuses now i have flashers turn signals and break lights but i do not have running lights, dash lights, or running tail lights. Im at a loss all the fuses have been checked the harness has been on for around 6 to 7 months id say. within the last few weeks when i would hold the break to start the truck my running lights would light up. I dont know if that harness fried everything or what. It was the plug and play harness.

#3 ·
Already did that, the only one I couldnt check was the big 10 amp fuse for the taillights. THe harness is in the back but after my dash lights went out and after the numerous flashes from passing motorist I got while on the highway, I turned my emergency flashers on and within about 5 mins they went comepletely out and were not flashing on the dash or on the truck, and a real bad smell of burnt plastic came through the heater vents made my eyes burn a little bit. I'm hoping that shit didnt burn up but after the smell I dont know. But like I said after replaceing the 3 fuses I have flashers, turn signals, and break lights but no dash or running lights. The little black box on the harness actually caught fire I believe because it looks like somebody took a lighter to it and melted the spot where the wires go into it. Catastrophic failure. If it did fry the wires I wonder if etrailer.com would cover the work haha

#4 ·
If you dash lights are out that will be part of the problem...tail lights are tied into that fuse as well. that one should be in the dr side fuse panel but check under the hood as well...can't remember exactly :p

#5 ·
Im pretty sure I checked all the fuses but Ill go back over them tomo in the daylight, when you say the dash lights are connected to the tailights does that include the front running lights also?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.